I HATE the cluts setup in these cars.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Is there a reason Ford went with the MT-82 instead of just using the T6060 that is already in the GT500?

Dodge and Chevy had no problem slapping it in their pony cars...

Yes it came to cost tremec and ford could not come to an agreement.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
FORD FAILED miserably in this department with the new stangs...
Everything else is awesome, but this one single thing can ruin the damn car for me... soooo god damn annoying..
That is all.

I have the JHR clutch line that I need to put on, its sad that I need to look to aftermarket to fix something they refuse to acknowledge as a problem... There should have been a recall on this shit a long time ago...:bash::fm::cuss:

You have 2 options go with the gt500 tranny or the xl. Also its not that ford refuses to see thepproblem its that so many mt82s have been made at a fast rate. There not gonna just throw them away.

corysmach1

Established Member
I agree with you man, but now that we have discovered this what can be done about It? When i got my Paxton , i replaced my clutch with a spec 2+ clutch kit with billet aluminum flywheel, jpc clutch line, amsoil 75-90 tranny fluid, bullet billet motor mounts, and now the car is the way i should be... Shifts great at any rpm...problem solved!

Spec 2+ is a great clutch. I loved it in my 96 cobra. Which aluminum flywheel did you go with and how much lighter is it vs stock?

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
They are referring to this

which really is only helpful in that it changes the angle/length of push required to get the clutch all the way in.

To be fair I am 5'6" and sometimes depending on where I put my seat have trouble getting the clutch all the way in. I have my leg fully extended but the clutch is still an inch off the floor.

So...I guess it could help if your really not getting the clutch all the way in but think you are?

86merc

Established Member
They are referring to this

which really is only helpful in that it changes the angle/length of push required to get the clutch all the way in.

So...I guess it could help if your really not getting the clutch all the way in but think you are?

Fist off it does not change the length of the pedal travel. It just moves the clutch pedal pad closer to the driver. Which is helpful if you have a issue getting the pedal to the floor with your driving position. Which works well.

And I do not doubt a partial clutch pedal travel could be part of the issues people are having. Many people have said all along that many people are not adapting their driving style/habits to suit the car.

I will recommend the pedal extension and clutch lines to anyone with these cars.

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
never had a problem getting into gear at any rpm/beating on it. However after a long drive on the freeway the clutch pedal feels heavy for a few pumps. Any idea why this is????

dead man walkin

Established Member
Why the mt82 you ask? Many years ago ford got into bed with getrag. So when Ford built this car they designed gearing for this motor with getrag and getrag choose their china plant to produce the transmissions.. now before someone spouts off "noo this is a truck transmission or it was in the land rover and ford just bought it and then had the gears replaced with cheese and rice" I want you to show undeniable proof.. dont just spout off rumors you read somewhere

Nuar

Established Member
Quite frankly, i dont care if "Steve" chisled the gears in his friends "Ricks" basement out of clay with a total cost of $20, as long as it works well. But this "Chinese" transmission does NOT work well. Thats the bottom line, and ford knew this since 2011. Its 2013 now and they are still cramming these things into their cars.
Its not unheard of to change things from year to year they have done it before, even with transmissions. So why not now? Its obviously not an isolated incident. Transmissions and their hydraulic clutch setups are having problems all over the country...

Ehh either way, i just wish there was a proven method of getting rid of the high rpm issues without changing transmissions.

Nuar

Established Member
Yeah, there are plenty of cars out there with no issues. Mine is ok overall, just that damn mushy pedal drives me up the wall.
Cant wind it out like I want to :/

D.T.R

Established Member
Problems with the MT82? no way.
Don't go auto, they're boring! ROFL keep throwing mods at the MT82 to try to bandaid it.

Users who are viewing this thread