I just ordered a 2023 Genesis G70 3.3T. I'm psyched!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice Stinger, Neo. Those seats look comfy. Are the floor mats factory? How do you like the Infotainment screen/system on yours? So far, I'm impressed with mine but do like the one that I had on my GV70 a bit more.

95oRANGEcRUSH

Who's that whore?
Established Member
Nice Stinger, Neo. Those seats look comfy. Are the floor mats factory? How do you like the Infotainment screen/system on yours? So far, I'm impressed with mine but do like the one that I had on my GV70 a bit more.
The seats are fantastic; very comfortable and supportive. Just like yours, switching the drive mode to sport causes the upper bolsters to snug into your body.

The floor mats are made by Tuxmat www.tuxmat.com. $200 for a front/rear set w/ free shipping from Canada. I had a front/rear set of Weathertechs in my old Acura which were more utilitarian looking. These are much better as they 1) have higher sides that offer more protection 2) look more premium and 3) have some cushion to them which is a little easier on your feet/heels for long drives. I've included another photo to give you a better idea of just how far up they protect.

No big complaints with my infotainment. CarPlay works great. Occasionally, there may be a slight delay/lag when making selections with the menu system outside of CarPlay, but, given all the issues I read industry-wide about infotainment systems, Kia nailed it.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    434 KB · Views: 88

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Those are nice mats. Definitely nice looking than the Weathertechs which I was never a fan of. For a Jeep or Bronco, great. For performance coupes/sedans or luxury cars, not so much. Those red leather seats look comfy and supportive!

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Hey Bob, what are your thoughts on the 23 now that youve had it for a while, any regrets or issues pop up??? I talked the wife into considering a G70 finally and now she is ready to pull the trigger on a 3.3 AWD Prestige if all goes well.

Have you ever used their "concierge" service at all??? That, availability and the 10 year warranty are what won her over. She has been on the fence with between an RS3 or a JCW Mini of some flavor for a while now. Hoping to get her to a dealer this week.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hi Jay. Absolutely no regrets. I'm loving it. The 3.3T is a great engine and a hoot to drive in Sport Mode. Transmission shifts great and quick. In interior is very nice. The rear seat has minimal seating space without moving the front seats forward a bit. That's no issue for me because 90% of the time it's just my wife and I in the car. The car gets a lot of attention, especially from the front. You probably know that I had a 2019 G70 3.3T Sport Advanced (top model) and loved it. Selling it for the GV70 SUV was a mistake. I'm SO happy to be back in a G70.

I have never used their concierge service on any Genesis vehicle, but that's only because I don't like other people driving it. That service is excellent. At least at my dealership. They're about 15-20 minutes away.

I used to own a 2014 Mini Cooper S (with a tune) and it was fun. But it was small and had nowhere near the power of my G70. On the twisties, the JCW or tuned 'S' (with the manual transmission) would be more fun, of course.

I predict your wife is going to love her G70 test drive. Make sure it's the 3.3T, though, because the 2.0 version is underpowered and boring IMO. Also be sure she drives in Sport Mode. Message me to let me know how the test drive goes.

P.S.- I just got my G70 back from my detailer buddy. He clay barred the entire car and applied ceramic coating to the whole exterior, glass and the wheels. Unfortunately my driveway was torn up this past Monday and I have crushed stone for now. It will be 3-4 weeks before they pave the driveway. And I don't want to drive the car back and forth over the crushed stone because it will make a mess of my poly aspartic garage floor. So for now, it sits in the garage with the cover on. LOL.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks Bob, she is already sold on the 3.3T so no worries there thankfully. After 16 years in her Legacy she is ready to treat herself, plus shes tired of wearing gloves to drive in the winter time after sitting in a garage all night.

As long as she is comfortable and its a good fit for her its pretty much a done deal now, I think seeing a Mallorca Blue is finally what changed her mind to even consider one.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's great. Mallorca Blue is a great color. I almost got that with the 2019 G70, but got the gray that is almost identical to Dark Shadow Gray. LOL. Then with the 2023 G70, I fell in love with the pearl white (Uyuni White). :)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Here's a short video after my buddy finished detailing/ceramic coating my G70. I have another (better) video, detail wise, but YT won't allow my to upload it because it has the 'Stairway To Heaven' soundtrack. Bummer!

Last edited:

TaraFirma

Established Member
Back in the G70, nice. I loved it when I drove one back in 2019. Ended up getting into a Stinger which is essentially the same car same engine, but with a hatch.
The only thing that would make this the perfect sport sedan would be a standard transmission.

TaraFirma

Established Member
One thing always raising my concern is whether or not you know you are in a Hyundai even though it is the high end product.
When you sit in one for the first time, you can't believe you're in a high end hyundai. You forget about all that really shortly after you start driving it. It is a true luxury brand. I would own one without ever thinking twice about it's parent company.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Car looks great in white Bob, cant wait for my wife to decide. Sent all my info to Genesis, surprised my phone hasnt started blowing up already. Glad to hear everyone so far is happy with the quality of these cars, while my wife would never DD a manual car I am real happy that it doesnt use a CVT. I havent driven one yet that I cared for so that is a HUGE plus in my opinion.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Jay, the auto is really nice. Nice, quick shifts. Especially in Sport Mode, which is what I use most of the time. I sacrifice a bit on fuel economy, but I place a premium on driving enjoyment. LOL.

On the other hand, my 2022 GV70 3.5T's transmission was a misery, which is one reason why I switched back to a G70 3.3T. It was very sloppy, loose shifting, even in Sport Mode. Calibrations for shift points were way high in Sport Mode, too. Hated it with a passion. Weird that the calibrations between the G70 and GV70 are so different, especially when you watch their GV70 ad which touts its performance and launch mode.

jshen

Established Member
I switched from G70 to GV70 and it's true the transmission is sloppy. I still haven't figured out the gadgets yet but I hope you have a REPUTABLE dealer as my concierge service absolutely sucks....dealer moved his Genesis dealership 50 miles away and have called Genesis of North America more times than I can count. I live alone and have nobody to rely on. The G70 was quick and fun..but I took a fall down brick steps and off a 14ft ladder...so entry into the car was too painful. Concierge service is limited to two years.

Attachments

• 20211202_142213_resized.jpg
    20211202_142213_resized.jpg
    364.9 KB · Views: 52
  • 20211202_142221_resized.jpg
    20211202_142221_resized.jpg
    363.1 KB · Views: 44

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Jeff, there are a lot of truly great features about the GV70, and for most the looseness of the transmission isn't a deal killer like it was for me. Remember, I came from a G70 Sport and I assumed wrongly that the GV70 Sport would shift pretty much identically to the G70 Sport. I should have expected a difference because most GV70 owners buy it for it extensive and impressive luxury features. It's a vehicle with COMFORT being a top priority. To that end, the GV70 luxury SUV is a success. If they could improve the Sport mode to enable quicker/sharper shifts along with toning down the high RPM shifts under normal driving in Sport mode, IMO it would be a home run. Nonetheless, it's an awesome and beautiful SUV, inside and outside. I just missed the "feel" of a smaller sport sedan and the aforementioned better shifting transmission so going back to the G70, for me, was a no brainer. I'm super happy with my G70, but I do miss some of the GV70 features like the awesome display, massaging seats, increased storage space, easier entry and exit, and better rear seat space.

I'm betting dollars to donuts that you are loving your GV70! (y)

jshen

Established Member
You are right- I love the GV..Had it 14 months yet I've only put 2400 miles on it. There is not another vehicle out there that has the features for anywhere near the price.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
We're about equal, mileage wise. I had my GV70 for almost two years and put just over 5K miles on it. I've had my 2023 G70 for two months and have 325 miles on it. Of course, I fully expect to put more miles on it once we had warmer May weather.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hey Jeff, your GV70 posts got me thinking about the 2025 Genesis GV80 Coupe concept. Have you seen it yet? It's approved for production and expected to come next year as a 2025 model. Aggressive front end and nice looking rear end. Engine option could be the 375hp 3.5 twin turbo, or the 409hp G90 engine. Here's the article and a few photos. I'm really intrigued with what Genesis is doing here.

3842-genesisgv80coupeconceptacceleratesemotionpropelsluxurybrandfurtherintoperformancearena-642b7788187e0.jpg

3844-genesisgv80coupeconceptacceleratesemotionpropelsluxurybrandfurtherintoperformancearena-642b778318e9c.jpg

3853-genesisgv80coupeconceptacceleratesemotionpropelsluxurybrandfurtherintoperformancearena-642b77a6b8574.jpg

95oRANGEcRUSH

Who's that whore?
Established Member
@CobraBob

What ceramic coating did your detailer go with? I have GTechniq Crystal Serum Ultra on my Stinger and cleaning is a breeze.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Insurance quote is nearly double my Raptor for a 6 month policy and almost as much as the full coverage ($877) we carry for the Cobra, Raptor and her Legacy, wtf lol. Wonder if this is due to the Kia/Hyundai thefts all over the place, $635 for 6 months is crazy to me. Still gonna get the car, just some more info for anyone who cares.

*edit
Fixed amounts.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread