Hurricane Florence

SHOdown220

Established Member
Looking like a major storm heading this way. Hope you guys at the coast make it out ok and hope your property stays safe. I'm just north of Charlotte and already see the stores selling out of water and gas stations selling out of fuel in the smaller towns, can't imagine how everyone is reacting near the coast. Good luck everyone!

CV355

_
Established Member
The coast is being evacuated in both SC and NC.

I'm in the Upstate, expecting the get whacked by the arm on Thursday/Friday. We just got our house fixed after 6 months of dealing with water damage- if Florence re-damages it, I'll be a very unhappy individual.

Side note: Is it just me, or does every hurricane name sound re-used from the recent years? I'm predicting the next one is Jason or Joyce.

wowsers

Established Member
I’m on the Virginia coastline, and we’re not supposed to get the brunt of it . I’ve been through quite a few over the past 30 years, but I’m worried about this one. Im praying for everyone in its path. Flooding is going to be bad because of how much rain we’ve gotten this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

coposrv

Established Member
Looks like everyone there for mustang week was there just in time. Hoping everyone stays safe there.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Hopefully this season isn't as destructive as last year.

Sucks it's projected to be a major storm at impact.

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
I’m on the Virginia coastline, and we’re not supposed to get the brunt of it . I’ve been through quite a few over the past 30 years, but I’m worried about this one. Im praying for everyone in its path. Flooding is going to be bad because of how much rain we’ve gotten this summer.

This, we've had a lot of rain this summer and my little town had record rain last week, lots of bridges and roads washed out. I have standing water on parts of my property that I have never seen before.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm praying that this major hurricane somehow changes course or doesn't stall as predicted on land fall. Up to 3' of rain in some area is no joke. Be safe everyone!!

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
GFS Model - Tropical Tidbits

GFS run basically has it pulling a Harvey and sitting along the coast for a bit.

Go deeper: Hurricane Florence is a storm threat unlike any other

nland flooding: An anomalously strong area of high pressure stretching out to the storm's north, over the western Atlantic, is what is forcing the storm to turn west, into the U.S. The same high pressure area is forecast to cause the hurricane to cross the coast and hit the brakes, to devastating effect.

• Florence will be carrying a huge amount of water vapor, lapped up from unusually mild Atlantic Ocean waters.
  • As we saw with Hurricane Harvey in 2017, stalled hurricanes and tropical storms can turn entire cities into inland oceans. Climate change has raised the odds of such torrential rainstorms as well.
  • Computer models are vacillating on which areas will get the most rain, but maximum rainfall amounts above 30 inches are possible — and this swath of flooding could stretch toward or over the Washington, D.C area as well.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
We had a family vacation planned for myrtle beach arriving on thurs this week. Apparently even during a state ordered mandatory evacuation you still can't get your hotel deposit back. I dont see how thats legal but it is.

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
GFS Model - Tropical Tidbits

GFS run basically has it pulling a Harvey and sitting along the coast for a bit.

Go deeper: Hurricane Florence is a storm threat unlike any other

nland flooding: An anomalously strong area of high pressure stretching out to the storm's north, over the western Atlantic, is what is forcing the storm to turn west, into the U.S. The same high pressure area is forecast to cause the hurricane to cross the coast and hit the brakes, to devastating effect.

• Florence will be carrying a huge amount of water vapor, lapped up from unusually mild Atlantic Ocean waters.
  • As we saw with Hurricane Harvey in 2017, stalled hurricanes and tropical storms can turn entire cities into inland oceans. Climate change has raised the odds of such torrential rainstorms as well.
  • Computer models are vacillating on which areas will get the most rain, but maximum rainfall amounts above 30 inches are possible — and this swath of flooding could stretch toward or over the Washington, D.C area as well.

+65,000 on Tropical Tidbits good site for info/model runs.
We're watching Isaac down here

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
+65,000 on Tropical Tidbits good site for info/model runs.
We're watching Isaac down here

Yup. Still far out for Isaac, but the runs are starting to be all over the place, especially the GFS run from 00 to 06. Shifted the middle of the run from out to ocean to the panhandle/west FL.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
I'm in Charleston.

We all know our luck with Storms.

Sticking around, battening the hatches. Seeing how we do. Stayed thru Irma. My parents have stayed thru Hugo on up. I'd rather be here if a problem arises with the house to catch it.

Zemedici

Established Member
We had a family vacation planned for myrtle beach arriving on thurs this week. Apparently even during a state ordered mandatory evacuation you still can't get your hotel deposit back. I dont see how thats legal but it is.

Wow and they wouldn’t let you reschedule?

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm in Charleston.

Sticking around, battening the hatches. Seeing how we do. Stayed thru Irma. My parents have stayed thru Hugo on up. I'd rather be here if a problem arises with the house to catch it.
Are you in an evacuation zone?

Tx5811

Veni, vidi, vici
Established Member
I'm in Charleston.

Dude you need to leave ASAP bro

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
I'm in Charleston.

probably not a good idea, if it intensifies to a CAT 5 that is super dangerous. Some of the helicopter footage from katrina you couldnt tell if you were looking at hiromshima or NOLA.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread