I think My #8 piston is starting to fail

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
I've just never heard of somebody checking their plugs so often is all :poke:

ah just good practice considering all the blown #8's, kinda like accidently having sex with a girl that you heard had herpes, so now your checking your junk periodically:lol:

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
this doesnt look like the same thread I was reading this morning...somebody did some housecleaning in here...lol

You are correct. A few users were turning this into personal banter back and forth as well as going OT with checking your junk.

FWIW, the OP has a Procharged car and 605hp (according to sig) so not sure how this relates to N/A tuned #8 failures that have happened in the past.

:beer:

apex32

5.slow
Established Member
If you are blowing oil on decel it's very possible your piston is just on its way out. I noticed that one day, didn't think much of it and then a few days later drove my car (hard) and it was smoking like crazy. Pulled in a parking lot and had a buddy meet me with tools and pulled my plug and it was covered in oil. This was early in 2011. Catch it while you can, and it's just good practice to check plugs. Sold the car shortly after but it still drove fine. IIRC my compression was only 6% down via dealer when I attempted warranty coverage.

Last edited:

Deranged2013

Established Member
If you are blowing oil on decel it's very possible your piston is just on its way out. I noticed that one day, didn't think much of it and then a few days later drove my car (hard) and it was smoking like crazy. Pulled in a parking lot and had a buddy meet me with tools and pulled my plug and it was covered in oil. This was early in 2011. Catch it while you can, and it's just good practice to check plugs. Sold the car shortly after but it still drove fine. IIRC my compression was only 6% down via dealer when I attempted warranty coverage.

Was this a grabber blue car?

Deranged2013

Established Member
Sure was. I think the new owner rebuilt it and its blown now. I didn't have the time/money when it happened to do that myself.

I know the guy that got it from you. He is the one I mentioned earlier in this thread about catching it early. He new it had low compression when he got it, drove it for a while, and then rebuilt the bottom end himself. He then sold it to a guy that had it blown.

GearsNBeers

Established Member
Sorry man:shrug: that really sucks. What is up with #7 is that in relation to #8? On the not so bright side at least you can save some cheddar because you didn't totally grenade it.

Last edited:

csb85

Established Member
Yeah car will have to sit for a little while until i can get the money for the build. Gives me time to decide if i want to go with stock compression or 10:1. And to add insult to injury my trucks fuel pump decides to take a crap yesterday.

phack

Established Member
I saw Shaun's thread and respect him as a tuner but I just don't buy the whole: "We (and other tuners now since 2012) corrected Ford's mistake in the factory tune" bullshit. I need more proof than some graphs of a car or two and claims of lean condition at WOT.

So aftermarket tunes are now more reliable than factory? bull-freaking-shiz, sorry. If that were the case, there would not be so many people post 2012 that keep coming in with plethora of engine related issues (some # 8's included).

You should read up on the history of the Subaru Boxer engines and their factory tunes blowing motors.

Users who are viewing this thread