I think My #8 piston is starting to fail

csb85

Established Member
I have a brand new 2013 boss 302 shortblock from.ford racing let.me know if u need it
I plan on going with a built short block from mmr, jpc, or livernois. But thanks anyway
Sorry you have to go through this OP. I would hate having to rebuild the bottom end, but when you have it done, the time and money spent will be well worth it. Not having to worry about this BS #8 issue anymore will be priceless. Hope Ford has better head cooling and pistons for the 2015 models!
Yeah it sucks, but i knew this risk I was taking modding my car so I'm really not that mad about it. It will be nice not having to worry about the number 8 after its built. Plus i plan on upping the power. would like to be closer to 700.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
My plugs looked sort of like this when I installed my supercharger. I need to do a compression test now. It still made 620rwhp with the stock paxton pulley so I hope is ok. A bit nervous now though.

stang8psi

Established Member
You lost your number 8 after you installed the paxton? Is that why your going built motor now?

-Thomas
Yes that's why the bottom end build .

So looking at both your sig info you guys are running lund tunes? An both were on the dyno? Stang how were you plugs in number 7 and 8
They were both covered in oil, took long tubes off and both exhaust ports were dripping oil. All other cylinders were fine. Mine were the #8 and the cylinder right in front of #8

03Cobra1979

Established Member
I pull mine every time I do an oil change. But I am a victim of a failed #8 not once.. but twice. Ford warrantied the first one the second I paid for so it has an aluminator. I just like to be on the safe side.

EDIT: Since someone will ask. Yes, two different tuners. One is much loved on this board. So I don't think it has much to do with the tuner in my case. I think just bad luck mostly.

I will just note it that NONE of the tunes were from AED.

Deranged2013

Established Member
I plan on going with a built short block from mmr, jpc, or livernois. But thanks anyway

Yeah it sucks, but i knew this risk I was taking modding my car so I'm really not that mad about it. It will be nice not having to worry about the number 8 after its built. Plus i plan on upping the power. would like to be closer to 700.

Keep us posted on the new build. Interested to see end results.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Yes that's why the bottom end build .

They were both covered in oil, took long tubes off and both exhaust ports were dripping oil. All other cylinders were fine. Mine were the #8 and the cylinder right in front of #8

Sounds like yours was one of the more rough number 8s. Have you got a tear down yet.
? Sorry man I hope the next build will be well worth it.

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
Sorry you have to go through this OP. I would hate having to rebuild the bottom end, but when you have it done, the time and money spent will be well worth it. Not having to worry about this BS #8 issue anymore will be priceless. Hope Ford has better head cooling and pistons for the 2015 models!

its a modded car? shit happens. dont be a woman.

Users who are viewing this thread