I feel obligated to release this info!

TRBO VNM

Dom,

hope everything works out. I didn't read the other thread, but read enough in this one. I sure hope it doesn't happen to me. 2.93 upper and 6# lower. But I have the amazon port, if it really was due to the port on your blower.

good luck.

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
That sucks Dom,

Hopfully there is no motor damage...I find it hard to believe your new combo killed the blower that quick but, we shall see. :shrug:

Dave

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
Originally posted by slythetove
Considering the number of "overspun" Eatons out there not having a problem, I'd wager it's probably more likely something caused by the porting.

Specifically it's my understanding that it's possible to screw up the case and make it too thin / port it too much in the wrong placed and have the rotors contacting the case near the edge of the port.

I'd be interested to see you pull the blower and see if the rotors are rubbing the case.

that happened to mine. the rotors were hitting the bottom of the casing. but that was easily fixed :rockon:

fubu795

Banned
Holy Smokes, sorry to hear the bad news bro. I've actually been driving around with a 2.8 and 6lb lower on for about 1k miles now. No issues as of yet.

Dominick32

BANNED
Originally posted by hj16
Man, that didnt take long did it? How many miles did you have on the 2.93/4lb combo? I could swear you just had it put on maybe 3-5 days ago :shrug:

Thats horrible any way you put it..... hopefully its just the snout that took a dump not the whole blower.
Yes.
I was kinda hiding from the public for a few days and not telling anyone about this until yesterday. The damage actually took place on the night of the install. I had no milage on the combo at all.
Wish me luck.

Dom

Dominick32

BANNED
Originally posted by BoneCrusher
Dom sorry to hear that man, I for one appreciate you posting this and your other threads as well. Sharing this info for us that are still up in the air as to what we want to do with pullies/boost really helps. Thanks for sharing the info I really hope you get this straightened out.

Thanks man.
That really means a lot to me. I try to share all of my experiences and not hold back at all. I want people to have all the information possible when the time comes to modify a vehicle.
Hopefully I will have some pictures of the blower soon enough.

Dom

Dominick32

BANNED
---UPDATE---

I will be taking the car to mustang magic this friday.
The owner Joe is letting me borrow his stock EATON temporarily until I send my blower to Ken @ Apten to diagnose.

I will have the camera ready to take some pics Friday when the blower comes off.

I will also be removing the 4# lower setup and going back to the stock tune and stock upper pulley.

This is gonna be weird. lol

Thanks for everyones help and support at a time like this.

Dom

MikeW

Established Member
Originally posted by wjmorgan
I know someone who is selling a stock eaton, never pullied, with 3k miles on it for less then $400, PM me if you need a temporary replacement and I will put you in touch.

If Dom dont want it I will give it a good home:D

Users who are viewing this thread