I thought those L's were fast !

neat

Originally posted by tommylightning
I have yet to see anyone talk about Stock F-Bodies vs. Stock Lightnings. Even Ebbie has no mods on his L and tons of mods on his Camaro and he is claiming his Camaro is faster. Let's see...
rolleyes04.gif
Hey you're right a heavily modded Camaro/TA will beat an L. Wow you guys are too smart for me.:sad

Look up one post genius...

neat

The only excessive mod I have is the NOS, and its brand new. If you don't believe me, go to LS1.com, and check out the N20 forum. Do a search on my name and check out the dates of when I asked my questions.

If a lid, a giant hole in my exhaust, and a few things that allow me to put the power to the ground make me too much of a match for a stock Lightning, then you guys have some serious trash talking problems.

If a stock L can beat a ZO6, like I've seen posted here a before, (see the trash talking refernece above) me with my non power adder mods shouldn't even be a challenge. What gives???

00SS

Established Member
ok, let's talk stock.. my car with only a cutout ran a 13.2 @ 107 ... oh and b4 you spout off... mines an auto, i have a friend of mine who is completely stock down to the paper filter and he's pulled a 12.9 @ 108. Now, most of the post ive seen on here are claiming mid to low 13 for the L's but all of those trucks at least had a chip which is a decent mod for the vehicle. so, in closing.. quit crying.

'run what you brung' this whole topic was about a kill that's it... this is a kill section right??

LogiWorld123

Established Member
so your friends 100% stock car runs faster than yours modded? lol

ahhh another Ls1 "12 second" club loser.

I have YET to see it!

Went to the races couple weekends ago, fastest Ls1 stock (i know its stock cuz my friend bought it and he is a dumbass bout cars) ran a 13.9 (auto)

I want to go buy a 00 SS, keep it stock, and let others drive it, and see if i can break 12's....

Probably not gonna happen.

00SS

Established Member
yep, he ran 12.9 stock... and uh no.. i run flat 12's now.. .so no, he can't beat me now.. but stock he had me. you're going to the wrong track then.. I still haven't got any times with the bottle on ... i guessing 11.4-11.6 on the bottle. you will see soon enough, as i'm racing a fellow board member in his juiced L in a couple weeks.. and we will get video! so how do you like your crow??? raw/baked/scewered :D

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Another thing, bout the 12 second STOCK story..

Unlike LS1.com... we here at SVTPerformance.com don't take kindly to

BULL SHIT!

:)

Ebbsnflows

Established Member
Dang it...I told myself that I was done with this thread.....Ok, after this....I mean it!!......

I PERSONALLY (meaning ME...not a magazine) have seen 2 seperate LS1's run so close to 12's it wasn't even funny. Both were 2001's and both had less than 2500 miles on them.

3 Weeks ago, Capital Raceway....Black Z28: 13.08 w/ a 2.1x 60'. If he could've gotten it off the line just a bit quicker, he had 12.9's EASILY. (Temps: 85* w/ 70% humidity!!)

Last weekend: a Blk SS....13.10 w/ a 2.2x 60'!!!! Again...anything under a 1.99 60' and he would've kissed the 12's (temps were a bit cooler 70's w/ 50% humidity). Both cars were bone stock!! Even had stock rims/tires (hence the high 60 ft's).

Now you guys are saying...."Big Deal....that STILL NOT 12's"... Granted...neither hit the 12's...but you have to be able to recognize that both were MORE than capable of it, given the awful launches and less than optimum weather conditions. Had the temps been 20 deg cooler, they both would've smashed 12's regardless of the poor traction.

Now...let me judge some of you, based on the current logic being used on here....The best I've ever seen a stock L run was a 14.2 (w/ LOTS of 14.5 +'s )....I even saw one get smoked at a redlight by an LT1 w/ only basic mods!!! Am I gonna call BULL$HIT on every one of you that posts sub 14 sec. ET's??? NO....because my exposure to L's is so limited (ie. I've only seen 6-8 run) that would be pretty damned naive' of me.

Again...it's a mathematical thing: 100 lbs = Approx .10 in the 1/4...Do we agree on that???

FBodies dyno @ 300-305 stock (01's are dyno'ing as high as 310-315 rwhp)....they weigh around 3400 lbs with the spare tire/jack removed.

L's dyno 320-325 stock...but weigh 4500 lbs (spare/jack removed). Some of you have claimed 13.5's or better being stock.....
http://www.f150online.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46238

If you believe that, then just do the MATH!!!

1100 lbs = 1.1 sec. in the 1/4. Hell....LS1 owner's are only claiming .60 better than you!!! WHY IS THAT SO DAMNED HARD TO BELIEVE???? It's not a conspiracy....there is no 2nd gunmen!!! (Well maybe in JFK's case.....BUT NOT IN THIS CASE!!)

Last edited:

wheelspin

Established Member
Knock off all that Jibba Jabba!
Put it on the pavement boys!!
:D
'Nuff talkin' about who's quicker'n who. Where'd the kills go??

Tim Bindon

Established Member
Hmm... Yeah, L's are fast, yeah SS's are fast. I went at it with a '00/'01 Dark Blue SS last winter in my '00 L. We ran from 80-110 twice. The first time he pulled me, the second time I pulled him. I know my truck is bone stock, i'm guessing the SS was too. The way I see it, we we're even on that day.

12's from a stock LS1??? Wow... can the Vette do that?

00SS

Established Member
Hey man, what hapened to you? I was there till about midnight.. b4 making the long journey home. I got some bad ass video though... :D Read my other post from today.. i went into some detail there.. but I'm hoping to get the kevlar bands in tomorrow and then off to the track (Ennis) on Friday. If you can make it down that would be awesome.. although i have to tell ya my car is making some kick ass power down in the lower rpm range.. as well as the bottle helping out my top end .. i'm thinking a 11.4-11.5 at the track on Friday. I'll post up the vid's when i get them done.

let me know.

Devin.

morrisc

Established Member
11.4 holy shit that is scary man hey is ennis where they are holding the drag wars this weekend. I might try to make a trip there leaving fri night. What is the schedule for the track on sat? I need to get some times in some good air. Drop me a email with some video.

Users who are viewing this thread