i got $$$ now i need to know what to buy...

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
ok, i've saved up some cash and im ready to start enjoying my car again.

my front tires are wearing bad on the inside. when i got my last alignment done, the mechanic said he got it as close as he could but my tie rod ends or something was rusted and he couldn't get it any better.

im looking at ordering a steeda bump steer kit, a steeda x2 ball joint kit, polyurethane spring isolators and steeda standard steering rack bushings.

my questions are, is this a good route to go and will it fix my alignment problem? should i get or replace anything else while i have it torn apart? and is it better to get the standard or offset steering rack bushings?

sorry for the long read but im lost when it comes to this stuff and if i dont fix the problems and start enjoying my car again, it might get sold. thanks for the help:beer:

crazycarlo

Established Member
their supposedly better and stronger then the 96-98 ones. Also keep in mind the poly isolators will prob raise ur car a little. So if its lowered and u like how it sits it something to consider.

pacific4v

Established Member
If ur tie rod ends were froze(rusted) to where he couldn't adjust toe, it would wear the whole tire not just the insides. If it's lowered you should probably buy caster/camber played to give the alignment tech more room for adjustment to prevent tire wear on the inside tread of the tire.

Lazered98

PAH!
Established Member
ok, i've saved up some cash and im ready to start enjoying my car again.

my front tires are wearing bad on the inside. when i got my last alignment done, the mechanic said he got it as close as he could but my tie rod ends or something was rusted and he couldn't get it any better.

im looking at ordering a steeda bump steer kit, a steeda x2 ball joint kit, polyurethane spring isolators and steeda standard steering rack bushings.

my questions are, is this a good route to go and will it fix my alignment problem? should i get or replace anything else while i have it torn apart? and is it better to get the standard or offset steering rack bushings?

sorry for the long read but im lost when it comes to this stuff and if i dont fix the problems and start enjoying my car again, it might get sold. thanks for the help:beer:

Do not get offset bushings they are not worth it. You need to get the standard poly ones or even the solid mm ones.

their supposedly better and stronger then the 96-98 ones. Also keep in mind the poly isolators will prob raise ur car a little. So if its lowered and u like how it sits it something to consider.

The a-arms may move the tire forward just a little bit too if I'm thinking correctly. Also on the poly iso's the steeda x2 balljoints will lower the front of the car 1/2" if the provided spacer is not used so it may counteract and sit the same height or maybe a tad lower if you leave out the spacer and run the polys?

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
If ur tie rod ends were froze(rusted) to where he couldn't adjust toe, it would wear the whole tire not just the insides. If it's lowered you should probably buy caster/camber played to give the alignment tech more room for adjustment to prevent tire wear on the inside tread of the tire.

i have cc plates already. my cars lowered but its not slammed to the ground or anything. i was confused when he said he couldn't get it perfect. i did slam into some cinder blocks some asshole kid left in the road and i think it made the tire worse. there both noticably layed over.

Do not get offset bushings they are not worth it. You need to get the standard poly ones or even the solid mm ones.

The a-arms may move the tire forward just a little bit too if I'm thinking correctly. Also on the poly iso's the steeda x2 balljoints will lower the front of the car 1/2" if the provided spacer is not used so it may counteract and sit the same height or maybe a tad lower if you leave out the spacer and run the polys?

do you think the solid mm ones would be better? if not im going to order the standards. i also read that the steeda balljoints will lower it a little so i think ill be good installing the iso's.

Lazered98

PAH!
Established Member
do you think the solid mm ones would be better? if not im going to order the standards. i also read that the steeda balljoints will lower it a little so i think ill be good installing the iso's.

All depends on what you want. I have polys on mine and I like them. They increased the steering response and firm feel. The MM solids will increase the steering response a little more but will also carry more noise since they are solid aluminum.

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
ill go with the standard polys then. i dont need anymore noise and steering response isnt a big deal.

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
yeah, i think im definately going with the poly iso's but im still debating on the bump steer kit. upr makes a cheaper one that looks good too. im honestly lost when it comes to this but i know that my front end is bad. i need someone to educate me in what to get.

deadernie

is my name
Established Member
I'd go with the Steeda X2 balljoints and OEM tie rod ends if they are bad then have it all lined up by somebody that knows their job real well. IMO the bump steer kit isn't worth it for a DD car.

Lazered98

PAH!
Established Member
I have Eibach sportlines with stock isos, Steeda X2 ball joints, poly steering rack bushings, and poly a arm bushings, with stock tie rod ends and mine rides fine with no noticeable bump steer.

Users who are viewing this thread