I thought those L's were fast !

00SS

Established Member
Ok, coming home from work yesterday i saw a new Lightning (00-01, not sure) I gave pursuit and he slowed down when he saw me coming up on him... and i'm like cool he actually gonna run me. He had his girl in the car(truck) with him and not sure what mods he had (if any) because he wouldn't roll the window down to talk.. so I just pointed ahead and waited for him to hit it. We went from about a 50-55 roll, he punched it and then i went.. i put at least 3 cars on him pretty fast, then he stayed there until about 110 and then i started pulling away.. once i realized this i shut it down.. well, he didn't and I watched him come up on me to try to do a fly by (TRY, key word
I hit it again when his front bumper was about at my back bumper and nailed it again.. pretty much the same outcome. I let off again around 115-120 and this time he slowed down when he came up, I tried to get him to roll the window down as to talk for a sec. but he was taking the merge to the left and i was going right.. so i gave him the thumbs up and he looked a little reluctant to give one back.. but he finally did as we split up. I know these trucks run good on the 1/4 .. but at a roll and higher speeds... let's just say he wasn't ready!
I really thought he would do better than that with everyone hyping them up.. oh well, another ford goes down like a cheap hooker (j/k :)
take care...

LogiWorld123

Established Member
lets see how fast you go over 65 with a big ol TAILGATE on your backside :)

nice story though.

98_SVT_Cobra

Established Member
Stock a Lightning is no match for an LS1 from a roll. It's best chance is from a dead dig, where it can normally get several lenghts on a LS1, then you have to hope to hold them off. The only roll my truck felt good from was 65, right in the sweet spot of second gear. Good kill :)

DJANIMATE

Established Member
Originally posted by 00SS

I really thought he would do better than that with everyone hyping them up.. oh well, another ford goes down like a cheap hooker (j/k :)
take care...

Wait til you race one with some mods there Topgun, you may be in for a suprise. And as for not being fast, I guess Chebby's Silverado is fast, right? Oh wait, I forgot about that bullet called the Xtreme.

00SS

Established Member
ummm, year & car are in my sig :confused:
---
on a lighter note... putting in a 150 n20 wet kit on her real soon... :D then all that's left is some ARE stage II heads with a bigger cam... hello low 10's :D

SOrry fellas, but don't think the L will be able to hang on any race...

DJANIMATE

Established Member
Originally posted by 00SS

SOrry fellas, but don't think the L will be able to hang on any race...

(Sing along)

Here's a
Quarter.jpg
to call someone who cares.

00SS

Established Member
whoops.. I'd like to retract the previous stmt. .. after reading it, it did seem assholish... given the time and money anything can be very fast.. I was just stating that with the new mods coming, it would have 2 b one heavily modded truck to keep up in the 1/4 or on top end because of aerodynamics.

my apologies..

DJANIMATE

Established Member
That's cool, I was just ribbin' you anyway. Sounds like you'll have a seriously fast car there. I guess your warranty's shot anyway with the cam and heads so you mind as well get on the laughing gas.

Last edited:

00SS

Established Member
Hankfan - ??? :confused: ??? Not sure what you mean.. but i see your L is on the bottle .. what kind of times you pulling with it?

morrisc

Established Member
I will take that chalenge 00ss and you are not to far away I live in amarillo tx. I will be in ennis soon and oh yea by the way to update my signature The nos in instaled with jdm flip chip mickey thompson ets best quarter mile time 12.96 @3700 feet without the new mods

00SS

Established Member
morrisc - you got it man, my bottle is going on this thurs. drop me a email and let me know when you're coming down, we'll go run'em and get a beer at the local watering hole afterwards. :D

I hope for some low to mid 11's with the 125 shot.. if not i can take the purge kit off and make it dual stage 100's :eek:

BTW: my name is Devin... talk to ya soon.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Good kill, but you have to remember you aren't exactly stock. You have a nice list of mods that complement your times, which is all great. It'd be kinda like me bragging about wasting some stock LS1 with my modded car. Yeah I'd post it, but I mean I'm supposed to beat a stock car. Glad to hear you didn't get in any trouble thid time! :D

2001SVTMAN

Established Member
The lightning's are fast, you're just lucky you didn't run into one w/ some mods.Probly would of given you a run for your money
(maby even taken your money)
Don't ever underestimate us, ask yourself this, how do you think your fast camaro would of done if you were stock?
Answer honestly..... or lie to yourself. Your choice.
I'll give you props, at least you have the balls to post some stupid remarks here about your camaro. ( not to smart) but ballsy non the less.
Good luck w/ your camaro Mr. Fast & furious.

Users who are viewing this thread