I never thought I would say this...but thinking of selling for a G35....

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
I bought this car with the intention of keeping it as long as possible, but i'm starting to think that I need a different vehicle.

I daily drive it, and where I live we do get some snow, nothing crazy though. I cant drive my car at all in the snow, so that means I have to borrow someone else's, or get a ride, etc. Also, the 16mpg highway doesn't help the budget.

I have read so many threads where people have regretted selling their car, with little to none saying it was the right move. I truly dont know what to do.

I was looking at the G35, which is awd. That solves my driving year round issue, and also gets 26 highway, which is most of what I do.

Am I just feeling the winter blues, or is there some relevance to my thoughts?

SlowSVT

Established Member
Selling it just in time for spring. Don't come back whining that you miss your Cobra. A G35 is a nice car but it won't do much for your heart rate :sleeping:

Get a used Subaru in the fall.

ViciousJay

Established Member
dude weve got a month left if that till the weather turns around... take some mod money and stash it away till next october and get a 1000 POS like i am... a 100 a paycheck from now till then could get you something pretty decent.. put liablity only on it and garage that beast

i know what your feeling... its snowing and i wanna go work out but F*** taking any chances while its snow/ice falling

Last edited:

REDFIREKNIGHT

SVT XENON GURU
Established Member
I was in the same boat except dont have snow and didnt want to sell the car but gas was killing me. So I went to my nearest craigslist site and looked for an old mitsu mighty max for $1000. Now I get insane mpg, in great condition and not one problem with it at all. And I sleep well at nite when I see my termi in the garage and knowing that is there and not many miles are been put in it. And saving alot of cash on gas.

If you sell it, you will kick your self in the butt 2 months down the road. Specially when you see 1 passing you.

Dont do it.

MidnightRambler

Established Member
I spent $1100 on an old Ford Taurus to be my daily driver, and I've never regretted it for a second. Now I have a practical car that gets decent gas mileage and is cheap to repair and maintain, and my Cobra can sit in the garage 'til the weekend and avoid all that unecessary mileage.

Get a beater!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The Infiniti G35 is a nice car. I've driven the sedan. But it's very different from the Terminator. Performance wise you'll take a huge hit, but comfort/quality wise you're taking a big step forward. I love performance cars. Always have. Always will. But comfort and quality now are a higher priority for me. Things change in our lives. Others here place a much higher priority on performance and muscle. Only you can decide where your own needs lie. Best of luck with your decision.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
At least you'll get a tampon out of the deal.

lol. i wonder how many people here know about that. btw, clever username :beer:

the coupe isnt available in awd is it? ive driven the sedan and it is nice and has decent power, but its kinda ugly... its definitely not great looking like the coupe is.

if you are going to seriously look into those, check out the mazdaspeed 6. its turbocharged (which means easy to get more power), awd, 6 speed, all the creature comforts, and still in the ford family. and cheaper!

ViciousJay

Established Member
I get more like 21-22 :shrug:

damn!! get a new tune :eek:

i get no better then 220 a tank with a ported 2.76 car... i havent a clue what others are getting but i sure as hell cant break 220 either...

got a suggestion on what else to do? also i shift at or below 2K in traffic and i drive 60 miles round trip half highway/street

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread