Huff...Here goes..

TroyV

Brakes only slow you down
Established Member
I'm posting this here as I feel it applies more here than in FS.

I'm going to sell the Cobra. I have offered it to the locals as it sits, but in reality...I'll most likely be returning it to near stock condition. Here is a mods list if anyone here is interested in any of the parts. If you PM any interest, I will give you guys first crack at any of the parts.

2003 SVT Cobra, 57k miles, Sonic Blue with grey interior.

Mods list.

BilletFlow 4 pc idlers with 2.76 non slip, and 3.10 pulleys.
Excalibrator tunes for both pulleys by Pete Johnson at Performance in Concord NH.
K&N FIPK
MM Full length sub frame connectors
MM Strut tower brace
MM CC plates
MM front coilovers with #450 hypercoils
Koni Double adjustable struts
Brake duct plates
Brembo 00R brakes
New Head gaskets, and ARP2000 head studs
New FRPP HD clutch
MGW T-56 shifter
Torsen T2R differential
BilletFlow IRS brace
MM Rear coilovers with #600 hypercoils
Custom converted/valved Koni double adjustable rear shocks
FR500 exhaust
Also have a flowmaster exhaust.
Hidden hitch bar with plug and play 4 pin harness
Wheels:
Set 1: Ford R50 95 Cobra R Silver 17x9 shod with 275/40/17 Riken Raptor tires (on car)
Set 2: OEC 95R 17x9 & 17x10.5” Silver shod with scrub V710 rubber (rear only)
Set 3: Two R50’s and two AFS 17x10.5”, Silver shod with scrub V710 rubber (rear only)
Set 4: OEC 95R 17x9 & 17x10.5”, Black with 8 cycle V710’s
Loose tires: Four 315/35/17 V710’s with 6 cycles on them….excellent condition
Two Hoosier A3S04 autocross compound tires….good for at least one or two more events.

TroyV

Established Member
The choice was fairly elementary when got into the nuts and bolts of it. When I'm on track, it is hard to resist driving as hard as I can. I am more and more cognizant of the fact that the car has no safety gear. It is way too nice to hack it up/gut it to install a cage...and thus is the reason. I have some equity in the car, even in this market. So I'm going to try and sell it as it sits first, and if it doesn't move.....and there is no interest in the parts, then I'll try sell it closer to stock. If I still can't sell it......then I'll consider gutting it.....but I doubt it will come to that.

Edit: As for a replacement, there is a target vehicle, but it is not a done deal.

Last edited:

NJ 03Mach1

Hillclimbers do it better
Established Member
Troy, look into the MM 4pt bolt in, or Autopower cage.. Both are extremely clean installs with minimum hacking.. All ya do is the holes in the floor, and two holes in the rear plastics for the kickers. Both decently priced thru ArtsPerformanceParts.com could easily return both of them to stock with ease...

If you want pics, I have the 4pt. Not installed as clean as it should be, but that was my fault due to time.. But it is still a clean look, and could go back to stock and you'd never know it was there.

TroyV

Established Member
I considered that, but I really want to be driving something with side and especially foot protection. I want to expand my skill as a driver, and I feel like I can't do that in a car that is this nice in which I must make compromises. In addition to that, the expense to operate this car at the level I want is hard to maintain.

It is entirely possible that the car won't move in this market. I'm going to give it a little time. I'll consider taking the car to the next level if I find it impossible to sell....though I doubt it will come to that. One ride in this car is all it takes to blow people's minds..

I want to replace it with something that is complete with a cage, sorted out, and cheap to operate/maintain. I'm just not getting enough seat time, and the only way I can get it is to field a less expensive vehicle.

Purple.gif

Last edited:

Maynor

Established Member
My car just got back from the shop with a wicked roll bar installed. I finally bit the bullet and decided its a nice car but a nice "safety bubble" while on track was finally in the cards. Now that's in, I wish I did it sooner.

I know exactly how you feel though. Its a dilemma.

You've got a PM as well.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
I was lucky, my car was already a bit worn out, so I had no compulsions about a little hack and slash. But I'm still at the point that I could return it to street with just a few extra holes in it. LOL
I agree, its a dilemma.

G/L with the sale & the replacement.

[EDIT] Maybe you could rent out half of your garage for some extra $$$ if you could learn how to park. :nonono:

Last edited:

TroyV

Established Member
That's not my garage. That was the result of the last detail it got just before I put it away in October.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Troy:

Sorry to hear you're thinking about getting out of the Cobra. I agree, driving a Cobra near the edge uses up a LOT of equipment! :cryying:

I want to replace it with something that is complete with a cage, sorted out, and cheap to operate/maintain.

Are you looking at a Miata!?! ;-):poke:

wheelhopper

Established Member
I'd be interested in the Torsen T2R if you pull that out.

I feel the same way as you about caging the Cobra. I have a '90GT that I plan on using when my skills progress a little further and the Cobra becomes more costly. Or my driving is more agressive.

BlackStripes

Established Member
Blackstripes:

Is that you? If so, what's the chase vehicle?

At first I thought, "Hey, maybe that's me in the GT500?" Then after the first corner he missed all the marks I figured out it wasn't me. ;-)

Who doesn't love Full course VIR!!!????!!!! :dancenana:

Nah, its not me. But I do have an 02 Miata with the same SC (MP62) than the one in the video. I only put 185 rwhp and mine its heavier at 2300lbs. The one in the video has 200rwhp and weighs under 2200lbs. When I got 15x8"s rims in mine and put 225's summer tires... got dizzy the first time i made a U turn at 40mph ... funny how weight makes 225's feel like 315's...:rockon:

Oh, Fast99Snake... be careful with those gay miata owners... they might **** you over at the track :burnout:

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
I hereby exercise my 5th amendment rights...

Peanut Farmer!!! :burn:

I'd be interested in the Torsen T2R if you pull that out.

I feel the same way as you about caging the Cobra. I have a '90GT that I plan on using when my skills progress a little further and the Cobra becomes more costly. Or my driving is more agressive.

Did you forget you have a car the factory built for the track? :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread