I don't know what to say.....

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Dave:

I am really sorry to hear of your misfortune! :( You are very lucky you were warned so you could get yourself and your family out safely.

Material things can be replaced but family can't. I know you have a lot of sweat equity in this project and there is nothing that can replace that. It's very unfortunate.

I wish you the best and hope the insurance company does right by you and you can come to a settlement you can both live with.

Please keep us posted! Best of luck to you!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Very sorry to hear about the loss of your car and garage. It's like a double whammy. Got any pics of the project in progress, so we can remember 'er?

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Dave I'm dumb-founded. After all that work that you put into that vehicle and your garage, for it to be set on fire is absolutely appalling. I know you must feel sick physically and emotionally. I am very, very sorry to hear this. You can't put a price on something that you've spent so much of your time on.

The positives are the lack of damage to the house (I'm assuming) and the lack of injury to you or your family. It could always have been worse (not that what happened is good or better).

I sincerely hope that you are able to rectify this with the adjusters and they do right by you. I know we'll see you with another Terminator and a nice new garage sometime not too long from now.

Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help, Dave.

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Dave, my friend, so fortunate that you and the family are well. I am very sorry your car and garage are at a loss. You are a good person and things like this should not happen to anyone, let alone people like you.

We had a house fire in 1995. Lost EVERYTHING. We had each other, though. Caitlin was 1 month old and Denice was just graduating from college. It was a crazy time, but all worked out in the end.

Word of advice. Start inventorying/ writing down everything that was in the garage, date of purchase and cost of item.

We had FULL replacement value, as you may also, BUT, on a major loss, every item claimed on the loss must be documented, valued and aged. Then, a figure will be put to paper, then a depreciation factor built in, and replacement cost figured.

Being that your garage was attached, there may not be a limit, ie.., 10% of the max of your policy, as an outbuilding/ detached garage would be. Hope this is the case for you.

If there is a limit and you exceed that in your loss, the difference between the max payout and your total loss can be written off your income at the end of the year up to $25,000.00. We exceeded our coverage, and I was able to do this. Helped in getting a considerable amount more back in tax refund.

Hope all stays well. We insist in helping with ANYTHING you need,

J.R and Denice.

Karnick_GT

Working on my tan...
Established Member
It is always sad to hear about someone's misfortunes, at least no one was injured. Things can always be replaced, people can't

DonkeyTuna

Idn't dat sump'n!
Established Member
You don't know what to say, so say nothing, just breathe. Feel fortunate you have access to the fire departments we have and the ability to rebuild. I too had a house fire in 1993 and lost almost everything. I understand what you are going through. I didn't sleep for like 2 weeks as I was busy salvaging odds and ends.

Every gray cloud has a silver lining, yours is you and your family are ok.

When its time to rebuild either the garage or the car in it, just PM me and I'll make time to come by and help as I'm sure every MACA member would do the same.

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
Dave,
I saw your original post a few days ago and have been numb ever since. I did not post a response as I am at a loss for words. Having been to your house and seen you car and the progress that you made, my heart goes out to you and your family. I am truely greatful that you were fortunate enough to have a passerby notice the fire in time for you and your family to get to safety. As has been stated numerous times already by other members, if you need anything, and I mean anything, please reach out to me and the club for assistance.

Sempre Fi
Todd

predator

Established Member
Thanks again everyone for all the encouragement. I am home again today just shuffling through the mess. Good chance that the entire garage will need to be gutted and redone. Not by me this time! Although that may be an option....ummm.....check that. LOL, I want to use it this year!

JR....thanks for the insight and the info. I see there are a few of us who have been through something like this before. I am sure it will be a learning experience as I find out the "fine letter" of my home and auto policy. You think you know until it comes time to execute. I will definately pass along what I find out as things progress.

When I can I will probably have a fire sale of a sort. BTW Jason......I still have my stock TB and plenum if you are still looking. :-D

Users who are viewing this thread