I know I will get more than one answer.,, but what is the best home gaming system.,,.

ff500

Established Member
I have both the ps3 and the xbox 360, also have the wii. Xbox and ps3 connected to hi dif tv's, I'd give the pic quality to the xbox. Xbox also has the kinect which is pretty cool, but my choice is the ps3.

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
I'll be the oddball here and say I have a wii and like it. :)

Always been a huge nintendo fan, so I bought it for games like the mario galaxy games and donkey kong country returns. Waiting to buy the next zelda here pretty soon.

It seems like the newer nintendo systems have always had bad 3rd party support when compared to sony and microsoft, but you get awesome games from nintendo itself so I think the trade off is worth it.

Oh and playing old school games on wii like the old 80's double dragon is sweet.

StangmanRob

Established Member
PS3 is all you need!! I use to be a PC gamer but could not upgrade every time a new game comes out and needs a $600 video card and new OS just to play. With PS3 I just get game, insert and enjoy.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
ps3 can connect to my home computers and play and watch files. i like that.

Just a FYI, so can the 360, and it doesnt need you to install a Sony Media Server on your PC to do so, since it uses Windows Media Center as an extender (even though you dont need to use WMC on the 360 to actually view media).

Though I will say that before I was able to watch all movie formats on Vista x64 tied into my 360, now with W7 x64 I have some issues to sort out when it comes to x264/mkv formats, though still unsure if its just because its now on wireless vs hardwired when I was on Vista.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
Just a FYI, so can the 360, and it doesnt need you to install a Sony Media Server on your PC to do so, since it uses Windows Media Center as an extender (even though you dont need to use WMC on the 360 to actually view media).

Though I will say that before I was able to watch all movie formats on Vista x64 tied into my 360, now with W7 x64 I have some issues to sort out when it comes to x264/mkv formats, though still unsure if its just because its now on wireless vs hardwired when I was on Vista.

thats pretty cool. i didnt have to install anything. just enable sharing and poof, works good.

BlueSnake01

Established Member

Never needed to install any Sony crap to use my files. Everything used to pop out in the media server. MKV files stream smooth in 1080P as long as the PC is powerful enough to do it. You been for a while able to use/view files from an SD or USB slot, 360 wasn't able till an update was given the access to this.

Been on my 1st Gen released date PS3 with no problems at all yet..... Both consoles aare very similar, it really goes down to the games/controller with blu ray/better online service.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
The people complaining about fee's shouldnt be purchasing a console in the first place.

I just did 2 yrs for 75$. If 3.13$ a month breaks the bank, you have other things to worry about.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
I am thinking about getting a PS3 myself just for the blu ray player, that would make the difference for me, that and I don't need any warranty issues with red rings. That is why I would choose the PS3 over the xbox.

Anyone know of a cure so I wont get nauseous playing the games. Last gaming system I had was a N64 so its been a while. Damn headaches these new systems create are not fun, sports games don't bother me though.

Users who are viewing this thread