i need 25 rwhp !!!!!!

A.T

Established Member
show me a set of aftermarket underdrive pulleys

Sorry didn't know that "2011 & up Mustangs, the accessories are electric therefore they don't need under drive pulleys." (coiped from an underdrive pulley youtube video from Steeda).

injfuel

broke parts again
Established Member
Mods

I appreciate all the replies !! And I am with everybody I could put nitrous on the car but it's not just about winning or I would already have done that , I have an e85 tune on the way and I just need to know what the best cold air induction is so I can get that ordered too

DIB5.0

Established Member
I appreciate all the replies !! And I am with everybody I could put nitrous on the car but it's not just about winning or I would already have done that , I have an e85 tune on the way and I just need to know what the best cold air induction is so I can get that ordered too

You are going to get many varied responses on this subject. The majority do not believe a CAI adds anything to track x's. But if you do want to get a CAI you can not go wrong with JLT, Airaid, Steeda, C&L. They all give you the same hp/tq gains. It all depends what one you like the look of better.

D.T.R

Established Member
I wouldn't power shift. ALmost everybody i know that powershift their 5.0 has had transmission issues.

Weight reduction alone should do the trick here..

injfuel

broke parts again
Established Member
Mods

I wouldn't power shift. ALmost everybody i know that powershift their 5.0 has had transmission issues.

Weight reduction alone should do the trick here..

Hey what do you think my gains will be with a good e85 tune and if I don't need the cai I don't want to spend the money on it

Jedisalami

Established Member
Underdrive pulleys help. Also you loose power if you shift too high. If you shift at max horsepower then you'll have the torque of the next gear to keep it going. These 5.0's stock max RPM HP is 6,600. If you go over that point most dyno sheets show inconsistent readings, which hurt you. I'm saying to give a try with a shift point change first to see what happends.

Lol shift at peak hp

DIB5.0

Established Member
Hey what do you think my gains will be with a good e85 tune and if I don't need the cai I don't want to spend the money on it

I seen 10rwhp more than a 93 with E85. So you are looking at 20-25rwhp. VMP has a great E85 tune.

injfuel

broke parts again
Established Member
E85

I seen 10rwhp more than a 93 with E85. So you are looking at 20-25rwhp. VMP has a great E85 tune.

I'm on a 93 tune now , and ken Bjonnes does my tuning , nobody commented whether or not a cai was worth the money ? I guess at this point staying n/a every little bit will help

mhyjek

Established Member
my 2012 5.0 has been running real strong with only a few mods but ive been edged out a couple times lately by a car length or less and wondered what direction i can go to close that gap because i wanna stay N/a for now, my mods right now are lethal performance off road h-pipe, flowmaster axle back, and a Lund/Bjonnes tune , i have a 6m 3.73 brembo car , i shift my car at 7000-7200 with no shifting probles and dont want any so the boss intake probably isnt a good idea

What do you consider real strong? Also I saw someone else mention already but I would lower your shift rpm to 6600-6700 I picked up 2 tenths I have 2013 flowmaster catbacks and airaid intake and tune I run 12.4-12.6 at 114 or so with stock tires. One other thing you could mod that would have you 3 lengths ahead is a set of street slicks. Good luck and beat that Government Motors tax money car!

injfuel

broke parts again
Established Member
Mods

What do you consider real strong? Also I saw someone else mention already but I would lower your shift rpm to 6600-6700 I picked up 2 tenths I have 2013 flowmaster catbacks and airaid intake and tune I run 12.4-12.6 at 114 or so with stock tires. One other thing you could mod that would have you 3 lengths ahead is a set of street slicks. Good luck and beat that Government Motors tax money car!

The ta had fats and skinnies when I raced him not the corvette rims in the picture , the second race was only about half a car , that's real strong to me considering his car is way lighter has mild ported heads ,full exhaust ,a cam , ls6 intake dyno tune and drag radials and skinnies , my car has h-pipe axle back and tune ,also slicks wouldn't help me my car doesn't spin from a 40 roll
9 8 12 - YouTube

Last edited:

mhyjek

Established Member
The ta had fats and skinnies when I raced him not the corvette rims in the picture , the second race was only about half a car , that's real strong to me considering his car is way lighter has mild ported heads ,full exhaust ,a cam , ls6 intake dyno tune and drag radials and skinnies , my car has h-pipe axle back and tune ,also slicks wouldn't help me my car doesn't spin from a 40 roll
9 8 12 - YouTube

I thought you guys where at the track:??: but I would still lower your shift points to 6600 max 6800 let the gears do the work especially the 1st 4 are so close and you have 373 are car flattens out after 6500 and you don't have a boss intake. CAI might help since you are going from a roll and you are not heat soaked like at the track...

Users who are viewing this thread