I like my pipes polished!

Freakingstang

Established Member
no really, you perverted internet geeks....

Before:

Cobrarear.jpg

After about 10 hours of sanding my fingers down to the bone......

03cobraatsummit002.jpg

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! I feel you on your hands wanting to fall off and die. Your pipes make me miss my bassani pipes, never should have traded them for the SLP:nonono:

Freakingstang

Established Member
NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! I feel you on your hands wanting to fall off and die. Your pipes make me miss my bassani pipes, never should have traded them for the SLP:nonono:

I love the bassanis! This is my 2nd polished set. I just couldn't bring myself to putting the borla's back on. I enjoy being able to think when driving.... Now that these turned out ok, guess it is time to sell the borlas

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I still say I'm surprised no exhaust manufacturer has offered polishing as an option. It is so much nicer looking than a non-polished setup. And in this case the polished steel goes really well with the Sonic Blue paint. Well done! :beer:

Freakingstang

Established Member
thanks guys. this set was harder to do than the borla's I did over the winter. I almost gave up on them and put them on the back burner, but coming back from myrtle beach last week, I wanted to get them on the car before the car went on display at summit.

I had 6 people ask me while loading the car on the table at summit if the tail pipes were chrome'd. I said Yeah, with 2500 grit...lol

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Your before and after is the exact reason why this should be done to all Terminators!! It may be painful, but the result is absolutely awesome.

illescas

Established Member
wow, You would never think that was polished. I know it has been shown here before on another thread but how did you do it? Instructions would be nice. I want to do my exhuast now :rolling:

Freakingstang

Established Member
Lots of sand paper...

Started with a scotchbrite pad on a die grinder to get rid of the crimp marks from the bending when it was manufactured...then

180 grit

220grit

320 grit

500grit

800 grit

1000 grit

1500 grit

2000 grit

2500 grit

Then hit it with a little polish, all my hand.

anyone with a stainless exhuast can do this. I recommend spending as much time as you can with the lower grits to get rid of all the sanding marks. Once you get it really mark free with the 500 grit, the rest goes quick. It sucks having to re-sand an area because there are sanding marks in it, and after 2000 grit, it looks like chrome. I tried a couple air sanding tools, but it just made it worse to try and fix...

moot09

Established Member
Looks awesome! I attempted this but gave up like a little girl. Ran out of sandpaper lol This will something that will be done very soon on my car.

Users who are viewing this thread