I am in a really bad situation.....

sonic_4.6

Cobra Commander
Established Member
So due to a very stupid situation, I am looking at 3 years no license.

Last month I was entering onto the interstate, and right where the 2-lane would end I had looked over and noticed that there was a truck pretty much right next to me. I threw it down a gear and sped up so he wouldn’t have to nail his brakes. The zone I entered on the interstate was 55mph, and I entered at 66mph, and then slowed back down to the speed limit once I was clear. As soon as I started slowing down, a Trooper came hauling ass up on my car and pulled me over. He then had a total asshole attitude, and told me that my actions just cost me a couple hundred bucks. Gee…. Ya think?!?! Now I knew that I only had a few points left to give, but thought I would be ok so I just went ahead and paid the ticket. Well, yesterday I just got a letter in the mail that states that I have lost my license for 3 years. It is 3 years because I lost my license back when I was 18, and the law states that you will loose it for 3 years if you are a 2-time offender within 5 years.

Now that I’m pretty much screwed for 3 years, I went ahead and requested to withdraw my plea of guilty so I can fight this ticket. The lawyer fees are going to leave a mark, but I have no other choice. The really shitty part about this whole deal is that every ticket on my record was caused by little speeding here and there while I was just going with the flow of traffic, and picked out of the crowd. I just wanted to throw that out there before you flame my driving habits, because I actually haven’t been picked up for anything serious or stupid driving in over 5 years. All but one of those on my record is for 10mph or under….

Pretty shitty deal, huh. Here is a picture describing what exactly happened:
dumbcop.gif

jshen

Established Member
sonic_4.6 said:
So due to a very stupid situation, I am looking at 3 years no license.

thought I would be ok so I just went ahead and paid the ticket. Well, yesterday I just got a letter in the mail that states that I have lost my license for 3 years. .

Now that I’m pretty much screwed for 3 years, I went ahead and requested to withdraw my plea of guilty so I can fight this ticket.

Has an attorney told you that you can withdraw your plea...after paying the fine and getting notice of suspension? What is the time lapse here?

traktrbeam

Oh Noes!
Established Member
Premium Member
You weren't picked out of a crowd...you are driving a friggin' Cobra. Cop + Cobra = Target.

sonic_4.6

Cobra Commander
Established Member
Ya, I’ve actually withdrawn a plea of guilty a few years ago over a ticket so I could take a class for it. I won’t find out when the court date is till I get a letter in the mail. I think it took a week or so before I get a letter the last time. I’m sure it will be a good month and a half before I will see a courtroom.

Mac25

Established Member
First off, you need to make sure that you can change your plea as Jshen stated.

Basically, if you are able to fight this ticket, the only way you can keep your license is to beat the ticket or have the judge do a with-hold of the points. From your statements about your record, you will be at the judge's mercy. Most of the time with a record of speeding they do not do a with-hold. Your best bet is to talk with your lawyer.

Last edited:

sonic_4.6

Cobra Commander
Established Member
traktrbeam said:
You weren't picked out of a crowd...you are driving a friggin' Cobra. Cop + Cobra = Target.

Lol, VERY true. That is the story behind my other tickets, but this last one was actually with my SHO. Ford haters! :dw:

sonic_4.6

Cobra Commander
Established Member
Mac25 said:
First off, you need to make sure that you can change your plea as Jshen stated.

Basically, if you are able to fight this ticket, the only way you can keep your license is to beat the ticket or have the judge do a with-hold of the points. From your statements about your record, you will be at the judge's mercy. Most of the time with a record of speeding they do not do a with-hold. Your best bet is to talk with your lawyer.

Ya, good point man. I posted this story to vent more then anything I guess. I hope the judge realizes that I am already going without a license till it is settled in court, along with lawyer fees. Lol, that is punishment enough. Oh, on top of that, I am listing my Cobra for sale next week to pay for lawyer fees. This is just killing me left and right! :cryying:

mysticalsnake

Established Member
speeding "with the flow of traffic" is the exact reason i no longer drive a red car any more lol. the same has happened to me before and i accepted it and knew it was b/c i am much easier from further down the road. i guess it doesn't help much that i drive around a mystic now...oh well, i just make sure i set my cruise control ON the speed limit or at the most a needle width over b/c i know the speedo's are rated to read about 2 under what your speedo shows

vulk

Established Member
I think you should show that pic in your signature to the Judge lol. No dont do that, but I would definately fight the ticket.. The way you described it seems like you did the right thing rather than having the truck lock up his trailer. You can debate it either way, which means tell your lawyer to keep re- scheduling the court date until he gets either a Judge he knows, or an "easy" Judge. Any who, best of luck to you man, Im sorry about your Cobra :(

Juruense

Banned
Based on the description you provided, you indeed got a raw deal. Sorry to hear about your bad luck especially the part about possibly losing your license for such a minor incident.

NOXCUSES

Z0SICK
Established Member
How did the cop even clock you? If you did what it shows, I dont see how he could have clocked you.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
NOXCUSES said:
How did the cop even clock you? If you did what it shows, I dont see how he could have clocked you.

They don't have to clock you.

Cops themselves are walking, talking, shitting speed measuring machines...

jimljr145

Jimljr145
Established Member
The radar unit in my car locks on to the faster moving vehicle, and it seems to me more than obvious which one that was. Many years ago, the older technology would have locked on to the larger truck, but that is not the case anymore. Good luck in fighting your ticket.

Users who are viewing this thread