i need a complete parts list of 03 parts to cnvert my 01

DragSN95

Established Member
im putting an 01 motor in a 96 gt, and i want to put the full stock 03/04 blower setup on there before i do it

i kno mmany people have done it and was wondering if i can get a complete parts list

ReallyRedCobra

No really. Its that red.
Established Member
Umm check one of the mach1 sites there is a word doc floating around with all the parts needed. I'm sure someone on here has it.

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
D's01Snake said:
Part #1: Money
#2 knowing the fact that you spend as much on converting to an eaton as you would buying a centrifigul, AND you bought a blower that is inefficient and maxxed out

D's01Snake

Motor City Muscle
Established Member
there are plenty of eaton coversion cars making big power out there. So people just like the low end torque that a centrifugal just cant provide.

01 Venom

Established Member
AntiHeightPunk said:
#2 knowing the fact that you spend as much on converting to an eaton as you would buying a centrifigul, AND you bought a blower that is inefficient and maxxed out

Ohhh stop, please I am so tired of hearing this. What experience do you have on the subject?

To answer the question, this has been well documented by rio and I so you can do a search and find all you need, and we both had it turn out great. with both make a touch over 470 to the tire with about 420 torq.

Here is my complete thread on the subject, lots of others in here posting their results. Check out my sig for my combo

http://www.extremehp.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1390

Here is a parts list to get you started. If you have any questions just ask.

1.) 2R3Z-6312-BAA Crank pulley /Harmonic Balancer
2.) 2R3Z-6C254-BC Supercharger Crank drive pulley
3.) 2R3Z-8678-BA Pulley w/mount Replaces stk alt. Pulley
4.) 2R3Z-8B603-BB Pulley bridge assembly for S.C.
5.) 1L2Z-8678-AB Idler pulley,timing cover LH side
6.) 2R3Z-6D080-BC Timing cover
7.) 2R3Z-6020-AA Timing cover gasket LH side
8.) 2R3Z-6020-BA Timing cover gasket middle
9.) 2R3Z-6020-CA Timing cover gasket RH side
10.) 2R3Z-10A313-AB Upper alternator bracket
11.) 2R3Z-10153-BA Lower alternator bracket
12.) 1U2Z-14S411-TA Electrical connector (alt. to harmness )
13.) 2R3Z-6B209-AA Tensioner on timing cover
14.) 2R3Z-8260-AB Radiator hose
15.) 2R3Z-8A593-AB Radiator hose
16.) 2R3Z-8K576-AA Radiator hose
17.) 2R3Z-8286-AB Water cross over pipe
18.) F8ZZ-6881-AA Cobra oil cooler adapter
Note: Use your stock gasket from your adapter or a leak will occur
with a Cobra gasket!
19.) 2R3Z-6A642-AA Cobra Oil cooler
20. 2R3Z-9002-AA Cobra fuel tank
21.) 2R3Z-9H307-AB Cobra fuel pump
22.) 2R3Z-6F066-AA Eaton supercharger & inlet / T.B.
23.) 2R3Z-9424-BB Lower intake
24.) 2R3Z-6K775-?? Garrett factory intercooler
25.) 2R3Z-9H486-?? Intercooler to S.C. gasket
26.) 2R3Z-9A758-AA Cobra throttle cable
27.) 3U2Z-14S411-JUA IAT sensor connector
28.) 2R3Z-9H308A-?? Intercooler pipe to heat Exchanger
29.) 2R3Z-6K683A-?? “……………………………………..”
30.) 2R3Z-6K683B-?? “…………………………………….”
31.) 2R3Z-6K683C-?? “…………………………………….”
32.) 2R3Z-6K683D-?? “…………………………………….”
33.) 2R3Z-6K683E-?? “…………………………………….”
34.) 2R3Z-6K683F-?? “…………………………………….”
35.) 2R3Z-6K683G-?? “…………………………………….”
36.) 2R3Z-8501-?? Ford / Bosche water pump for intercooler
37.) 2R3Z-9L440-?? Factory heat exchanger
38.) 2R3Z-8A193-?? Heat exchanger mounting bracket
39.) 2R3Z-6C693-?? 2each bracket clamps
40.) 2R3Z-9H308C --?? Lower manifold to intercooler water adapter
41.) 2R3Z-6F089-?? EGR Valve
42.) 2R3Z- -?? EGR Tube to exhaust manifold
43.) 2R3Z- 8N500-?? Water pump intercooler bracket

1) all intercooler lines and elbows
2) intercooler fluid resevoir
3) heat exchanger and mounting brackets
4) intercooler
5) intercooler pump and mounting bracket
6) intercooler cap(mounts to front of lower intake and has 1 in and 1 out intercooler line)
7) intercooler pump wire pigtail
8) timing cover
9) every single pulley except AC and water pump
10) supercharger pulley bridge that a few idlers mount to
11) both belts
12) lower intake
13) IAC valve(that thing that sits on top of the plenum/elbow)
14) supercharger and plenum
15) alternator and both mounting brackets
16) alternator wire pigtail
17) throttle and cruise cables
18) throttle/cruise cable bracket that mounts on the blower
19) the whole vacuum assembly and the stuff it all plugs into on the driver side of the blower
20) main feed line comming out of PS resevoir(the bigger one going to the pump)
21) return PS line(the other smaller one out of the resevoir) as well as the sections that "T" to right next to the radiator and to the booster
22) pcv valve and hose
23) EGR valve
24) EGR tube
25) oil cooler
26) all of the soft radiator hoses:
a) upper hose going from the crossover tube to the radiator
b) the big long one going from the middle of the crossover directly down and goes into the thermostat
c) lower hose going from lower radiator to t-stat(about 10" long)
d) hose going from oil cooler to t-stat(about 10" long also)
e) smaller diameter hose going from bottom of coolant resevoir to t-stat
----> the last hose (e) may not be needed to swap, but i did anyway
27) coolant crossover tube(hard U-shaped tube going from head to head)
28) fuel rails(i'm not sure if the pressure sensor on the driver side rail is the same, but we swapped that too)
29) boost bypass valve
30) gaskets:
a) intercooler cap(mounts on front of lower intake)
b) plenum to blower(if you get a supercharger with the plenum on already, then you don't need this)
c) throttle body to plenum
d) IAC valve to plenum
e) EGR valve to back of blower
f) timing cover(3 parts to this gasket, and they are all sold separately)
g) supercharger to lower intake(this one can be reused if you can het the original from the guy with the 03)
h) you can also use your original lower intake to head gaskets. you just have to cut off two small tabs(one on each one). you'll see when you try to line them up with the 03/04 lower intake. no big deal at all, takes 3 seconds.

-----> of course you need all of the bolts and nuts for everything, so you'll need to work that out. i got everything (including bolts) from a guy w/ an 03. i still had to make a few trips to the hardware store. for the most part, they are really just regular metric threaded bolts. just make sure to get good grade bolts on parts that may be put under a load.

Last edited:

01 Venom

Established Member
those are two parts lists with the same stuff on it, the bottom one is rios which I like to give because its more Cobra specific as the first one is for a mach 1, and its a bit more user friendly.

tbizzle, lots of people helped me out alot here just returning the favor. I just hate ignorant comments.

DragSN95

Established Member
I guess i dont have the power to PM

this is going to be going into a sn95 so the motor will be built outside of the car until it is ready to drop in!

Are all the small stuff neccessary? none of the misc hoses, brackets, plugs, (numbers 13-28 minus 14 and a couple others) are re-useable from the 01 motor.

keep in mind this is going in a 96 so im going to be swapping alot of parts

should i use an 03 cobra harness or 01?

If you have a great deal of money doing the 03 motor swap is a nice project, but if not forget the whole idea. There really is too much shit to buy. I considered doing the same when I had my 01 Cobra, but I came to my senses and when the Vortech route. Keep it simple.

01 Venom

Established Member
KB is nice, a few guys here run that, but that is mad loot to spend on a awesome blower and put it on a stock internal 01 Motor.

The parts list looks big, but its really not that bad, this stuff is becoming more and more available. Just gotta look.

$4,000 with all my upgraded goodies is what it took to do the swap

DragSN95

Established Member
yea thats what it seemed like when i re-read the list over and over!

i might tackle the swap..

we'll see!

01 Venom

Established Member
well your project has the added complication of going into a different body style, but I still fee youre gonna need most of those small parts as well. All the hoses and brackets all work together to make everything fit. I thought I could get away with out getting some of the small stuff but it just doesnt work.

If you have decent mechanical ability, and a decent set of tools I feel you can do the swap. Even putting it in a new edge took a little creative thinking here and there, so be ready for that.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
I did the swap as well on my '99 cobra. It's really not that bad at all. I'll be helping a buddy do the swap shortly here on an '01 cobra.

The majority of parts are on the engine itself, so the parts list is nearly the same for what you'll need. You're swapping to COP ignition I guess? As far as the wiring harness, go with whichever computer you plan on using as they're not interchangable. And you may have an easier time finding one harness/computer setup over the other.

Last edited:

wallie40

Established Member
AntiHeightPunk said:

Uggh why does everyone say this.......

I did the same setup except forged rods and pistons at the same time, i did 484/460 with 17* of timing with a 2.76 pulley.

My KB 2.4 goes on today.....

To the OP... just take your time. If you are on a budget shop here at SVTP and modularfords, watch eBay for items too. Collect all the parts that you need and ask questions. Nick, Pat or myself are more than happy to answer your questions, after all someone had to answer ours.

-pAul

01 Venom

Established Member
I dont know wallie I would like to see what Mr Know Everything has done to his car, and what experience he has to base his opinion on. I would be willing to bet not much.

wallie40

Established Member
I agree Pat, we will see. BTW not to thread hijack but i got my KB on. I should have it back by thurs with some #'s.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
DragSN95 said:
I guess i dont have the power to PM

this is going to be going into a sn95 so the motor will be built outside of the car until it is ready to drop in!

Are all the small stuff neccessary? none of the misc hoses, brackets, plugs, (numbers 13-28 minus 14 and a couple others) are re-useable from the 01 motor.

keep in mind this is going in a 96 so im going to be swapping alot of parts.
yes, you will need everything on the list. those hoses you are referring to are 03/04 specific. the way they route to the crossover tube, and to the t-stat and oil cooler are different than a NA cobra setup. also, here is a link to my writeup:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=369225

sorry i wasn't on to help out answering questions more the past few days, been busy w/ school. i'll have the next few days pretty easy though....

also, thanks Pat and Paul for swatting that fly away that posted above!

Users who are viewing this thread