Hpipe Resonator Delete
VMP Apex Predator Lid
VMP Apex Street core
2.65 Griptech upper
ID1300s
JLT intake
KONG 108mm TB.
Toyo 888Rs

A slight issue I’m having is that… I’m in Colorado.

Tuner here is telling me I don’t need the injectors. Which is probably accurate since it’s like a 21% power drop versus sea level. Not as much air, don’t need as much fuel…

No clue where it’ll be. But I enjoy the tinkering and making things go faster.
That might change...

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
She bit me. We’re blood bros now.

Image1679690559.691626.jpg

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Current Mod list as of right now:

Shiftek O/R midpipes
Hpipe Resonator Delete
VMP Apex Predator Lid
VMP Apex Street core
2.65 Griptech upper
ID1300s
JLT intake
KONG 108mm TB.
Toyo 888Rs

Tuner here is telling me I don’t need the injectors. Which is probably accurate since it’s like a 21% power drop versus sea level. Not as much air, don’t need as much fuel…

When are you going to do the driver mod? That's where most the speed will be.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Current Mod list as of right now:

Shiftek O/R midpipes
Hpipe Resonator Delete
VMP Apex Predator Lid
VMP Apex Street core
2.65 Griptech upper
ID1300s
JLT intake
KONG 108mm TB.
Toyo 888Rs

1300s are no harder to tun than 1050's. They drive just as nice also.

Do not go down on injector... always better to give yourself room to grow when a few years from now you realize turbos are the way. :)

Tezz500

Established Member

Do not go down on injector... always better to give yourself room to grow when a few years from now you realize turbos are the way. :)

Definitely not going down. Haven’t slapped them in yet but it’s killing me to leave stock injectors in knowing I’m gonna need these down the road…

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member

Depends on the tooonah….some of these so called pRofEsSiOnAl ToOoNaHs couldn’t tooon a lawnmowah… though the nice thing about ID injectors is they give you all the injector data needed to tune.

Last edited:

Tezz500

Established Member
Depends on the tooonah….some of these so called pRofEsSiOnAl ToOoNaHs couldn’t tooon a lawnmowah… though the nice thing about ID injectors is there give you all the injector data needed to tune.

I need to buy an old shitbox GT and give tuning it a go. I’m terrified of sending a piston to Pluto trying to do this one myself.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I need to buy an old shitbox GT and give tuning it a go. I’m terrified of sending a piston to Pluto trying to do this one myself.
I tuned my heads, cam, intake 99 SS with hptuners, had the help of a buddy that tunes and has built some 1,500hp+ monsters…Though the risk is a lot lower on an NA Ls motor car…. I haven’t attempted to tune my coyote 14 or TT redsport, will probably keep paying for tunes on those..

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member

sound advice. it sucks having to swap to a bigger injector when you could have done it up front.

Tezz500

Established Member
sound advice. it sucks having to swap to a bigger injector when you could have done it up front.

Working with Fore and my tuner to get the fuel system swapped from a 13/14 to a 2020 GT500 version so I’ll have that ready to get when I decide to do the blower swap.

But they are moving their shop to a new location and time is somewhat of the essence for me. Regardless, big things down the line.

Just trying to figure it all out without spending money twice.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Working with Fore and my tuner to get the fuel system swapped from a 13/14 to a 2020 GT500 version so I’ll have that ready to get when I decide to do the blower swap.

But they are moving their shop to a new location and time is somewhat of the essence for me. Regardless, big things down the line.

Just trying to figure it all out without spending money twice.

Are you going with a 3.8 eventually? AFAIK stock fuel system is is fine for ported stock. My tuner told me that you do not even need a BAP.

Tezz500

Established Member
Are you going with a 3.8 eventually? AFAIK stock fuel system is is fine for ported stock. My tuner told me that you do not even need a BAP.
Im waiting to see what VMP comes out with before I pull the trigger. I know they have something in the works with the 3100 rotor pack.

I think Im going to do that or the whipple rather than the port job. Im really not sure yet.

Users who are viewing this thread