I thought those L's were fast !

tommylightning

No status!!
Established Member
Originally posted by tommylightning
Once again...what would a Lightning do if it only weighed 35-3600 lbs?
988827950920_smash.gif
Hear me?! Hello!!! This is the last time!!! Hang 1000 pounds on your Camaro and watch it sink in.

morrisc

Established Member
Dont worry guys me and Mr 00ss are going to hook up in vernon Tx or in Ennis Tx and dont worry my buddys will take video. The L will have revenge.

10secL

Established Member
hey there 00SS.....why dont you cart that junk up to Nashville.....if you aint runnin 10s in a 1/4 you arent gonna have a chance with a friend of mine...oh btw you better ask mommy for more allowance money.............oh yeah this truck dont race for no less than 1G...........give me an email when you get that much saved up..................and he will be waiting on ya......hell i will even put a grand up on him smoking you so bad......you will be at an SVT dealer trading your Crumaro.....when you see how fast he will show you his taillights you will:xpl:

00SS

Established Member
Ok, sorry.. been on vacation. called out huh... well oddly enough, i have made some decisions on which way to go on my car.. and as far as trailering my car to nashville ... yea, right. But my car will run 10's real soon.. i've got my stage II heads on order (6.0 litre truck heads going to MTI to be P&P) and then get them on with my LS6 intake, 30lb injectors and a retune with Ed Wright and hmm bring it. I may even be nice and run without the bottle :D

Morrisc - you have mail.

and as far as my 'crumaro' goes.. well .. let's just say i like the looks of it much better than an L and that's why i decided on my SS. The ability to whoop up on you FORD guys was just a bonus.

well, smack talk is smack talk .. so go ahead, i have my fire suit on :D

does it kill you guys that much to think that my SS can beat a modded L. and all this stuff about weight... so what, you chose to buy it .. so no execuses when u lose. If i lose a race i don't go around and say man your car weighs 100 lbs less than me..

and yes .. morrisc and i will get video on the race coming up .. funny he seems like a real nice guy.. not smack talking like you bunch of sissies. Like i said i enjoy racing doesn't matter what i race.. if i win or lose i give a thumbs up.. it just so happens I don't lose many :D

Oh, and the bring it to nashville guy... you have to put your friend up against me.. that's pretty weak in my book. Sorry, i don't ask mommy for anything.. i have to clear it with the wife though.. as i have 2 kids and my wife is pregnant with twins.. so whatever dude.

Ebbsnflows

Established Member
Oh jeez...this post is only 2 pages so far and we've already got the, "IF the Lightning weighed less/the Camaro weighed more", and "I bet my buddy can beat you with his ______.....".....Let me guess, next someone is gonna bust out with....."The magazines say that....." or "My daddy can beat up your daddy" Bull$h!t.

Hell, we could debate the "what if" nonsense all damn day long. The fact is the L lost to the LS1....period.

Is the L a strong running truck in stock form? YES. Will a stock LS1 (w/ a competent driver) whip the crap out of it?....YES. Please don't argure w/ me......argue the the law of physics. They both put down similar #'s on the dyno, but the F-body is over 1K lbs lighter and more aerodynamic at 100+ mph. Plus, I own both, so I know what each of them are capable of.

Many of you get your feather's all bunched up over silly crap. I understand that everyone is proud of their purchasing choice, as they should be. But sometimes you have to think w/ your head and not your heart.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by Ebbsnflows
Is the L a strong running truck in stock form? YES. Will a stock LS1 (w/ a competent driver) whip the crap out of it?....YES. Please don't argure w/ me......argue the the law of physics. They both put down similar #'s on the dyno, but the F-body is over 1K lbs lighter and more aerodynamic at 100+ mph.

Couldn't agree with you more Ebbs, however, these guys are debating MODIFIED vehicles, so all bets are off (so to speak ;))...

LogiWorld123

Established Member
does this ever end....

im tired of the LS1 "we are king" attitudes.. ugh

great im glad your sports car can beat a sports truck. kudos to you.

im glad your 33-36k sports car can whip up on 27-30k sports cars. (fords)

im also glad your sports car can run "12's" bone stock, not saying yours does, but a general consensus of LS1 owners seem to think they can.

but why does the "legendary" (cough) LS1 not respond to modifications as well or as easy as the ford five oh and 4.6?

but what im mostly glad to see is that GM is killin off those fugly camaros and firebirds, and HOPEFULLY, bring only the firebird back and make it what it started out as... pony car. yes a pony car.

i am confident my engine is better than yours. cept torque, but thats not my dilly yo.

Ebbsnflows

Established Member
Originally posted by Scoriox
does this ever end....

im tired of the LS1 "we are king" attitudes.. ugh

Never once did I give the "We are King" attitude. If you can find where I did, you're a better sleuth than Sherlock Holmes. I simply stated mathematical/phsyical facts. If weighing a thousand pounds less than an L' makes me a King, then color me Royal.

great im glad your sports car can beat a sports truck. kudos to you.

Let me guess.....If a boy tackles a girl playing football he's a shmuck, BUT if a girl is beating the shit out a boy on the same field, he's a shmuck. Here's my take on that: If you can't stand the heat...don't come in the kitchen. If an L's willing to race....I'm willing to beat it.

im glad your 33-36k sports car can whip up on 27-30k sports cars. (fords)

Hahaha...who paid 33-36K? My cancelled check explicitly states that I paid $24,864.92 (including Tax, tag, title) out the door, for the SS. Hmmm....Maybe the salesman didn't realize that I shorted him approx. $8K-12K.....whoops. :rolleyes:

im also glad your sports car can run "12's" bone stock, not saying yours does, but a general consensus of LS1 owners seem to think they can.

Since you threw in the, "not saying yours does" Loophole...I won't address that statement.

but why does the "legendary" (cough) LS1 not respond to modifications as well or as easy as the ford five oh and 4.6?

That statement is most ridiculous statement of them all. Before I even take the time to refute it....care to explain where the hell you came up with it? When you say "mods" you must be refering to N02 and Boost....cuz unless you're willing to mortgage the house to send the car to SHM, there are no other phukin' mods. BTW...I own a 96 Cobra (see my website in sig)...So DON'T EVEN try to BullSh!t me.:rolleyes:

i am confident my engine is better than yours. cept torque, but thats not my dilly yo.

"cept torque"....WTF??? Dude...since HP is a function of TORQUE....what the hell else is there?? Looks? Smell? Taste? You're telling me that your engine Tastes better than the LS1?? Or does your engine LOOK better in a bikini? Jeez....that's gotta be the most foolish thing I've ever heard......"yo".

Guys....I'm a Lightning owner too. I didn't join this thread to start a flame war. I was only playing "devils advocate" to the lone LS1 owner in the thread. I had hoped that the fact that I own both would allow me state some unbiased perspectives. If some of you can't face and accept an unbiased opinion, then you've got more serious issues to deal w/ than occasionally losing a street race. In the meantime, Good luck with your individual purchases....I'm sure they'll bring much happiness to all of you.

Last edited:

LogiWorld123

Established Member
"we are king attitudes"

sorry bout that.. got frustrated by readin on LS1.. apology

33k sports car: that was MSRP

i wont address the 12's issues too... i have yet to see it in person

there are plenty of mods for the 4.6L... SHM isnt the only mustang performance guy... swanson performance has some stuff.. hell even saleen has mods for the 4.6L

my engine better? i still believe it is more tech advanced, state of the art, better designed.. but the torque thing: i meant to say theres no replacement for displacement..

i need to stop goin to LS1 and postin over here on late nites after crawling through code on the site...:shocked: :shocked:

Otherwise Ebbsnflows <offers hand for handshake> we might have different views, but here its all good.

:rev:

Ebbsnflows

Established Member
"we are king attitudes"

sorry bout that.. got frustrated by readin on LS1.. apology

......i need to stop goin to LS1 and postin over here on late nites after crawling through code on the site...:shocked: :shocked:

Otherwise Ebbsnflows <offers hand for handshake> we might have different views, but here its all good.

:rev:

Handshake accepted.

I realize that there are LOTS of @$$hole LS1/F-body owners...trust me, I've met many of them in person :D. But there are some genuinely nice one's as well (you just have to sort thru the $hit to find'em :D ). It goes w/ out saying that there are equally @ssholish Ford owners also. Regardless, I try my best to remain open minded regarding members from both camps.

I didn't come to this board to argue/bicker/fight w/ everyone of it's members. I came here to learn as much as I can about my new Lightning....period.

However I am MORE than willing to join a "friendly" debate on the merits of each and every vehicle that I own. I know each of their limitations and weaknesses as well as strengths. Sometimes I overreact when someone THAT DOESN'T EVEN OWN a particular vehicle, will open their uninformed mouths, and spew forth complete and utter nonsense, simply based on info that was gathered from a magazine or hearsay. I like to deal w/ facts....not bull$h!t.

In this thread it might appear that I am a "GM" guy that's bashing Ford. That couldn't be further from the truth. Ask my wife how much I love my Cobra and how much I defend Fords/Mustangs to my F-body buddies. I just enjoy playing the Devil's advocate. I enjoy learning...as well as wiping away misconceptions that many people have towards the "other brand".

In the meanwhile....I apologize for any hard feelings or animosity that I may have caused in this thread....as well as any I may cause in the upcoming threads (yes, there will be MANY that I jump in on).

Now...I'm gonna go deal w/ "Zzzoooms" nitwit statements in the other post. :D :D

Ebbsnflows

Established Member
Originally posted by tommylightning
OK then How bout you slap 1000 worth of weights in your LS1 and then run 'em. I have a guess who wins that is not a "what if" that is a "can do".
kloguck.gif

Only if you disconnect the blower and we run straight up N/A....I won't spray and you won't boost. I'll pick up weight to offset that advantage...but you have to run me on engine so that you lose your power adder advantage......Sounds like a "can do" to me. Let's set it up.

neat

OK man, stock for stock. A lightning can not beat an LS1 with a decent driver. I'm not saying L's are not bad a$$ (although I don't think so), just no match for a healthy LS1. For a truck, L's are definitely the King, but sports cars??? Its apples and oranges, there is no way to compare them fairly.

tommylightning

No status!!
Established Member
I have yet to see anyone talk about Stock F-Bodies vs. Stock Lightnings. Even Ebbie has no mods on his L and tons of mods on his Camaro and he is claiming his Camaro is faster. Let's see...
rolleyes04.gif
Hey you're right a heavily modded Camaro/TA will beat an L. Wow you guys are too smart for me.:sad

Users who are viewing this thread