Hybrid Mustang coming sooner than later

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
It's bound to happen at some point so I'm sort of excited to see the performance results of the new powertrain since they have made it pretty clear that it will not work simply for economy. It's better that Ford gets ahead of the pack on this.

https://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-to-launch-mustang-hybrid-in-2020-100345.html

mustang_1050.jpg

The company hopes the electrified Mustang will help further 'unlock' overseas markets such as China and Europe.
Ford is apparently fast-tracking development of a hybrid Mustang, one of 13 new electrified vehicles promised by 2021.

The Mustang recently staked its claim as the best-selling global sports coupe for the third year in a row. Adding a turbocharged, fuel-sipping EcoBoost configuration has apparently helped boost sales in overseas markets.

First confirmed early last year, the hybrid Mustang is said to be on target for a 2020 debut, according to a Detroit Bureau interview with Ford marketing manager Corey Holter.

"A hybrid Mustang will help further unlock Mustang's potential in some of those markets," he added.

Additional details are being kept under wraps for now. The company has promised its electrified Mustang will not be solely focused on fuel efficiency, however, with "V8 power" and "even more low-end torque."

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
As long as we still have a V8 gas engine in it, I welcome more power via electric help.
it will not likely have a V8. "V8 power" does not equal V8 engine. My bet it will be a 6 cyl hybrid with some kind of boost.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
as long as it sounds like a v8 and feels like a v8 then I don't care what they do to it.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
This is exciting news TBH. The Lexus GS450h is a goddamned rocketship. In sport mode those things pull and pull and pull. V6 gas engine rated at like 300hp to boot.

A performance oriented Hybrid powertrain with the Ecoboost 4 cyl could be super potent package.

Give it a V8 engine and watch the F out...

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member

What's so special about the ZR1 doing 215mph? I has potentially 800+hp on a good day and is relatively light. It's not an easy feat but it is not like it is unheard of in this day and age with sports cars and supercars, and besides, the ZR1's top speed is the least important aspect of its overall performance. The Mustang going hybrid is probably the single largest evolution of the vehicle in decades.

Never_Enough

Established Member

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Lol hahahaha I expect nothing less from Ford at this point. Hope there is a V8 option

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

08mojo

Established Member
What's so special about the ZR1 doing 215mph? I has potentially 800+hp on a good day and is relatively light. It's not an easy feat but it is not like it is unheard of in this day and age with sports cars and supercars, and besides, the ZR1's top speed is the least important aspect of its overall performance. The Mustang going hybrid is probably the single largest evolution of the vehicle in decades.

What's special is that they brought it to production.

I wonder how big and heavy the mustang hybrid will be... I would love to see a trend in cars getting smaller and lighter. That's the recipe for efficiency, not bigger and heavier. Bring the mustang back to the size of a fox body, keep the power it has now and I will get excited.

Users who are viewing this thread