I found out what was wrong with my tranny

Ystang99gt

Established Member
Well from my previous post you guys remember that I took my car to the track and unfortunately had to tow it home after only three runs:bash:

On monday i took it to a local ford dealership to warranty whatever broke. Mind you the car has never been on slicks, dr, etc. It has the normal bolt ons and has never been powershifted.

Well i got a call from the service guy today and the output shaft cracked in half. This is the first time i have ever heard of this. The service guy also told me that usually its the halfshafts that break and he has yet to see the output shaft break on a t56. So i see myself getting a new tranny since they don't make parts for the t56:rockon:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That bad news followed by goods news. No.....GREAT news since your mods didn't impact the tranny replacement. You have a great dealer!
:beer:

Ystang99gt

Established Member
Yup its being covered! Today i will find out hopefully when i get the car back. I am already going crazy and it has only been a few days but at least they gave me a good rental, a 2004 ford f150 supercrew but it definitely is not a stang.

I am also trying to see if he can install a new clutch and 26 spline input shaft while hes replacing everything. I am going to have to help him a little on the side but it will be worth my peace of mind.

maddrabitt

Established Member
i somehow broke the input shaft on my tranny (ive only got exhaust and cold air) the dealership replaced mine under warranty. they didnt even care that when i brought it in it had a brand new centerforce dual friction on it with bassani x pipe and tranny in my trunk.

Ystang99gt

Established Member
Cool so they replaced the items for you while you were fixing your car for warranty, Maddrabitt??

Bigg Slimm

Established Member
Im fighting with the dealership now to replace my tranny on a completely STOCK car with 4k miles. Lucky you.

maddrabitt

Established Member
actually when i took it to the shop i brought it in with my x pipe and trans in my trunk. i actually pulled the trans to fix what i thought was a busted clutch. just turned out that the tranny was the problem, but i had already bought the cf, so what the hell. Loaded it up, towed it in, no problems at all. Tuttle-Click ford in so-cal if anyones interested

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
That is the first I have hear of breaking the output shaft. I have heard it is the second weak link after the input shaft, but not that people have broke it. It must have just been defective in your case. :??: At least the dealer is not breaking your balls to fix it.

Ystang99gt

Established Member
They replaced my tranny without any problems at all. My mechanic friend kept me up to date on what was happening and Ford overnighted a transmission immediately.

Bigg Slimm: There is no reason why they will not warranty your transmission on your stock car. make a few friends and find out the real reason. Maybe the dealership is trying to cut cost or trying to figure out some way to take your warranty away. If worse come to worse take it to another dealership and have ford pay for the towing. :)

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Glad things worked out for you!!Just got my car back with a new tranny also. The TOB retainer broke off so they ordered me a new T-56. Im glad they did'nt bust my balls. This is the 3rd tranny in my 03. Black03

Bigg Slimm

Established Member
Your 3rd tranny, DAMN. I can't even get my first one replaced. It's in the warranty system as misuse and abuse so i can't take it to another dealership.

Users who are viewing this thread