Hybrid Mustang coming sooner than later

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
What's special is that they brought it to production.

I wonder how big and heavy the mustang hybrid will be... I would love to see a trend in cars getting smaller and lighter. That's the recipe for efficiency, not bigger and heavier. Bring the mustang back to the size of a fox body, keep the power it has now and I will get excited.

Not going to happen. The Focus weighs more than a Foxbody did so what do you think your chances are of getting the Mustang to sub 3k lbs?

08mojo

Established Member
Not going to happen. The Focus weighs more than a Foxbody did so what do you think your chances are of getting the Mustang to sub 3k lbs?

Is there a choice that is less than slim to none?

Foxbodys were not sub 3k lbs, but they were a reasonable weight at roughly 3,200 lbs. I don't think it is that far off to get a new, production mustang back to sub 3,500lbs...but it would need to shrink in its dimensions.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Is there a choice that is less than slim to none?

Foxbodys were not sub 3k lbs, but they were a reasonable weight at roughly 3,200 lbs. I don't think it is that far off to get a new, production mustang back to sub 3,500lbs...but it would need to shrink in its dimensions.

You're still dreaming. How much does a 911 or a Corvette weigh? The Focus comes in at as much as 3400lbs by the way.

08mojo

Established Member
You're still dreaming. How much does a 911 or a Corvette weigh? The Focus comes in at as much as 3400lbs by the way.

Um yea...that's why I stated the chance of it happening is less than slim to none...I don't know how to make that any clearer. It's a wish/dream of mine that i don't think is going to happen any time soon, if ever.

But, since you asked:
  • C7 corvette 3,350lbs
  • Porsche 911 3,285

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Eh, a hybrid Mustang will likely be at the power level the current base mustang comes in at. Dont expect much more than that.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Um yea...that's why I stated the chance of it happening is less than slim to none...I don't know how to make that any clearer. It's a wish/dream of mine that i don't think is going to happen any time soon, if ever.

But, since you asked:
  • C7 corvette 3,350lbs
  • Porsche 911 3,285

Sorry, I missed the first line in your last post.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Just means the true V8 RWD cars are going to become more valuable. People took it for granted the the V8 RWD days were forever, but they aren't. Eventually the plethora supply will dry up, and if you want one it'll take some digging to find one. It takes manufacturers to make new ones to populate the junkyards as the old stuff is sucked up and out.

Look at foxes, not that common to find them in boneyards. 10 years ago they were everywhere and easy to find. Now, not so much. SN95's/New Edges are starting to get harder to find in the boneyards now. 05-09's are dime a dozen. 5.0 cars get bought up like catfish LS camaros for the drivetrains..

Eventually V8 mustangs won't be common place in cheap accessible places.

Users who are viewing this thread