i need a complete parts list of 03 parts to cnvert my 01

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
i think there's a few:

1. keep too much heat from getting to the hood and possibly affecting the paint(this is said to be a rumor)

2. in cold weather it prevents the engine from cooling too fast and causing cracks in the engine block and heads

3. smothers engine in case of fire

01 Venom

Established Member
all three of those are not that important, ton of people run around with after market cowl hoode with huge holes and no blanket.

wallie40

Established Member
Nick: the 2.4 does fit under the hood, but i am running such a large pulley that it is rubbing against the blanket. So just like everyone else i am pulling it off when i get it back.

My car is still at the shop, I am having the tq boxes welded up.

I did mine in about 2 weeks with little help. I just had a huge engine install party to get that put in. The engine took about 30 mins to drop into place, there was 5 of us. It took all day to put on the clutch, finish installing parts, drop the trans out. Man that was a good day!

car1.jpg

IMG_3853.jpg

IMG_3855.jpg

IMG_3878.jpg

IMG_3881.jpg

IMG_3882.jpg

My Buddy Chris
IMG_3880.jpg

My Buddy Mike
IMG_3886.jpg

wallie40

Established Member
We did, but it was scary too. I have pulled and installed a dozen motors but never something like this. I was shocked how easy it was to install and put back together. My dad's 62' Vette was a total PITA, this car went together so much easier.

-pAul

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
from my sig:

470 rwhp, 402 rwtq

best 1/4: 12.20 @ 117.85 mph

i have run a bunch of 12.3x's at 117.xx with not so hot launches. my best trap has been 119.24 mph......

Paul: glad to hear the KB 2.4 fits under the stock hood! i was afraid it wouldn't. now it will still look like a stock 99/01.....

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
is the intercooler and heat exchanger the same thing?
like wallie40 said, they are different. air flows through the heat exchanger, which cools the fluid. the cooled off fluid flows through the intercooler and cools the air comming out of the blower going into the engine.

Users who are viewing this thread