I HATE the cluts setup in these cars.

Nuar

Established Member
FORD FAILED miserably in this department with the new stangs...
Everything else is awesome, but this one single thing can ruin the damn car for me... soooo god damn annoying..
That is all.

I have the JHR clutch line that I need to put on, its sad that I need to look to aftermarket to fix something they refuse to acknowledge as a problem... There should have been a recall on this shit a long time ago...:bash::fm::cuss:

Nuar

Established Member
And NO, an auto is not a god damn solution to this issue. I refuse to drive auto in a performance car!

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
I agree with you man, but now that we have discovered this what can be done about It? When i got my Paxton , i replaced my clutch with a spec 2+ clutch kit with billet aluminum flywheel, jpc clutch line, amsoil 75-90 tranny fluid, bullet billet motor mounts, and now the car is the way i should be... Shifts great at any rpm...problem solved!

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
Seriously auto is the only way to go in these cars. I hate my trans and swapping to a Xl won't cure the hatred I have for it. I was stuck in the "real men shift their gears" or "real cars are manual". Piss on that. There is a reason drag cars are auto. They are better

NickSezz

Established Member
People like us will find fault in any vehicle one way or another. Heck, we change out parts that work perfectly fine to ones that look and feel "better" just because it makes us warm and tingly inside and puts smile on our faces.

The good enough may work for 90% of people out there, but not us. That's what makes this hobby and community so great. If there is a way to make something stronger, faster and all around better, we will find it :rockon:

:beer:

implosive

Established Member
OP have you removed the assist spring on the clutch yet? It made all the difference in the world on mine

poof100

Established Member
There is a reason drag cars are auto. They are better

I wouldn't go that far. Liberty or G Force 5 speeds are pretty badass.

Yes, the Magnum XL is expensive, but once you drive it, you will fall in love with a manual again. It's hands down the best shifting manual the Mustang has seen.

Nuar

Established Member
OP have you removed the assist spring on the clutch yet? It made all the difference in the world on mine

Yes, I did remove the assist spring. It did help, but the mushy clutch pedal still is there (though not as bad) when i rev the gears out towards the redline.
Its so damn annoying...
Ill have to change the line and swap the fluid. Hope it helps :(
Soooo damn frustrating... I dont want to change my cluch yet, i only have 13k in miles.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I heard the clutch pedal extension does wonders, I'm thinking of getting it.

I still want to do a clutch line and some amsoil synchromesh, to compliment the mgw.

burke985

Established Member
My cluts has been fine and i may get a new cluts but my clutsy ass is not very cluts when it comes to installing a new clutses.

hand-filer

Established Member
I heard the clutch pedal extension does wonders, I'm thinking of getting it.

I still want to do a clutch line and some amsoil synchromesh, to compliment the mgw.

The clutch pedal extension is the only clutch mod I did. It works great!

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
not sure of the extension mod. I did the assist spring and am eye balling a gt500 pedal assembly.

Black11gt

Established Member
ive done the GT500 pedal assembly, JHR clutch line, mcloed twin disk and MGW.. whenever I hook anything under a 2.0 60ft(Pirellis) I cant grab 2nd at high RPM. go figure.

Last edited:

JOK3R

Established Member
Is there a reason Ford went with the MT-82 instead of just using the T6060 that is already in the GT500?

Dodge and Chevy had no problem slapping it in their pony cars...

Users who are viewing this thread