I know, i know, just tell me its a scam

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
So I posted an ad to sell a new in the box microwave we never used....I know it's a scam, but can't really figure out what the gain is here, besides an in the box, but old (it sat in the garage at least 5 years) microwave. Why bother??? Here's the e-mail I received regarding the sale:

I was told by my assistant that your item is still for sale ,i would have love to come and see it,but my scheduled is very tight.I will mail out your payment once you provide your full name.phone number and address.I can only pay via money order as am on a business trip now,pls let me know where to send your payment to because i wouldn't want to lose it to some else.I don't mind adding ($20) dollars so you can keep it in my favor,you should get your payment in 7-9 working days i will appreciate if you can get the ad off craigslist so i can be sure you are keeping it in my favor.Please let me know as soon as you receive it so i can start making arrangement for the pick-up.
Thanks

Do scammers really work this hard for a microwave???:shrug::shrug::shrug:

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Probably working for your name, phone number, and address.
The MO will be a fake and he doesn't care about the microwave imo.

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
I e-mailed him back that I didn't want the extra $20 and I'd hold it for him but I ould only take a USPS money order. I haven't heard back from him...I wonder why???:lol1::lol1::lol1:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I e-mailed him back that I didn't want the extra $20 and I'd hold it for him but I ould only take a USPS money order. I haven't heard back from him...I wonder why???:lol1::lol1::lol1:

Now they know it's a good email address, plan on getting a lot more spam.

boatcop1

Established Member
Now they know it's a good email address, plan on getting a lot more spam.

THIS!!

Gotta be smarter than them man! If it walks like a duck, looks like a duck, quacks like a duck its a Motha FN Duck!!

Delete email and move on!!

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
holy god these things are getting seriously ridiculous. yea let me send you more money for a 5 year old microwave just because i like you and i think you deserve it just for selling a microwave, btw my assistant told me about you item so this is 100% truth in everything i'm saying

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
he never mentions the microwave....just a bot cruising and replying to ads with emails in them...

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
lol even better. he wants to over pay for something he doesn't even know what it is

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It's an obvious scam. Good that you picked up on that. I agree with Sid about being careful about responding to emails. I am really careful about this myself, because I know that more often than not your email address is being harvested. Because I am so cautious I get very little spam email now.

Users who are viewing this thread