Hurricane Florence

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I no longer have a home but family is ok , Shelby survived (not that a car matters) , House is un liveable, I’m a deputy sheriff and I’ve been at work since last Wednesday. First hand experience with other first responders from around the state and other states coming in to help is eye opening. Haven’t had cell service but Verizon brought in a mobile cell boost tower. National guard, Army, and coast guard is all here, Red Cross and FEMA, and the Salvation Army.

People ask me how can I be out 20 hours a day helping rescue people trapped on roofs knowing my house is messed up. I just tell them it’s my job but also I like helping others.

When Hurricane Florence first hit and the floods started I probably slept 3 hours out of 48 hours.
It breaks my heart to hear stories like this.

sent from a non multiquoting device at svtperformance.com mobile app

SHOdown220

Established Member
I no longer have a home but family is ok , Shelby survived (not that a car matters) , House is un liveable, I’m a deputy sheriff and I’ve been at work since last Wednesday. First hand experience with other first responders from around the state and other states coming in to help is eye opening. Haven’t had cell service but Verizon brought in a mobile cell boost tower. National guard, Army, and coast guard is all here, Red Cross and FEMA, and the Salvation Army.

People ask me how can I be out 20 hours a day helping rescue people trapped on roofs knowing my house is messed up. I just tell them it’s my job but also I like helping others.

When Hurricane Florence first hit and the floods started I probably slept 3 hours out of 48 hours.

So sorry to hear this, but I'm glad your family is safe. I had a customer up here with a GT350 said he was from new bern and had evacuated. You and other first responders really deserve a big thank you from everyone

ram150

USMC veteran
Established Member
Wind tear off the shingles? That was a major problem here when we had our big one 14 years ago. The older roofs counldn't handle the 140 mph wind, peeled the shingles off and in came the rain.

Wind tore off the shingles and the siding and exposed the plywood to the side of the house and water seeped through and the shingles we’re tore off the roof and soaked plywood then eventually plywood have in and in came the ceiling.

Users who are viewing this thread