Hurst shifter

Ryan427

Established Member
So they not make a hurst short throw shifter for the t-56 in the cobra? I had one in my t-45 and loved it

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If you really want a Hurst shifter for your T-56, yes, it's available. I think you'll like this one with the signature Hurst chrome stick and white shifter ball. Hurst Shifter at CJ Pony Parts

Last edited:

Ryan427

Established Member
Thanks guys, the chrome shaft with hurst up the side and a white ball is a must. Will have to get one prefer after I pick up my new to me cobra on Tuesday!

Ryan427

Established Member
What is so bad about the hurst shifter compared to the MGM? I hate the factory shifter boot and don't you have to use that with the MGM?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I'm pretty sure the Husrt uses the factory boot too. The MGW simply produces the best feeling shifts out there and is adjustable and tunable with their new modular handle system.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The MGW is the king of shifters IMO. But there are those who just prefer other brands. Everyone has their personal preference. There are also those who love the Hurst chrome shaft and ball combo. I wouldn't personally choose a shifter for the look of the shaft (since much of the shaft is covered by the boot anyway, but I know there are those who do just that.

BLACKSN8KE1988

Established Member
I had both started with the MGW got the Hurst as a gift both with bobs gaskets which i highley recommend and i gave it a month went back to MGW and never looked backed shifting feeling is different.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If people like the chrome Hurst handle, they can, of course, use it with any shifter except the MGW.

Users who are viewing this thread