Huff...Here goes..

Maynor

Established Member
Congrats and a wise move with the sorted out Miata. With that pending sale... are those dampers/coil-overs going with the car or can I talk you out of them? :)

I keed, I keed. Congrats selling it. Especially in this market!

TroyV

Brakes only slow you down
Established Member
Sorry, the coil overs are going with the car. It sold mainly because the price was right.....and the blue cars are popular.

TroyV

Established Member
Just looking at Carbotech XP10/XP8 pads for this thing.... 106 bucks for the front set..

I think I'm going to like the economics of this car.

TroyV

Established Member
Sorry. I'm just trying to make myself feel better about buying a weed whacker powered car.

breakaway500

horsepower junkie
Established Member
Nothing wrong with weed wacker powered vehicles! Most of mine are..of course with a little extra!

Welcome to the wonderful world of light cars.(Carbotech brakes are great!)

You gonna stomp on the go pedal and wonder where all those horses ran off to though...:)

Last edited:

TroyV

Established Member
We'll see what happens Mark. I don't see myself getting away from your Focus at Tremblant....at least not like the Cobra could anyway. Lucky for me, I'm moving to group 2 with all the other N/A four bangers. :)

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
So are all the parts going with the car? So much stuff on there that I want and most of it I can't afford right now lol. How about the brakes?

TroyV

Established Member
The car is being delivered on Saturday to its new owner. All the trick parts are going with it. I put a few miles on it last sunday to make sure everything was working as it should. ....man that car is fast.

I do have a few things for sale though. I still have the pair of fresher Koni DA struts which were modified to allow for 2.5 degrees more negative camber. They have 1500 or so track miles on them. I'll go 500 shipped.

I have a pair of Reichard hubcentric spacers 10mm (3/8")...60 shipped.

I still have two pairs of 03 Cobra rear Bilstien shocks. 60 shipped per pair.

1 set of a galpher pads for the 00R calipers, new. 100 shipped.

I also have one set of OEC 95R style black wheels 9/10.5 shod with 8 cycle V710's. (275/40/17 & 315/35/17) These are the first and only set of tires mounted to these wheels, and were new at the beginning of last season. The wheels have no blemishes, but have caked on brake dust. I need 800 for the set before shipping....and I'd rather not ship them...but would do it for someone here that really needs them.

Last edited:

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Troy, were the bottom mounts opened up on the Koni's?
What was on the car if not them?
Can I borrow $500? I found a really sweet deal on some shocks. :poke:

TroyV

Established Member
I had the machinist at work slot the bottom hole .100" Works out to 2.5* of additional negative camber.

The car has another set of DA's installed.

Last edited:

wheelhopper

Established Member
Sure is a good deal for the struts. Very tempting. I have been considering getting a better strut to go to a higher spring rate. hmmmmmm.

TroyV

Established Member
They are already packed and could be shipped immediately. :)

TroyV

Established Member
I'll give you guys a couple more days to consider some of these parts.......then it is on to ebay..

breakaway500

horsepower junkie
Established Member
I'll probably use the MSMiata at Tremblant this year,maybe the Atom.Depends on the forecast.I'll use the Focus at NHMS1 and then it goes into semi-retirement,while I turn it into a 1400lb fwd exo skelletal car.Yikes...

Your gonna love the Miata for durability and handling! They make some nice turbo kits...

TroyV

Established Member
You need to put some seat sliders in the Atom so I can drive it. I couldn't even reach the pedals last time I sat in it. I'm dying to find out what driving that car is like.

breakaway500

horsepower junkie
Established Member
Driving the Atom will spoil you forever.Everything else feels like a fat pig on wheels...except a sport bike!

My gold Atom has sliders and Sparcos...

Users who are viewing this thread