I might be coming to the dark side...

ncarter124

Established Member
Well, I will admit, I have never owned a Ford aside from an LTD I got for free and sold at 15 years old, came out of a Nissan 350z, and am shopping for a BMW 135i. The stupid BMW engineers have been plagued with fuel pump issues since 2008 so I am starting to entertain other options. I just drove a new GT today and wow... what a car!

I am at the stage of heavily considering this car. I just quoted insurance and it's not terrible.

For those of you that obviously know a lot more than me, what would you say are some "must have" options on this car? I'm looking at a 6spd GT Premium.

Thanks in advance.

ncarter124

Established Member
3.73's and Brembo package.

Yeah my salesman had talked me out of the Electronics package and into the Brembos. I still can't get over how quick it was and how NICE it was. It just felt better than I had expected for a Ford. It was just a blast to drive.

ViciousJay

Established Member
bermbos are worthless, if anything just get the premium option, that alone will make you happy, i also know everyones gonna say do a gear but i would wait and do it yourself

03TRKB

The LSX Swapped Guy
Established Member
Just do the brembo and gear pack, then a cai, axleback and tune and your set.

stang910

Established Member
3.73's for sure. Since I have the electronic package on my car, now I wouldn't do without it. I also like the HID headlights better then the regular ones.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
If you are a track day kind of guy(open track) then the Brembos and 3.73s are totally worth it. If you will never turn a wheel at a road race track then you do not need the Brembos because the stock GT brakes kick ass! They just are not really up to the task of repeated 150 to 40 braking over and over and over.

On the street you will likely never miss them.
I'm a track guy so it's a freaking no brainer for me, but you need to figure out what you might use the car for and go from there.

The 14" Brembo front brakes are the real deal, they are a VERY SERIOUS set of binders. I wish I could afford to put them on my 04.

99cobraUgotbit

GT500
Established Member
bermbos are worthless, if anything just get the premium option, that alone will make you happy, i also know everyones gonna say do a gear but i would wait and do it yourself

He always thinks his way is the best. Anyways 1600 for sweet rims badass tires and brembos!!!!! Seriously what a deal.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah my salesman had talked me out of the Electronics package and into the Brembos. I still can't get over how quick it was and how NICE it was. It just felt better than I had expected for a Ford. It was just a blast to drive.

Better than you expected for a ford? It's obvious there are many people out there that think Ford makes lower quality cars and trucks. They have some of the best engineers and many people should test drive more of there new cars just to see what I'm talking about. :poke:

ncarter124

Established Member
Better than you expected for a ford? It's obvious there are many people out there that think Ford makes lower quality cars and trucks. They have some of the best engineers and many people should test drive more of there new cars just to see what I'm talking about. :poke:

I completely agree. I also looked at a Fiesta while waiting for the keys to the GT and that was a nice little car for what it is. Ford has made incredible strides and I think it pays for people to give them a chance like I did today. I've got a fresh opinion of them after driving the GT.:rockon:

1Quick4.6

Established Member
He always thinks his way is the best. Anyways 1600 for sweet rims badass tires and brembos!!!!! Seriously what a deal.

it's because his way is just so "lisp" Vicious "lisp". Factory 3.73s FTMFW. this is a rev happy car they keep it in the power range better

ncarter124

Established Member
6R80 Automatic.

I wish but I just can't drive an automatic. I know it's superior, I know it's faster, but it sanitizes the driving experience for me so I just can't get an automatic. It will be a manual regardless. To each their own with that I guess. I completely see why a lot of guys would go that route, but I'm not one of them.

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member

:shrug: The brembo package includes upgraded wheels and tires as well. I think it's a killer deal IMO... and 395$ for the upgraded 3.73's is still considerably cheaper than doing gears yourself...

ncarter124

Established Member
:shrug: The brembo package includes upgraded wheels and tires as well. I think it's a killer deal IMO... and 395$ for the upgraded 3.73's is still considerably cheaper than doing gears yourself...

Yeah at first I thought $16xx was a rip off, but I didn't realize it came with the wheels too. It's a very good deal IMO.

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
Yeah at first I thought $16xx was a rip off, but I didn't realize it came with the wheels too. It's a very good deal IMO.

Wider wheels and wider stickier tires. My premium 19's are 8.5's with 245 pirelli p-zero nero's. The Brembo package comes with 19x9's with 255 pirelli p-zero performance tires. I looked up the price of the tires that come on the brembo package on tire rack and they are near 400 bucks a tire!

Users who are viewing this thread