i need 25 rwhp !!!!!!

REPCobra10

Established Member
no nitrous is by far the best bang for your buck, even if you run a 50 shot, the TQ increase is a lot better than the HP increase, you will be the one a couple car lengths ahead then!!!

:beer: Hey, OP, this guy speaketh the truth! I know you said that you wanted to stay N/A, but...jus' sayin'!

injfuel

broke parts again
Established Member
mods

guys nitrous is in my plans and i dont want to reveal everything because other people that know me where i live troll this site to find out info about my setups, i want to prove a point to some gm guys and i want to do it without a power adder , im a die hard ford man and always have been and after fords breakthrough with the terminator they finally gave us a n/a car we could put up against the ls1 motors mod for mod ! so thats what im into now just taking a car with bolt-ons and fuel and running with some built ls1 cars

REPCobra10

Established Member
guys nitrous is in my plans and i dont want to reveal everything because other people that know me where i live troll this site to find out info about my setups, i want to prove a point to some gm guys and i want to do it without a power adder , im a die hard ford man and always have been and after fords breakthrough with the terminator they finally gave us a n/a car we could put up against the ls1 motors mod for mod ! so thats what im into now just taking a car with bolt-ons and fuel and running with some built ls1 cars

Hey, you could always do the same H/C/I and full bolt-on's set-up from JPC Racing if you really are that determined to show your LS1 friends what a N/A Coyote can do, but I doubt that you want to spend that kind of coin just to prove a point to them, as you say...

Jedisalami

Established Member
94ba3f58a0b55f7a3e099eae2b696f03_m.jpg

REPCobra10

Established Member
^ above is the best but this kit will work too, will be a good bit nicer to the wallet also

Holley Performance Products Sneeky Pete Hidden Nitrous System*05029NOS
sneaky pete FTW

See below, sir...

i want to prove a point to some gm guys and i want to do it without a power adder , im a die hard ford man and always have been and after fords breakthrough with the terminator they finally gave us a n/a car we could put up against the ls1 motors mod for mod ! so thats what im into now just taking a car with bolt-ons and fuel and running with some built ls1 cars

No nitrous, BHARRIS! OP wants to stay N/A...

Last edited:

acrbill

Established Member
Yeah, say he does spray a 50 shot. His pals will scream it must be a 150 shot. An aluminum driveshaft may be your best bet after you try another tune.

REPCobra10

Established Member
They dont have to know about the N2O ;-)

You're certainly right! We all know that LS1 guys, not necessarily OP's LS1 friends, have been caught many times "cheating" with slick and improvised nitrous systems. So, I see what you're saying; "Why can't we send our guy out there with the same slick and improvised "cheater" nitrous system?" :beer:

A.T

Established Member
Get an intake, underdrive pulleys, tune, and bring down the RPM. Shift at 6,600 RPM. You might want to try the RPM change first, then intake, pulleys, and tune if you still need more. My buddy had a 88 GT that I was racing and a guy told me to change the RPM. That stock 5.0 was better at 5,000 RPM instead of 6,000. 1/4 mile gain was about .3-.5 seconds.

BHARRIS

FoMoCo
Established Member
Get an intake, underdrive pulleys, tune, and bring down the RPM. Shift at 6,600 RPM. You might want to try the RPM change first, then intake, pulleys, and tune if you still need more. My buddy had a 88 GT that I was racing and a guy told me to change the RPM. That stock 5.0 was better at 5,000 RPM instead of 6,000. 1/4 mile gain was about .3-.5 seconds.

underdrive pulleys??? shift at a lower rpm???.... these are not the pushrod 5.0s lol

A.T

Established Member
underdrive pulleys??? shift at a lower rpm???.... these are not the pushrod 5.0s lol

Underdrive pulleys help. Also you loose power if you shift too high. If you shift at max horsepower then you'll have the torque of the next gear to keep it going. These 5.0's stock max RPM HP is 6,600. If you go over that point most dyno sheets show inconsistent readings, which hurt you. I'm saying to give a try with a shift point change first to see what happends.

BHARRIS

FoMoCo
Established Member
Underdrive pulleys help. Also you loose power if you shift too high. If you shift at max horsepower then you'll have the torque of the next gear to keep it going. These 5.0's stock max RPM HP is 6,600. If you go over that point most dyno sheets show inconsistent readings, which hurt you. I'm saying to give a try with a shift point change first to see what happends.

show me a set of aftermarket underdrive pulleys

Users who are viewing this thread