I NEED talked out of a poor decision... Maybe...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I agree with the advice to focus on getting your 2003 and 1997 Cobras finished before you attempt a project like this one. Unless you're a real glutton for punishment. LOL.

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
I didn’t want to pay the crazy amount a clean Lightning is going for. Bought one that needed work. Luckily I can do the work myself and know what works on these trucks. @LS WUT @PC03GT

But OP, don’t do it. I was in the middle of tearing down a foxbody, finally collected everything to do a terminator swap and decided it would be a good idea to pick up an 01 Lightning. I thought I would leave it alone but I’ve been spending my free time fixing and cleaning it up to bring it up to my standards.

_Lariat

_lariat on insta
Established Member
Meanwhile i want a clean 02 or 03 L lol

That being said...OP...finish your shit before you become a meme lol
I'm already a meme, unless you are referencing another SVT being "saved" on this forum... P.S. another Beksinski fan. Love the profile pic
I agree with the advice to focus on getting your 2003 and 1997 Cobras finished before you attempt a project like this one. Unless you're a real glutton for punishment. LOL.
I'm a horrid glutton for punishment. Then again, it's nothing new for me having multiple things going on. Diesel tech by day, average idiot by night. Lol!
I didn’t want to pay the crazy amount a clean Lightning is going for. Bought one that needed work. Luckily I can do the work myself and know what works on these trucks. @LS WUT @PC03GT

But OP, don’t do it. I was in the middle of tearing down a foxbody, finally collected everything to do a terminator swap and decided it would be a good idea to pick up an 01 Lightning. I thought I would leave it alone but I’ve been spending my free time fixing and cleaning it up to bring it up to my standards.
That's what I was going to do. It was going to sit in a shed while I get my other cars done. Mainly the 03. My 97 I want to blow clear apart and start from ground up. It's got sentimental attachments that I can't let go. But I'm a dummy and would tinker on the L if I grabbed it. Guess I best wait for a decent gen 2 in my price range when I get there!

Users who are viewing this thread