i need a complete parts list of 03 parts to cnvert my 01

01 Venom

Established Member
wallie you kept your knock sensors? how?

I grinded mine off, I was able to drive it out of the boost to the shop, but its probably not a good idea.

quikcobra, you need everything on that list

wallie40

Established Member
Hey Pat, i didnt keep my Knock Sensors, i just kept them laying below the lower manifold. But if they arent turned off they will cause the car to have a cow.

01 Venom

Established Member
ahhh ok, ya mine are just laying in there to. Ya you need to turn them off damn blower is so noisy

01 Venom

Established Member
hey Red3, I would have to clasify this job as a notch above weekend warrior projects.
But, for the most part there is no fabrication, I was pretty much a newbie mechanic myself when I started. I did have the help of a friend who does it for a living.

Everything has its place, I got a ford manual to help me with some stuff. I think if you study how everything is setup you can do it. Read over both rios and my posts. It lays it out there for you as to whats involved. I am actually working on coming up with a short version of my thread.

There is alot of parts and things to keep in mind, but I think its doable.

wallie40

Established Member
Red3 said:
venom and rio, how hard is this gonna be for me? i have basic knowledge on how to turn a wrench but not a lot of expierence. i dont know what a good portion of these parts or or what purpose it serves

Even thou my name isnt in there, i will answer.... It isnt that hard at all. Like Pat stated everything has a home, things really only fit one way. I like pat bought a ford manual, huge ass thing. My buddy also dropped off his Termi so i had his parked next to mine for 2 weeks so i could look things over.

Just take your time and ask questions.

01 Venom

Established Member
wallie40 is a good reference also :)

Ya I had my buddies terminator over for a few days also. There are some scary parts but if your careful it will be ok, taking the timing cover is always fun.

wallie40

Established Member
Here is the image of the ford manual. As a (bad) reference i sat my Chihuahua(Her name is Smore), down next to it. She weighs 4.8lbs.

12.jpg

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Red3 said:
venom and rio, how hard is this gonna be for me? i have basic knowledge on how to turn a wrench but not a lot of expierence. i dont know what a good portion of these parts or or what purpose it serves
this sounds like a good oppurtunity for a good friend who is knowledgeable on cars to help you out. having someone there with confidence will help the project go along, and at the same time build your confidence from learning a bit more.

wallie40: i meant to ask, does that KB 2.4 fit underneath the stock 99/01 hood?

01 Venom

Established Member
RIO hit it right on the nose, having my friend there really boosted my confidence and thats all you really need. Because every thing has a home that it bolts to, and you know it works, its been proven to work and work well. All ya need is the confidence to dive into it.

I got the ford manual on DVD, I found it on ebay for $50. It helped alot, I had my laptop out in the garage and we were able to look up all kinds of stuff, like hose routes, torq specs all kinds of fun stuff.

Red3

Established Member
sorry wallie. i think i can do it but i wanna do it in a timely manner. exactly where could i buy this dvd? and thats the thing. a lot of my friends work during the day. i will be off for 20 days straight so i think a lot of it will be alone. i really need to teach my dog to fetch me a beer to make this go faster. well, i got the eaton and a few other parts. soon im gonna be buyin some more of them

01 Venom

Established Member
I found mine on Ebay I am not sure if you can get it anywhere else. I say if you had every single part, and you had all day. A week would be enough for the install, then you need a tune and work out the bugs.

01 Venom

Established Member
nope you wont need a new hood, you will either need to remove your heat blanket or cut holes in spots to make it fit. I say take it out

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
01 Venom said:
nope you wont need a new hood, you will either need to remove your heat blanket or cut holes in spots to make it fit. I say take it out
yup. i started out cutting holes, but it kinda looked tacky. i've since then just removed the whole thing.

Users who are viewing this thread