I am in a really bad situation.....

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
fearmenot said:
What you just quoted was all circumstantial. The only thing that is factual is a ticket from an officer who made a weak judgement call. What I see is that the OP pulled ahead to merge in a 55 mph zone. Him going 66 was prudent and not excessive. Who had the right of way looks to me like the OP. Just because he wasn't fully ahead doesn't mean he had to yield. If anything the truck should have yielded and didn't. Where you got dangerous from I have no clue. It looked like a situation where the OP accelerated to avoid any trouble. Now to any of you who thinks going 66 in 55 is dangerous than come down to AZ and switch all the cameras on our freeways off for they are set for 10 over. Evidently they don't think 10 over is excessive. I see that a ticket should of never been issued. Speed isn't dangerous only the driver who doesn't respect it. The OP ended up succumbing to his own past is the only reason this thread came about and that does not make him wrong here.
Are you retarded? 66 in a 55 is speeding plain and simple. The OP is merging, and yields to the truck, simple there too. I'm sure there are plenty of AZ residents who can show you a ticket for speeding 10 over, so that's a bunch of BS on your part too. Good luck next time you get pulled over when, in your opinion, you were "prudent and not excessive".

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
What is amazing is that he is making all of his statements based on ONE side of the arguement and then bashing the LEOs for going off the evidence that the ONE side of the argument himself provided

Groovyash

Established Member
fearmenot said:
Who had the right of way looks to me like the OP.
WRONG
fearmenot said:
Just because he wasn't fully ahead doesn't mean he had to yield.
WRONG
fearmenot said:
If anything the truck should have yielded and didn't.
WRONG
fearmenot said:
It looked like a situation where the OP accelerated to avoid any trouble.

It looked like a situation where the OP was failing to yield the right of way, and instead he chose to accelerate around the vehicle which had the right of way. The right thing to do would have been to brake, and allow the vehicle with the right of way to pass. If he could not brake safely then he was not in control of his vehicle as you may be required to reasonably slow your vehicle at any speed.

fearmenot said:
I see that a ticket should of never been issued.
Should is subjective, legally the ticket is valid and is objectively reasonable based on the OPs statement of events.
fearmenot said:
The OP ended up succumbing to his own past is the only reason this thread came about and that does not make him wrong here.
No, you are correct, being wrong made him wrong here.

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
fearmenot said:
What you just quoted was all circumstantial. The only thing that is factual is a ticket from an officer who made a weak judgement call. What I see is that the OP pulled ahead to merge in a 55 mph zone. Him going 66 was prudent and not excessive. Who had the right of way looks to me like the OP. Just because he wasn't fully ahead doesn't mean he had to yield. If anything the truck should have yielded and didn't. Where you got dangerous from I have no clue. It looked like a situation where the OP accelerated to avoid any trouble. Now to any of you who thinks going 66 in 55 is dangerous than come down to AZ and switch all the cameras on our freeways off for they are set for 10 over. Evidently they don't think 10 over is excessive. I see that a ticket should of never been issued. Speed isn't dangerous only the driver who doesn't respect it. The OP ended up succumbing to his own past is the only reason this thread came about and that does not make him wrong here.

I just want to welcome you to svtp.com. We've banned all the other mentally challenged people as of late & I'm looking forward to laughing at you more often in the near future. A better impersonation of a one legged man in an ass kicking contest I have never seen so please, by all means keep arguing your point. Ignorance is on your side & you can do it!

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
fearmenot said:
This is well where I will start my disdain just for the reason that the officer showed poor attitude when he pulled the OP over. That in itself is a start of poor or lack thereof judgement on the officers part.

your stating that whenever an officer makes a traffic stop he/she has used a lack of judgement?:shrug:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Well ya'll will have to admit ... "fearmenot" is aptly named .. only thing to fear from him is his ignorance

albino96

White is the fastst color
Established Member
fivepointno said:
get 4.30 gears that way you have 2 go the speed limit hahaah

LOL. My 4.10's actually do keep me at the speed limit cuz I don't feel like spinning 3k rpm for 100 miles every day.

ImShakn

Established Member
19COBRA93 said:
The law states, that merging traffic yields (slows) to existing traffic. Pretty cut and dry.
I was with you until you said this. The legal definition of yield (at least in VA) is to give way. There is no requirement of slowing or braking, however there is a requirement that it is safe to proceed.

Had the OP been able accelerate to the speed limit and safely merge, then he would not have had a problem. Since he chose to exceed the speed limit, he was rightfully charged.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
Yeah, I probably worded that wrong. I think I meant to say that generally slowing is the safer way to merge since you should be at freeway speed, the speed limit, at the time of merging. So the only legal way to merge would be to slow a bit, as opposed to speeding up and breaking the speed limit.

mrose75

Established Member
B.L.U.F. He exceded the posted speed limit, which he says was 55MPH. He said he was doing 66MPH. He got a SPEEDING ticket. He probably could've gotten a ticket for failing to yeild, but he didn't. He probably could have been ticketed for speeding on the entry ramp as those speeds are usually lower than highway speeds. The officer may have already clocked the truck and known his speed when he saw the OP going past him. There are a lot of things that could have happened. A freaking UFO could've landed in the middle of the highway and little green men got out, but it didn't. He got a ticket for speeding, which he was doing. Point blank. Sux that they are taking your license for 3 years, hope you get out of that somehow. Good luck.

bonehead

F**k SRT10's
Established Member
wow, just checked this thread out. some decent arguments here. did this kid deserve this ticket?.... i dunno. if his story is true, then he is entitled to a ticket. but, if a 40yr old man did the same thing in a buick century, would he have gotten pulled over? prolly not. this is the price we pay for driving our loud, flashy toys. if you cant afford or handle the harrassment, then you should find another daily driver, or get rid of the ol "hot rod". my .02

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
boner said:
wow, just checked this thread out. some decent arguments here. did this kid deserve this ticket?.... i dunno. if his story is true, then he is entitled to a ticket. but, if a 40yr old man did the same thing in a buick century, would he have gotten pulled over? prolly not. this is the price we pay for driving our loud, flashy toys. if you cant afford or handle the harrassment, then you should find another daily driver, or get rid of the ol "hot rod". my .02

I love how people here think it has to do with the looks of their car. Most police dont know the difference between a Cobra and and a V6 Stang. I drive a bright red C6 and in the 14 months I have owned it, I have never been pulled over. The C6 is a lot more inviting and an attention getter, over a mustang. The difference must be the driver.

bonehead

F**k SRT10's
Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
I love how people here think it has to do with the looks of their car. Most police dont know the difference between a Cobra and and a V6 Stang. I drive a bright red C6 and in the 14 months I have owned it, I have never been pulled over. The C6 is a lot more inviting and an attention getter, over a mustang. The difference must be the driver.

well, whatever, im just saying he wouldve less cahnce of getting pulled over if he was in a different car. youre right, most cops cant tell the difference between mustangs, but they know its a mustang and mustangs are supposed to be fast in the eyes of the public. and i hate to say it, but you and your corvette catch every eyes of every cop you drive by.

FordSVTFan

Established Member
So if "me and my Corvette catch every eyes of every cop I drive by" than why havent I been stopped, followed or had the experiences of some of the mustang drivers here? Could it be the way I drive? I think so.

bonehead

F**k SRT10's
Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
So if "me and my Corvette catch every eyes of every cop I drive by" than why havent I been stopped, followed or had the experiences of some of the mustang drivers here? Could it be the way I drive? I think so.

i completely agree. if you re read my post, i said he deserves a ticket. i also said that if getting pulled over is a problem, then you shouldnt be driving a car that will tempt you to lay into it. im not arguing with you here, im just saying being young and in a mustang didnt increase his chances any.

FordSVTFan

Established Member
boner said:
i completely agree. if you re read my post, i said he deserves a ticket. i also said that if getting pulled over is a problem, then you shouldnt be driving a car that will tempt you to lay into it. im not arguing with you here, im just saying being young and in a mustang didnt increase his chances any.

I agree with you that he deserved the ticket. I also agree that being young and in a mustang played little to no role in this situaiton.

This is the statement I dont agree with
boner said:
well, whatever, im just saying he wouldve less chance of getting pulled over if he was in a different car

The car didnt make the difference, it was all driver error.

bonehead

F**k SRT10's
Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
I agree with you that he deserved the ticket. I also agree that being young and in a mustang played little to no role in this situaiton.

This is the statement I dont agree with

The car didnt make the difference, it was all driver error.

LOL, whatever man. you argue too well for me to keep up. LOL. let me ask you this. if a 40 yr old man did the same thing in a cruiser, do you think he wouldve gotten pulled over? and if he did get pulled over, do you think this cop would have written him a ticket if everything checked out and he was respectful to LEO?..... or do you think the LEO wouldve just said dont do that again?

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
The only reason he was pulled over was because he was speeding. He could have been in a camo sprint and still would have been pulled over.

I've been pulled over a million times in my past mustangs, but it was because I was being stupid, not because of the car.

I haven't even been pulled over once in my '03. I drive like I'm supposed to now. Funny how that worked out.

Users who are viewing this thread