I hate LIARS!!!!

jasil

Established Member
I would say who cares, but if it bothers you it bothers you.

blk02edge

Established Member
...i would be weary of racing any vipers, because usually people that can afford them can afford whatever mods they want as well, a viper is built for the sole purpose of going fast in a straight line, nothing else.
but your car does look pretty fast, so gl.

LOL @ your comment...

too bad dodge has beaten chevy's zr1 with the ACR in every single performance spec especially handling.

not to bash the corvette, they truly are a beautiful car.

Qwk GT

Established Member
Call him out in front of a group of people, that way it's up to him if he bitches out or not....

+1

and you'll get the kill with a bunch of witnesses. Same thing happened to me with a friends 92 fox vs. my 95. After we went, everyone had this confused look as he told everyone he would kill me.

blwnblk96

Established Member
what a douchebag! I would have to think the vette would throw down on him anyhow, and if not just a little more boost should do the trick!

Last edited:

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
Call him out in front of a group of people, that way it's up to him if he bitches out or not....

I was forced to do exactly this once. Same situation as the OP's, but on a much "smaller" scale HP wise. I had my built/blown GT and this so called friend of mine kept telling people how he walked me in his modded SRT4. I called him out in front of everyone and said lets go run em RIGHT NOW. He obviously knew he was going to lose so he came clean about being a douche and told everyone we never raced. Now we're pretty good buds.

Im the same as you. I wasnt pissed at him really cuz I dont really care if others thought he could outrun me. I did get a little annoyed after about the 12th person came up to me and asked me about our race, and I kept having to say it never happened. Thats when I confronted him.

BLOWNLS3

Established Member
He finally replied to my email and basically said that my friend was lying and that he said that is what he THOUGHT would happen and what his car would run at the track. He also said that the Viper was sleeping already for the winter and he had stored the car this weekend. He also added a slight dig saying maybe I should take my supercharger off and see how well I do. :rollseyes I told him I would be happy to as soon as he shrinks his engine from an 8.4 to a 6.2 :lol: Wonder if he ever heard the term run what you brung? Oh well, maybe next year!!

Last edited:

BLOWNLS3

Established Member
What a tool. He knew the car was charged before right?

Yea he knew because he was trying to tell me it was a waste of money for me and vettes do not respond well to F/I :lol: If I raced him before the blower it would not be much of a race. I trapped 118 stock and I think his car should trap mid to high 120's stock. Low 130's after his mods.

Last edited:

Lowrie

Established Member
I don't think I've ever heard someone say "take off your S/C and we'll run." That's kind of a dumb thing to say. It's not like saying "disconnect your nitrous" or "take off your slicks." That I can understand, but taking off your S/C is both unnecessary and time consuming.

Last edited:

TNTramair

Established Member
thats something common amongst most Viper owners....anyone thats ever been on Viperalley knows first hand. Anyone that doesnt own a Viper is considered a 2nd class citizen in their eyes. should've seen what they said about my "redneck Fbody" lol.

Quik Z06

Established Member
Lol, I had a guy that has a newer Grand Prix with an exhaust (and supposedly runs 10's) say he smashed my FRC I was like wtf, so when did we race? Needless to say he hasn't been out since he said that.

Hissssss

Fox body lover
Established Member
LOL, this is a classic post...who hasn't had this exact thing happen to them if they hang out in the hobby long enough..lol. OP, you have one of the nicest Vetts I have seen on MANY fourums, congrats on a fantastic car, (and I'm not really a Vett guy..lol) As for the Viper guy....come on, he is a sorry ass hater, and is at this very moment in time trying to convince his ol lady to let him spend the cash on a blower for his so he can keep you at bay. Dont forget, that ole Viper is a bit heaver too. I personally think you will kick his ass.
As for the ViperAlley forum comment, ya, I think you hit the nail on the head with that comment, I spend a great deal of time over there doing reasearch because I am planning on picking up an 06 coupe in the next 24 months, (as long as the prices continue to fall...lol) and there are some real strange cats over there. But hey I still love those Vipers.
BLOWNLS3- I would love to have a run with you, although in all reality I think you might pull me with your weight advantage and slight hp advantage, but man would it be a blast.

BLOWNLS3

Established Member
LOL, this is a classic post...who hasn't had this exact thing happen to them if they hang out in the hobby long enough..lol. OP, you have one of the nicest Vetts I have seen on MANY fourums, congrats on a fantastic car, (and I'm not really a Vett guy..lol) As for the Viper guy....come on, he is a sorry ass hater, and is at this very moment in time trying to convince his ol lady to let him spend the cash on a blower for his so he can keep you at bay. Dont forget, that ole Viper is a bit heaver too. I personally think you will kick his ass.
As for the ViperAlley forum comment, ya, I think you hit the nail on the head with that comment, I spend a great deal of time over there doing reasearch because I am planning on picking up an 06 coupe in the next 24 months, (as long as the prices continue to fall...lol) and there are some real strange cats over there. But hey I still love those Vipers.
BLOWNLS3- I would love to have a run with you, although in all reality I think you might pull me with your weight advantage and slight hp advantage, but man would it be a blast.

Thanks very much bro.. I appreciate the compliment and I know exactly what you mean. Win or lose who cares, it should be fun right? Theres always someone faster and you cannot be the "fastest" but you can be one of the fast ones. I can only see your car in the AV pic but a red GT500 with black stripes looks BADASS. Any more pics or info on your car?

I also would love to pick up a nice 06 SRT Viper Coupe and with prices in the low 50's now maybe one day I can. I love many cars and I like to know as much as possible about all sorts of different cars. I never plan to get rid of my car because I always will want a Vette in the stable and I am quite happy with my C6. I hope one day to have a 911 TT next to the Vette in the garage. Congrats on a beautiful ride and I hope you get your Viper one day also. :beer:

Last edited:

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
...i would be weary of racing any vipers, because usually people that can afford them CRASH THEM AND I'M AFRAID THEY'LL HIT MY CAR WHEN THEY WRECK OUT.

^I fixed it for you.

If he wasn't to lie then play his game. Just start spreading rumors about how you nailed his wife...and she was a dead fish.

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
^LOL, sorry I wasn't aware... come to think of it, I don't actually know anyone with a Viper :rolling:

ColeTrain'sC5

Corvette Fan:)
Established Member
LOL @ your comment...

too bad dodge has beaten chevy's zr1 with the ACR in every single performance spec especially handling.

not to bash the corvette, they truly are a beautiful car.

This may be true but it is basically a race car. My cousin owns a '01 Viper Coupe and he's said that they are not good for any sort of DD, and the brakes make the cars squirly when they grab. I've talked with guys that have driven the ZR1 and they say it feels so much like a normal C6 Z06 that it's rediculous. Very docile when DD it. I took my cousin for a ride in the vette and he told me in a straight line we'd be close but he'd MUCH rather have a Vette when it comes to comfort and ease of driving. His Viper, only has like 4k miles on it though and just sit's in the garage alot of the time. they look nice but aren't good for all around use. He just likes it as an attention grabber:D lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread