I know I will get more than one answer.,, but what is the best home gaming system.,,.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
Like the title says.,., I am getting a home gaming system for Christmas, but don't know what to get, I presume I'll be playing call of duty type games.,. but I am not a gamer at this point.

My wife lives out of town 4 nights a week now, and instead of watching reruns and and stupid tv, I thought it might be fun to play stupid games.,., hehe :banana: so, she said I should figure out what game system and games I want.,.

so I turn to the only people that I know who are into games.,,.

Thanks

Rob

THE_STIG

Established Member
I own an Xbox 360, but it came free with a tv I bought, I like it, has a decent selection of games, I'm not a crazy gamer, there is my $0.02.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
PC will give you the best experience IMO. The online community might not be as large is console, but with big titles you would never notice. But you also get the best graphics on the market. Consoles are behind by a few years now in video technology.

I have a thread in the FS section of the site for my PC (not trying to get you to buy it) but I have some videos recorded from my rig and you can see the quality of the games.

Last edited:

Ironhand

Banned
Xbox 360 with COD MW3 and Forza 4. Im alittle addicted to both right now.

Also, I had no idea you were the type to play games bro. I figured you spend your free time running.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
PC will give you the best experience IMO. The online community might not be as large is console, but with big titles you would never notice. But you also get the best graphics on the market. Consoles are behind by a few years now in video technology.

I have a thread in the FS section of the site for my PC (not trying to get you to buy it) but I have some videos recorded from my rig and you can see the quality of the games.

But I wanna rock a killer game on the 61" hd :shrug: also, I would think playing with others online would be cool eventually :shrug:

Xbox 360 with COD MW3 and Forza 4. Im alittle addicted to both right now.

Also, I had no idea you were the type to play games bro. I figured you spend your free time running.

I will still be running a few days a week, and then maybe play a game after :beer:

Ironhand

Banned
As long as you have an HDMI cable it will look good on a tv that large. I play on my 46 inch and its very nice quality. You can pick up a chatpad with a microphone and you can talk with your team while you play online. Very nice IMO.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
I had a PS3 and have an Xbox360 and Wii, and I will say the 360. In my experience, it's more user friendly and more reliable as far as internet connectivity go. I only have a 720P TV, so I can't really comment on what is better looking, but they all look good to me.

AKcobra

Established Member
Xbox 360. You have to pay or the online service, but it's a better service in my opinion. Better game selection and more online players. I owned PS3, but sold it because I never played it.

Ironhand

Banned
Xbox 360. You have to pay or the online service, but it's a better service in my opinion. Better game selection and more online players. I owned PS3, but sold it because I never played it.

I think the first month or three is free when you buy an xbox. Also you can go to Walmart and get a 12 month gold membership for 60 IIRC. or you can have it setup to come off your card automatically for 9.99 a month.

I also agree that the service that Microsoft provides is alot better. I know the PS3 network got hacked and went down for a while not to long ago.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
If you can afford a high end gaming PC, and the regular upgrades, it is the best.

If not, PS3 and Xbox360 both have perks. The main ones would be a larger/better community, better motion gaming, and an overall more polished online experience for xbox... and a blu-ray player for the PS3.

I own both and prefer the xbox for gaming. My PS3 doesn't really do anything but play blurays. Graphics for games that are available on both platforms look similar. Some games look a little better on one or the other, but no major differences.

Last edited:

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Just an FYI. All higher end graphics card have HDMI out which allows you to use them on your TV's. When I first built mine I had it hooked up on my 47" inch. While I liked it, there is something better about having a larger monitor right in front of you. It's seems to put you more into the game.

Users who are viewing this thread