i need 25 rwhp !!!!!!

injfuel

broke parts again
Established Member
my 2012 5.0 has been running real strong with only a few mods but ive been edged out a couple times lately by a car length or less and wondered what direction i can go to close that gap because i wanna stay N/a for now, my mods right now are lethal performance off road h-pipe, flowmaster axle back, and a Lund/Bjonnes tune , i have a 6m 3.73 brembo car , i shift my car at 7000-7200 with no shifting probles and dont want any so the boss intake probably isnt a good idea

stolher

Live Free
Established Member
Do you have any stickers on your back window? k&n will net you about 30rwhp and a nos sticker is good for at least 50!

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
since you already have the the xpipe/tune the rest of the bolt ons will only be adding a few HP here and there. an air intake, throttle body, resonator deletes, long tubes, are only going to be small gains in HP each. my car picked up 4whp from long tubes vs an off road x pipe but it did also pick up 20wtq in the 2000-4000rpm range.

Boss intake, steeda's boss air intake, e85, and a driveshaft are what i would recommend

fleshmcfilth123

Established Member
Get a dyno tune, port your stock intake or add a boss intake and just keep the rpms around where they are now. Electric water pump, 1 piece driveshaft, some weight delete should make the same difference.

acrbill

Established Member
perfect opportunity to try another tune. I have tried a few and some definitely run harder than others.
E85 is not for everyone for a few reasons. Not wanting a Boss intake is also something I can respect.

JerryC

Established Member
Re-gear to 3.31, the one shift you don't make will probably make up the car length.

I know you said you want to stay NA, but you can spend a lot of money for very little gain going forward from where you are. Weight reduction as in DS, wheels, suspension, seats, etc... can end costing you what what a Centri from Beefcake would cost and only get 1/4 of the results.

RSKtakR

Established Member
O/R pipe, 47lb Ford Racing injectors, E85 and a AED tune with your current mods. You WONT be disappointed. LT's if you want more power after that, but that is an expensive mod, and I dont feel its worth it for the power gain you get vs the $$ you spent. you can gain 20-40whp just from swapping over to E85 (if its available around you of course).

injfuel

broke parts again
Established Member
Mods

Thanks for all the replies guys !!! So far it sounds like e-85 seems like the best bang for the buck , that's what my 03 ran On an I loved it !! Just didn't want to get into changing fuels and stuff but I think it's the smartest move , besides injectors and a tune what else will I need ?

RSKtakR

Established Member
Thanks for all the replies guys !!! So far it sounds like e-85 seems like the best bang for the buck , that's what my 03 ran On an I loved it !! Just didn't want to get into changing fuels and stuff but I think it's the smartest move , besides injectors and a tune what else will I need ?
Nothing, thats all you would need.

BHARRIS

FoMoCo
Established Member
no nitrous is by far the best bang for your buck, even if you run a 50 shot, the TQ increase is a lot better than the HP increase, you will be the one a couple car lengths ahead then!!!

Users who are viewing this thread