I wanna play in the dirt..thinking about a Polaris Razor?

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
I've got the itch to play off road and I was looking at quads and then a friend turned me on to the Polaris Razors! I've owned dirt bikes and ridden quads and I love them all but these Razors are the most fun i've ever had off road! I drove the Razor 900XP on Sunday and I can't quit thinking about this thing! Do any of you have one? What's your advice when looking to buy a new Razor? Pictures? Places to ride in the Mid Atlantic?

Here is a link to the machine I want. Thanks for feedback guys :beer:

2012 Polaris RANGER RZR XP 900 Side By Side : Overview CA

ASMACH

Termimach
Established Member
I bought a yfz450R a couple years ago but after seeing how intense these sidebysides are getting I wish I had bought one of those instead. Especially for the kind of riding I do

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
I bought a yfz450R a couple years ago but after seeing how intense these sidebysides are getting I wish I had bought one of those instead. Especially for the kind of riding I do
I hear ya. I've been lusting after the Yamaha 450s for years but have never pulled the trigger. Then my neighbor, who has a garage full of toys, had a Honda TRX450R set up for GNCC racing let me ride his quad about a week ago and my love for off roading has been rekindled lol. He said he would sell me his 450R for 5K and based on my research it is worth that with all the aftermarket parts and the condition it's in but writing a check for 5K for a used quad doesn't sit well with me. So anyhoo, I always have thought the Razor's are too expensive but if I put the 5K down that I was gonna buy the quad for then the payments are manageable and I'm getting the top of the line side by side and can bring the wifey along which helps my case when I wanna buy a $16,000 toy!

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
You must have just finished watching Duck Dynasty. Lmao. He just bought 2 on the last episode.

Duck Commander FTW.

MJN

Established Member
I had a 09 rzr s and loved it. Sold it but will be back in one again maybe. Just no where really to ride by me. Used to travel with my quad but with trailer and stuff hard to stop other places so decided would rent instead. Bit pricy but travel is easier.....for now ;)

Been into atvs all my life and have had something, this is one of first times been with out but sure love the room in my garage.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

MJN

Established Member
It goes everywhere a quad can and then some. Its like a fast offroad go cart. From rock crawling to the high speed trails they are very addicting. Not to mentiond get pricy can get anything for them.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

goin2drt

Established Member
I own a 2012 RZR S fully built up. Very fun and a blast. Before that I owned a Teryx. RZR is a lot more fun.

SonicBlur2003

U.S.C.G.
Established Member
I have too many toys as it is. A friend of mine has one of these though, he used to have multiple quads but he cant get enough of the razor. seems like the side by side is the new way to go.

goin2drt

Established Member
photo.gif

Here is a pic.

Badass02GT

Established Member
Be careful. Read all the reviews on the WC. They are having major issues. If you go that route wait until the new year comes out.

Yes they did with the 12's but the 13's are coming shortly. The one I drove was a 13' so I cant really compare to the first model.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
The performance is pretty amazing!

However good luck find alternatives for the Polaris OE "MAGIC" fluids.

They make it as hard as possible by just not disclosing what the fluid performance requirements are, so you eventually just give up trying and just buy the Polaris fluid.

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
I have too many toys as it is. A friend of mine has one of these though, he used to have multiple quads but he cant get enough of the razor. seems like the side by side is the new way to go.
I hear ya! My buddy has a 1st gen RZR800, CR250, & YZF450 and says he likes is RZR hands down the best!

photo.gif
Here is a pic.
Looks Cool, thanks for posting.

this is terminator talk??? infraction please???
LOL :pepper: I know what forum this is I just wanted to hear what all my Terminator friends thought about the Razor and if anybody had experience. It's cool to have more in common than just the Cobra. No harm no foul. :beer:

Look into one of these!! I got to test one out and have driven a few Razrs before and thie Arctic Cat rules hands down!!!
Arctic Cat - Wildcat 1000i H.O.
Did you drive a RZR800s or the RZR900XP? There is a HUGE difference! I am only interested in this 900XP it is plenty fast and powerful and it looks the best of the sport UTVs available IMO. The Arctic Cat is too big/long to ride where we ride. This bike looks better suited for the dunes.

The performance is pretty amazing! I know, I just drove one on Sunday. I drove the 900XP up huge hills with me and my buddy (500lbs) in 2.5ft of hay and it was pulling so hard I couldn't believe it! I couldn't quit smiling, the power is nasty!:coolman:

However good luck find alternatives for the Polaris OE "MAGIC" fluids.
I've never heard this before? What fluids are you referring to?
They make it as hard as possible by just not disclosing what the fluid performance requirements are, so you eventually just give up trying and just buy the Polaris fluid.

Users who are viewing this thread