I am in a really bad situation.....

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
boner said:
LOL, whatever man. you argue too well for me to keep up. LOL. let me ask you this. if a 40 yr old man did the same thing in a cruiser, do you think he wouldve gotten pulled over? and if he did get pulled over, do you think this cop would have written him a ticket if everything checked out and he was respectful to LEO?..... or do you think the LEO wouldve just said dont do that again?
You really want to sit here and speculate about what the officer would have done?

The difference is the 40 year old man more likely wouldn't have broken any laws, and there wouldn't be an issue. Had he done the same thing though, I think the outcome would still be the same as the OP. It's not like officers look the other way when older people break laws... They too get tickets, they just drive like they're supposed to more of the time. As the younger generation gets older, they'll realize this.

bonehead

F**k SRT10's
Established Member
jesus. let me try this. you can get away with more in a car thats not publically known as "fast". ive proven this many times in my DD. i get pulled over all the time in my toys because the cops know im guilty of something, they just didnt see me do it. so, they pull me over, just to make sure everythings clean and to let me know theyre watching me. and i put up with it, because i do drive fast in these things, and im willing to except that as part of the hobby. i dont get pulled over at all in my DD and i speed quite frequently. and i'll say it again, he does deserve a ticket, as he broke the law.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
They must really be watching for you then. Because I've had more tickets in my daily driver 4 cyl cars than I have in my fast cars.

bonehead

F**k SRT10's
Established Member
19COBRA93 said:
They must really be watching for you then. Because I've had more tickets in my daily driver 4 cyl cars than I have in my fast cars.

well, tucsons not very big, and yes they know who i am. but, as soon as start rolling a new toy that they havent seen, theyre all over me. same with anybody here. like i said, they no im up to no go good, but hey just didnt catch me. LOL. if i was in this kids situation, i prolly wouldve done the same thing without thinking twice tho. i feel sorry for him, because ive been down the road hes travelling, but its his fault. as far as you or i getting caught speeding, i guess it just sometimes depends on the situation. if i were a L.E.O, i would be more prompt to pull over or give a ticket to some kid in a fast car then i would somebody older going about his buisness, that was my point i guess..... not that your guys' points were not valid ones.

97SilverGS-T

Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
I love how people here think it has to do with the looks of their car.

oh but it does svt, you told me that if an LEO has reasonable doubt about a vehicle he/she see's, he has every right to pull them over to investigate even if nothing wrong has been done.

But in this case, he was speeding and got caught. So yes, he deserved the ticket. Whether or not he would have been seen if in another car who knows...

But you cannot say that him driving a nice rumble cobra didn't attract attention to be seen speeding...

If I align 4 colors in front of you:

brown, black, florescent pink , and navy blue

which color would stand out to you most?

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
You're turning this into more than it is...

It's not about the color of the car as you're saying, it's not about the kind of car as has been said, it's about the "fact" of him speeding and he got a ticket for it.

There is nothing else to it. Had he not been speeding this whole thread wouldn't even exist.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
boner said:
LOL, whatever man. you argue too well for me to keep up. LOL. let me ask you this. if a 40 yr old man did the same thing in a cruiser, do you think he wouldve gotten pulled over? and if he did get pulled over, do you think this cop would have written him a ticket if everything checked out and he was respectful to LEO?..... or do you think the LEO wouldve just said dont do that again?

Same circumstances, same attitude, different car = same result.

FordSVTFan

Established Member
97SilverGS-T said:
oh but it does svt, you told me that if an LEO has reasonable doubt about a vehicle he/she see's, he has every right to pull them over to investigate even if nothing wrong has been done.

If you must paraphrase my statements please do so accurately. If an officer has a legitimate reason to pull someone over an investigation will ensue. A stop will not be made legitimately without a reason (suspicion of a crime, BOLO, warrant, traffic violation, inspection code violation, etc.)

97SilverGS-T said:
But in this case, he was speeding and got caught. So yes, he deserved the ticket. Whether or not he would have been seen if in another car who knows...But you cannot say that him driving a nice rumble cobra didn't attract attention to be seen speeding...

I can say, typically the violation is noted first and then the type of car is noted second.

97SilverGS-T said:
If I align 4 colors in front of you: brown, black, florescent pink , and navy blue

which color would stand out to you most?

The one breaking the law!!!

97SilverGS-T

Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
If you must paraphrase my statements please do so accurately. If an officer has a legitimate reason to pull someone over an investigation will ensue. A stop will not be made legitimately without a reason (suspicion of a crime, BOLO, warrant, traffic violation, inspection code violation, etc.)

I can say, typically the violation is noted first and then the type of car is noted second.

But you said an LEO doesn't need a reason if he/she has probable cause.

or is that incorrect?

not arguing, just trying to better understand reasoning :thumbsup:

Sonic 4.6, you seriously need to be more aware of cops on the road. I can understand the whole 'youthful indiscretion' with the first license suspension. But as you get a bit older and start to rack up points you seriously need to wise up. Esepcially when you get one ticket away from a 3 year suspension. Man, Nebraska is pretty strict with the driving infractions.

FordSVTFan

Established Member
97SilverGS-T said:
But you said an LEO doesn't need a reason if he/she has probable cause.

or is that incorrect?

not arguing, just trying to better understand reasoning :thumbsup:

Probable Cause denotes a reason.

Neutrinodl18

Established Member
I feel smarter just reading the responses lol. I don't want to argue with anyone but I have been pulled over many times for no reason because I am young and driving something that I couldn't afford if I was a packer at h.e.b. and everytime let go free because I did nothing wrong. To say what you are driving has nothing to do with anything is a little impossible to say because the cop might be having a bad day or something.

Neutrinodl18 said:
I feel smarter just reading the responses lol. I don't want to argue with anyone but I have been pulled over many times for no reason because I am young and driving something that I couldn't afford if I was a packer at h.e.b. and everytime let go free because I did nothing wrong. To say what you are driving has nothing to do with anything is a little impossible to say because the cop might be having a bad day or something.

Yea whatever bud. I'm sure every time you've been pulled over you were doing the posted speed limit and properly signaling and didn't have anything on the exterior of the car that is illegal. Yeaaaaaaaa. I'm sure of...

DC97Cobra

Established Member
I gotta say that the OP was lucky to receive just a speeding ticket. I think he could have received a couple more tickets on top of that.. Failure to Yield and Carless/Reckless Driving if the truck driver reacted to his action. With beiing 3 points away from a 2nd suspension, he should have been driving like a grandma in a Cadillac. Sounds like it is time to move close to school/work and get a skateboard. Good luck and be more wise about your actions.

I've been in a few situations where it was better to speed up instead of slowing down to merge into traffic. The reasons I usually speed up is if I end up noticing a car in my blind spot when towards the end of the ramp, traffic is heavy behind the car I would be yielding to, traffic on the ramp behind me is heavy and following too close for comfort(I usually consider too close when a cars headlights can be seen underneath the wing of the Cobra), and how the traffic pattern typically is at the onramp and highway that I would be merging at.

oh yeah.. and for those that didn't notice, he was in a Ford Taurus and not the Cobra. He was singled out becasue he screwed up.

Last edited:

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
To be honest, I truly think that what you drive really has alot to do with being pulled over. I've done 55 in a 50 through town right by a cop in my dad's truck and wasn't pulled over. But then I was doin 25 in a 30 by the exact same cop and he tailed me for 4 blocks in my accord coupe (it looked sportier than the stang) before pulling me over for my plate light being out (it wasn't). Didn't give me a ticket or anything, but it definetley made a difference that I was in the car not a truck or none sporty looking vehicle.

To say that a teenager in a sporty vehicle has no determination on a LEO's suspicions doesn't seem to be held up in my experience. I've always driven cars and I've been pulled over 4 times, twice for being about 5 over, and twice because the LEO's were suspicious of me (the earlier example of the plate light, as well as a blinker violation). All cool cops, only had 1 ticket. But then I've ridden with friends in their trucks that were doing the exact same thing right by the exact same cops I did but have never been pulled over. So I think the vechicle and the driver has some sway on an officer's mind.

Was that the case here? I don't know that so I can't pass judgement, that's just been my experience.

Last edited:

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
DC97Cobra said:
oh yeah.. and for those that didn't notice, he was in a Ford Taurus and not the Cobra. He was singled out becasue he screwed up.
I missed that part as a lot of others did too I'm sure.

A Taurus! Singled out? NOPE!

Users who are viewing this thread