I keep snapping my clutch cable... pissed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daron

Mean01
Established Member
did you ever fix your problem is I'm experiencing same thing. Breaking at same point.

Jefe

Established Member
If it broke where his did then its the quadrant. Need pics of the quadrant on the pedal assembly to check alignments as well as it removed to check the cable channel for burrs

gnatsumarboc03

Established Member
I have a upr quadrant setup I snapped the cable twice....finally figured out I didnt have it aligned correctly and the design of the quadrant had a screw it which was slowing cutting the cable. My cable snapped in that exact same spot indicating that your cable is getting rubbing on something thats cutting it.

Take the quadrant back off take a picture of the very top of it and post it.

BMR Tech

I have only broken (1) cable, in my life.

It was an adjustable cable, and it was the first one I ever installed / attempted to adjust.

Since then - I have run probably 40+ cables on my many Mustangs, and not seen a failure with OEM or Aftermarket Cables. I have a cable at home I just removed, with 115K miles on it.

I am a very big fan of the quadrant you are using. I use that same quadrant, with their (Steeda) cables, and Fiore Adjusters - religiously.

In your case, I think it may be a combination of clutch cable adjustment/tightness and a worn cable path.

Keep us updated.

BMR Tech

To Add: I am a huge fan of adjustable cables.

I prefer to baseline (initial setting) the cable up, via the cable adjustment...then fine tune with the FW adjuster.

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
I broke mine about this time last year while running a Steeda Quadrant and firewall adjuster with a Spec Stage II Clutch and Pressure Plate.. Immediately after I had a new OEM cable installed, the pedal pressure was super light. The car was dream to drive for about two days and then it tightened back up to the 350 lb. deadlift that it's been since. Every time I pull up to a stoplight, I gingerly push the clutch in expecting to feel the same snap that I felt a year ago...I guess I am jaded and paranoid. In the past month or so, I've felt a little grinding so it may be time for a new cable before I get stranded. I think broken cables are just the price of doing business with super stiff clutches and pressure plates. Thoughts?

nopropslaw

Established Member
Having the same exact issue as you. I feel grinding in the pedal as if the cable is rubbing on something, and the pedal feels incredibly heavy. Unfortunately I don't know anything about taking the cable/quadrant/adjuster apart and checking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread