i got $$$ now i need to know what to buy...

SVTContique

If you are getting an alignment than go ahead and get the bump steer kit and just make the suspension solid so that you wont have to mess with it in the future. Thats my plan... do it once and make sure everything is bang on.

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
what kind of differences will i notice with a bump steer kit over just getting oem replacements? sorry for all the questions but theres a big price difference in the two.

deadernie

is my name
Established Member
Unless you are taking your car to an alignment shop that has a bump steer gauge to properly set it up then the bump steer kit will be wasted $$.

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
As I understand it, the shop needs to know what they are doing to install a bump steer kit - takes quite a bit of time and the right tools.

with that said, I had a suspension spending spree (see sig) and maximum motorsports stated I didn't need a kit.....something to consider

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
cool. i'd rather spend the money on something else if i dont need the kit. it says on americanmuscle.com that i need to purchase a bump steer kit when i purchase the steeda x2 balljoints. i wonder if there just trying to make an extra sale. so my bushing and tie rod ends are pretty much shot. its my daily driver but i like to have fun with it. i want to just purchase what i need for it to be a nice ride again. im getting alot of mixed opinions on here but im finding out alot.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I'd go with termi control arms, MM solid rack bushs, correct length swaybar end links, and oem tierods.

Stay away from offset rack bushs, they are a joke.
The termi arms offer stiffer bushings, stronger balljoints, and 10% better turning radius. They are also easier to install than balljoints. haha

Last edited by a moderator:

Lazered98

PAH!
Established Member
The 03/04 a arms are around $300 now. I got my steeda balljoints, urethane control arm bushings and urethane steering rack bushings for around $150 and paid around $50 for the install of the ball joints and control arm bushings into the a arms.

Last edited:

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
so i basically need to find out the cheaper route. there is a mustang salvage place close to my house. im sure i could pick up the 03 a arms and all for cheap there. there is also an event coming in a few weeks to the atlanta dragway where i know i could pick up everything aftermarket for cheap. ill get some price quotes and that will decide which way i go.

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
i went to the nmra show at commerce ga this weekend and picked up some upr poly spring iso's, poly standard rack bushings and a bump steer kit for $130. im picking up a new set of 03 cobra a-arms this week too for $125. so hopefully i can get it all installed this weekend and get an alignment.

F8L BYT

Established Member
i went to the nmra show at commerce ga this weekend and picked up some upr poly spring iso's, poly standard rack bushings and a bump steer kit for $130. im picking up a new set of 03 cobra a-arms this week too for $125. so hopefully i can get it all installed this weekend and get an alignment.

Nice snag!! :rockon:

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
Nice snag!! :rockon:

yeah i thought so too. the guy that works on my car said the steeda x2s were crap and to go with 03 a-arms instead. a few people told me to go that route anyway so im picking them up soon.

Users who are viewing this thread