I hate nissan dealership

ericmuscle

Established Member
So my wife needed a recall done for the front strut tower springs. Dealership couldnt get the top nut off to pop the cover off to remove spring cause nut was rusted. Dealership calls and say i need new struts (fair enough) but they want $400 a pair. And will be $328 labor to install.......i said i can get a whole assembly for $120 a pair. They said they could install them if i bring them in but would still have to charge me labor to install, which makes no sense to me since its a recall job and they would need to remove spring to install their sping, so process is still the same regardless or not if i needed new struts or not......needless to say they where gonaa charge my wife $800 to change out struts.....

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
Nissan won't pay for related damage.. I hated that about Nissan. Ford will pay for anything related damage. I would ask for service manager and complain. Labor should be no charge and make sure the dealership is charging you Msrp and not the bullshit Matrix parts charging.. And Nissan offers a value line brand. Make sure its a value line part and not oem replacement

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Facebook-Hahahaha-dcf423.png

jaxbusa

Established Member
Good grief! Makes me think of every time I go to a Harley dealership. They replaced the faring and headlight assembly on my bike due to damage. I never checked the headlight adjustment until I was riding home at night. This was months later. The headlight was pointing straight down. I took it in for a service and mentioned that the headlight was out of adjustment and ,knowing that the rear air shocks were low, I asked if they could put air in them so the light adjustment would be correct. It takes about 30 seconds to pump it up. Those bastards charged me a 1/4 or 1/2 hour labor for that.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Troponin

Established Member
So what you’re saying is, they have to pull the struts off anyway, so why not have them just replace the struts while they are doing the job, but they want you to pay the full labor cost of doing it? Surely that should be prorated. Sounds like they are pulling a scam.

josephcostello

Established Member
So they tried to pull one on your wife. That's BS. I've had that happen plenty of times with my mom. Go in there tell them you don't appreciate their stingy BS and tell them exactly what they're going to do and you won't settle for less

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
What kind of car is it? Versa? anything related to recall is covered. My dealer covers it if its rusty cause whatever the have to torch off Nissan corporate will cover.

EDIT: I kind of read your post wrong. Did you buy the car at this dealer? In this situation if the car was bought at my dealer we would install the customers supplied shocks. But, if they bought the car elsewhere we would tell them to pound sand.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Did you talk to another Nissan dealership to get another price? Another dealer might not give you the shaft like that.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Nissan dealerships in my experience are the worst. The people that operate them are some of the most unprofessional I have had to deal with. I have had to deal with 4 different ones in my area and only one has been reliable and good to work with so far.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
Their econobox looks damn near the same too.

Guessing Nissan doesn't do a lot in sales, the dealer here is the end of a small strip mall, lol. It is cute their commuter bucket comes in a variety of Easter colors.
As much as I don’t like nissans they are one of the best selling car brands out there right now. My dealership is stupid busy.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Their econobox looks damn near the same too.

Guessing Nissan doesn't do a lot in sales, the dealer here is the end of a small strip mall, lol. It is cute their commuter bucket comes in a variety of Easter colors.

Renault-Nissan is the largest manufacturer in the world at the moment. Nissan sells tons of cars.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Renault-Nissan is the largest manufacturer in the world at the moment. Nissan sells tons of cars.
Here seems to be less. There's one I pass by in another city occasionally that has 1-2 GTR's in the showroom.

I'm dumb, it's the Mitsu dealer in a little strip mall here. Shows how much I pay attention to them.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
Here seems to be less. There's one I pass by in another city occasionally that has 1-2 GTR's in the showroom.

I'm dumb, it's the Mitsu dealer in a little strip mall here. Shows how much I pay attention to them.
My dealer doesn’t even have any GTRs. They all get special ordered. Last time I saw one on the lot was 3 years ago.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Well if you want any idea of how bad one of the Nissan dealers here is, that we used to buy parts from, they rudely turned down two customers of ours that wanted to buy two new GTRs with $85k cash they had on hand to do the deal. The owner of my shop was there and the owner of the Nissan dealer's son was the one they were dealing with. They basically said **** off because the $85k cash wasn't the $90k they had on the sticker. They lost two GTR sales paid in cash that night as well as $400k a year in parts business that never came back to them. We took our business and bought the GTRs from Bellevue Nissan and they have been great all around.

But it isn't uncommon to hear bad things about Nissan dealers. Most people I have talked to have had bad experiences so I just send them to Bellevue Nissan only.

ericmuscle

Established Member
So what you’re saying is, they have to pull the struts off anyway, so why not have them just replace the struts while they are doing the job, but they want you to pay the full labor cost of doing it? Surely that should be prorated. Sounds like they are pulling a scam.
Exactly...he said the strut bracket isnt part of the strut so he would have to charge me 3 hrs of labor to place their new spring on the struts i would provide them with...idiots

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
My dealer doesn’t even have any GTRs. They all get special ordered. Last time I saw one on the lot was 3 years ago.

It's in kind of an uppity area with tons of traffic. So maybe they were customer cars that hadn't been picked up yet, or could have been used. Only thing that's clear from the street is they were GTR's, no idea if it was an 09 or an 18...they're like white people, all look very similar, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread