I want to race more

ModMike1572

Established Member
When I bought my Mystichrome a few years ago, it was very slightly modded (pulley/intake/catback/tune), with 19k miles and a legit 10/10.

The owner was selling because he wanted to race more. This one was too nice and he didn't want to cut it up.

At that time, it was perfect for me. I was just interested in going to shows, cruising around, etc. Now that I've taken the car down the track a few times, I'm hooked. I want to go as fast as I can, legally.

So now I find myself in the same situation as the previous owner. I went 11.0 at 126 a few weeks back with a simple set up and my first time running the car. Once I do the fuel system and E85 I should be in the 10's consistentely.

What if the track tells me not to come back without a cage? Then what... No more racing for me? Because I don't see myself cutting this car up, taking out those beautiful seats, doing any weight reduction, etc...

Anybody else been in a similar situation? I love having a rare car that you don't see everywhere, especially at the track, and a part of me thinks it would be pretty badass to see a built Mystichrome but at the same time I would feel guilty for permanently modifying a limited production car...

I don't ever plan on selling this car, but what if I did. The value would drop in the toilet. I know when I was looking, I would have skipped right over if I saw a cage...

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
The 11.0 should have had them tell you don't race any more. I think the coupe roll bar rule is 11.49. Maybe your track is lenient.

If they start cracking down....best solution is buy a 2nd terminator. Lol. One to build race car one to keep street queen. I'm like you not a fan of roll bars or other necessary equipment to run by the rules.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
I heard there was still a couple fox bodies left out there!

Seriously, I don't have an answer other than don't f that mystichrome up.

ModMike1572

Established Member
The 11.0 should have had them tell you don't race any more. I think the coupe roll bar rule is 11.49. Maybe your track is lenient.

If they start cracking down....best solution is buy a 2nd terminator. Lol. One to build race car one to keep street queen. I'm like you not a fan of roll bars or other necessary equipment to run by the rules.

Believe it or not, my wife said the same thing. "Just go buy another one and race it and keep this one like it is". I have a great wife.

Thats just a lot of money though, to go buy a 2nd terminator and build it on top of what i already have.

Those boss 302's have come down to about 30k. Forged 5.0 with solid axle... Would make a nice race car. Lol

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'd say buy a Fox, mod and go racing. A much cheaper road to where you want to go IMO. And you spare your Mystichrome in the process, which is what you want to do.

OW99

Established Member
Buy a second carpet and get a bolt in 5 point roll bar. So if you ever want to go back you just take it out and swap the original carpet back in.

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
I'm in the same boat 6800 mile cobra,runs 10s at track days& rentals.never been shut down but know it's coming! I'm thing about picking up A notch to go faster.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
i say just install whatever safety equipment you need to run as fast as you can, it isn't the end of the world - esp since you never plan on selling the car.

ModMike1572

Established Member
Sell me mystichrome

Buy fox :)

Make me an offer i cant refuse, lol

i say just install whatever safety equipment you need to run as fast as you can, it isn't the end of the world - esp since you never plan on selling the car.

Ya, my buddy said he would rather have my car with a cage, then not have the car at all. There's cars worth 100k out there with roll cages.

Users who are viewing this thread