I hate Rude Cobra Owners.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
My wife and I are driving back from a movie today in the C, when I spy an orange Cobra along side of me at a stop light. It is a guy driving, and his GF or wife. Looked young, so probably GF, But I am told I look 20, and I am 27...anyway. I role down my window, and say "what's up", which I planned on following with a "nice ride you have there". Here is what gets me. When I said "what's up" they both looked at me, and looked at each other and said nothing. Then I heard her say "he's got those clear corner lights that you have". They looked at me again, and said nothing, and drove off. I guess they thought they were special or something. They acted as if I pulled up beside of them in a vette and said "Nice POS you have there". All well, not everyone is friendly I guess.

Last edited:

CobraKindaGuy

Established Member
If someone wants to ignore you or not respond that is there business and perogative to do so. It has nothing to do with the fact they own a Cobra.

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
I know what you mean I was at a cruise night a couple of weeks ago and started talking to a guy that had a very clean DSG 03 Cobra, he was really stuck up and acted like he was doing me some huge faver by even acknowledging the fact that I said he had a nice car......I asked him how he liked his K&N FIPK and he basically just walked off.......Later on he was walking around on the side of the lot I was parked on and started talking to me like I was some long lost friend he hadn't seen in years......Then he says I didn't realize earlier that you had "one" too....I told him I didn't see what differance that made I liked to see all the differant cars, makes and years and that it was cool talking to the owners and learning stuff about differant cars/trucks he just looked at me kinda blankly and walked off....

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Kids have no respect these days..... The way I was raised if someone says hello to you don't turn your head and walk away. I know that is their Prerogative (correct spelling by the way). But the meaning of that word is that they thought they were better than me. And that gave them the right to ignore me. That is the attitude that gets you an ass woopen where I am from as well.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I did smile though when he drove away and my Wife, who by the way knows nothing about cars said, “His exhaust sounded horrible.

charged98cobra

Legal gru
Established Member
Originally posted by Hissman
Kids have no respect these days..... The way I was raised if someone says hello to you don't turn your head and walk away. I know that is their Prerogative (correct spelling by the way). But the meaning of that word is that they thought they were better than me. And that gave them the right to ignore me. That is the attitude that gets you an ass woopen where I am from as well.

With thoes wicked looking black rims that you have they probably thought you were going to try and race them or something.:) I hate when people have to act so C@cky like that:xpl:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
You may be on to something Charged. Or maybe it was the HISSMAN tag on the back that scared him off....HMMMM... Pondering.

waytofastvette

Buh Bye !
You should have ran him:-D I remeber when i owned My 02 GT stang I pulled up to a light and a Old dude in a C4 looks over at me and revs his motor. I said sorry man im driveing a POS. Then i told him i wish i would have never sold my 98 C5 ..... I think i made that guys day :D

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Originally posted by drexebo
hmmm... you're not creepy looking or anything are you? :-D

Other than the fact that I have a third eye in the middle of my head, and a horn..no not really.

94Mustang302

Long Live 302...
Established Member
dude, where ur from sounds way too familiar! and hey, im 17. im not mean like that to ppl. if someone says i have a nice car, i chat w/ em for a min and usually complemnt on thiers too. everyone likes it when someone says they have a nice ride (or at least i do). im usually kinda nice and arent rude to people like some of my kind.

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
I find that the kind of Mustang owners being described are the ones that are driving a Mustang today and then a [insert here] tomorrow. They have no true interests in Mustangs, just when they are the "in" thing to have at the moment and often times the Cobra owners are the worst offenders. The next in line are the upcoming 2005 Mustang GT owners. There will be a bumper crop of jerks come fall.
Now, I am one that usually acknowledges all nice-looking V8 Mustangs with a nod, wave or thumbs up to their owners, plus all SVT owners as well. I have an earnest appreciation for these vehicles but unfortuately I do not always get a mutual response.

Canoodler

I hate speedbumps
Established Member
I did smile though when he drove away and my Wife, who by the way knows nothing about cars said, “His exhaust sounded horrible.

That's all the payback I would ever need :beer:

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Some people get freaked out when a stranger just starts talking to them. That's probably all that happened.

Although, they should have said SOMETHING in response. Oh well.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
I have people all the time asking "is that a new taurus sho?" or "hey nice car is it fast?"

Seriously, I don't want to freaking talk to you. I am driving. I am on my cell phone. I am listening to my CD player. I guess I am rude if I wish to ignore annoying people, but so be it!

Just because I have my windows down in an SVT does not light up a sign that says "hey i need conversation! talk to me please!

Force4.6

Twice Bitten
Established Member
Some people are jerks like that altough I always try to talk to anybody thats says anything to me while I am driving or at least give a thumbs up or something like that. Hell the first week I had been driving the 2004 Cobra another Cobra owner was hanging out his window giving me the thumbs up. I thought it was great!!

Users who are viewing this thread