HP Tuners 2.25 BETA Release (2011+ Mustang supported + others)

Eric@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The same thing that stops them from happening on every other platform EXCEPT this one?
Respected tuners aren't blamed for popped motors on any other platform without evidence, why would they be blamed here?

The reality is that it opens peoples eyes to what's going on, and ultimately holds pro tuners to a higher standard now that what they're doing could be peer-reviewed.

Jeremy Formato has made a living for the past 10+ years by tuning LSx cars throughout Florida. Have some popped? Probably. But was he blammed for it? Not unless there was proof that what he did was wrong, and plenty of people (myself included) had the ability to alter the parameters that he initially configured.

A lot of the BS black magic voodoo hush hush top secret tuning crap will now come to light, and people can see the hack tunes for what they are.

Blown38

Established Member
Need Marauder support please.:)

How long would it take and what would you need to write a definition file?

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
I get it. You and Eric are both correct and I'm sure you guys have probably forgotten more about tuning cars than I'll ever know. This is normal for every other platform. It is awesome that the mustang community is going to see a ton of information out in the open now. I'm just saying that tuning an LS motor and tuning a coyote are two different animals, and we are likely to see guys that think they know what they are doing popping a few. (which is probably very common in the GM world too)

corepwn

Established Member
It's really not that common in the LSx world. But then again, neither is email tuning. These cars allow remote tuning because of the factory WB02s, and most other platforms don't have that functionality.

The buy in is still $500 to even be able to use the software, and then the vast majority will still have a tuner do the work for them. The idea that a ton of people are willing to spend upwards of $1000 to buy tuning software and then also pay a professional to do the work for them is unlikely. In reality, most people will still have pros tune their cars.

An issue that I see for HPT here which places them at an immediate disadvantage is that for email tuning to still be successful there has to be delivery mechanism from the computer to the ECU. SCT offers their hand held which doesn't offer any real tuning functionality for $350ish where HPTuners only sells the entire suite for $500.

To provide incentive for tuners and users to switch, a "medium" needs to be developed for HPT where tuners can write code and users can deploy it without paying for pieces they won't be using.

Eric@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I get it. You and Eric are both correct and I'm sure you guys have probably forgotten more about tuning cars than I'll ever know. This is normal for every other platform. It is awesome that the mustang community is going to see a ton of information out in the open now. I'm just saying that tuning an LS motor and tuning a coyote are two different animals, and we are likely to see guys that think they know what they are doing popping a few. (which is probably very common in the GM world too)

There are pro shops that have tuning software and they shouldn't have it. Cars are already blowing up from bad tunes.

Eric@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
It's really not that common in the LSx world. But then again, neither is email tuning. These cars allow remote tuning because of the factory WB02s, and most other platforms don't have that functionality.

The buy in is still $500 to even be able to use the software, and then the vast majority will still have a tuner do the work for them. The idea that a ton of people are willing to spend upwards of $1000 to buy tuning software and then also pay a professional to do the work for them is unlikely. In reality, most people will still have pros tune their cars.

An issue that I see for HPT here which places them at an immediate disadvantage is that for email tuning to still be successful there has to be delivery mechanism from the computer to the ECU. SCT offers their hand held which doesn't offer any real tuning functionality for $350ish where HPTuners only sells the entire suite for $500.

To provide incentive for tuners and users to switch, a "medium" needs to be developed for HPT where tuners can write code and users can deploy it without paying for pieces they won't be using.

Said delivery device is being developed.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Need Marauder support please.:)

How long would it take and what would you need to write a definition file?

it is my understanding we are not on their priority list at this time and sounds like we may well never be (cant say that I blame them I guess...)

Deespeed99

Established Member
Soooo i have not seen it answered yet. Does this unlock everything within the ECU or are there still things locked that you cant have access too like the basic SCT software?

Eric@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Soooo i have not seen it answered yet. Does this unlock everything within the ECU or are there still things locked that you cant have access too like the basic SCT software?

We don't lock anyone out of anything. If something doesn't appear, it is because we have not defined it. If you notice something not there, email (support at hptuners dot com) and it will be added to my queue of stuff to add.

We do have selectable levels of parameters (Basic/Advanced) that will be implemented, but its user selectable.

Deespeed99

Established Member
We don't lock anyone out of anything. If something doesn't appear, it is because we have not defined it. If you notice something not there, email (support at hptuners dot com) and it will be added to my queue of stuff to add.

We do have selectable levels of parameters (Basic/Advanced) that will be implemented, but its user selectable.

Wow this is game changing for those who are capable & have been wanting to tune these cars. Good to hear!

Users who are viewing this thread