I don't know what to say.....

predator

Established Member
I think everyone knows the project I had going with the car. Some of you saw it in person. For the past two years building my dream car with every detail in mind. I finally got the new engine in it this past April and was steady working on it to complete the installation. I had not posted any progress with hopes of starting it on Memorial weekend and showing up at the MACA GTG. Jon Lund was working with me to get past some tuning issues and get it dialed in. I felt I was on the verge of finally getting it on the road.

Last night about 11PM I was awaken by frantic banging on my front door from someone passing down my street. To make a long painful story short.......the car is gone. The garage burned with everything inside. I am very grateful it was noticed and my family was able to get out safe. That aside, I am totally numbed by the loss. I did my garage myself and just finished that this past year. The time, the blood, the sweat spent on the car can't be measured. I have no idea at this point what the next step will be until the adjusters and I get together. I guess crying could be an option....and I may just go ahead and do that at some point.

I don't know what else to say...... :(

Last edited:

04yellowcobra

Established Member
dang man sorry to hear about that, glad you and your family are OK. Cars and material things can be replaced. And you can't take that stuff with you when you move on from this world.

TRBO VNM

Dave,

I am still saddened by this and hope you are going to pull through. It is unforunate and wish you the best to get through it. Like I said, if you need a hand with something I can shoot down there any evening.

I just saw that I missed your call a 1am, sorry. I am shocked you called considering the circumstances.

go try and get some sleep and let me know about the insurance.

Jason

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
thats a bummer, i hope you get it all figured out with the adjusters, and maybe some stuff get salvaged.

cory

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Holy crap, not sure what to say other then I'm very, very sorry to hear about this and glad nobody was hurt.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Wow Dave......Unbelievable! We all feel how devastating this must be for you. Hang in there buddy and let us know how we can help.

predator

Established Member
Thanks guys.....appreciate all the encouragement. :beer: Maybe after a few days and some sleep my perspective will be better. I had to farm the kids and dogs out to the neighbors last night and go get the wife from the hospital. She was feeling some "ill" effects and they decided to take her in to get checked out. By the time I got home it was 0430.

Jason.....yep, I called about 0100 to see if you wanted to come over and do some car detailing. :thumbsup: Geez, I really need some humor. :( The fire dept was hosing down the inside of the garage one last time and tearing down the ceiling to insure all the hot spots were out. It was more depressing as I watched.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
OMG dude, that sucks:(. Do they have any idea what started the fire? Was the garage detached? How much damage was done to the rest of the house? I hope not much....I had a friend who's house burnt to the ground a couple of years ago, terrible experience that I wouldn't wish on anyone.

Good luck...

booricua

A JODER
Established Member
DAVE I AM NUMBED, I tell you is always the decent folks that get hit with misfortunes,I am speechless WOW where do I start %$$%&^^%*&(^&^*%$. OK I am sure you and your Family have endured more hardships than this ... altough unfortunate, I am glad to hear you significant others are safe , Hope for quick recovery on you wifes well being. The car can get replaced man hopefully you kept records in the house where the documents and recipts are not destroy. Hell even the garage can get done or replaced. I am very sorry of this event and If I could assist on anything this week let me know I am on leave right now and I dont fly out for Korea until Sunday.

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
.....Oh ... my...god... thats what I said outloud when I started reading your post bro. I dont think ive met ya b4 (dont think you were at the july g2g not sure and MACA is to huge to rem everyone you meet) but my heart sunk when I finished reading your post. I know what its like to wait for a car for 2 years I did the same I cant even fathom what it would be like to lose it in one swoop just like you did. Just remember that while you mighta lost your car it can be replaced. Your wife and kids cannot and neither can your life. My prayers go out to you and your family my MACA brother.

God bless you

Oh and if we ever meet each other ill buy ya a couple :beer: 's

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
IronTerp said:
Wow Dave......Unbelievable! We all feel how devastating this must be for you. Hang in there buddy and let us know how we can help.

+1. I am terribly sorry for your loss. Just glad no one was seriously injured. Hang in there man.

F8LBITEva

Alexis Texas' #1 fan
Established Member
sorry to hear it man, I know how attatched we get to these cars, like said before material stuff can be replaced but there is no insurance on your life and the lives of you family. good luck buddy.

predator

Established Member
Again.....thanks for all the encouraging words guys. The wife and family are fine. Just a little tired. Fortunately the house was only invaded by some smoke. The fire companies who responded did a great job insuring the fire stayed in the garage. The garage is attached. Hard to tell at this point where exactly it started, but it looks like something shorted around the passenger side of the engine compartment in the car.

I am definitely up for a couple right now. :beer: Everytime I walk around in the garage I 'm up for a couple more. :(

Luis.....I was really looking forward to giving you a ride so you would have something to remember while in Korea. :banana:

I would take some pics, but the camera was in the garage too. I was taking pics so I could post up and give everyone the news when it was running.

You are right Tommy......I guess I got really attached to this car and let go all the stops when I let this project evolve. Guess we will just have to see what happens in the next couple of days.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
holy moly! :nonono: I don't even have words for this, Dave! :( I'm just glad that you and your family are ok.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Wow, so sorry to hear about this. With all that has been posted this car was truly going to be the most amazing Terminator ever. I'm glad that your family is ok and your home is intact. My best to you and your family. I'm sure that many good things are in your horizon.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Damn....that sucks but, the fact that you are all safe is the most important part. I know no amount of money can replace the car but, alas it is a car and lives are more important. Get some rest and take care of the business you need too. Once that is resolved..if you still want you can get another Cobra...and start over...again dude sorry to hear about that..I know it is hard to even comprehend at this point.

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member
DAMN..DAMN...DAMN...that wasn't what I was hoping to read! That's some tough shyt to have happen and deal with, but thank GOD for that person banging on your door !!

Hang in there buddy!

Users who are viewing this thread