HP Tuners 2.25 BETA Release (2011+ Mustang supported + others)

Eric@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
HPTFord.jpg

HP Tuners' is proud to announce the release of late-model FORD tuning support! Ditch the handheld and tune it yourself with VCM Suite 2.25! Take complete control of:

2005-2014 Ford Mustang
2004-2013 F-Series (Except EcoBoost)
2005-2010 Crown Victoria
2005-2010 Lincoln Towncar
2006-2010 Ford Fusion
2006-2010 Mercury Milan
2006-2010 Lincoln Zephr / MKZ
2005-2007 Ford Freestyle
2007-2009.5 Ranger
2005-2008 Expedition / Expedition EL
2006-2007 Freestar
2005-2007 - Lincoln Navigator
2003-2005 Thunderbird
2003-2005 Lincoln LS
2004-2010 Explorer / Mountaineer
2004-2011 Taurus / Sable (Except EcoBoost)
2002-2007 Escape / Mariner
2009-2010 Lincoln MKS
2010 Lincoln MKT
2009-2010 Ford Flex
2007-2010 Ford Edge
2002-2012 BA, BF, FG (Australian Ford)
and late-model Roush, Saleen, and Cobra Jet

If you already own a GM VCM Suite, you can simply add Ford credits to your existing cable. Just 99.98 per vehicle... no handheld needed!

Visit http://www.hptuners.com/ to learn more and share this with your Ford friends, tuners, and clubs!

Eric@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Will we be able to keep our existing tunes?

Yes.

If you get a checksum error (likely since it seems no one but us does this correctly), email the file to support at hptuners dot com and it will be corrected so you can license and edit the file.

SCalla1384

Established Member
Curious, so I could take an SCT tune, email it to hp tuners and then I can adjust what I want?

Regardless, I'm very interested. Hp tuners seems great

draxxus131

Established Member
I'm slightly confused about the product. If an "Aftermarket" tune is present, HP Tuners product will read that "foreign" tune and let me adjust it?

SCalla1384

Established Member
You only need to email us if you get an error.

Got ya, that's awesome. Going to have to really consider this.

Not trying to be a pain, how is it adjusting the VCT with the software? That's the one thing I'd really like to do. My curve looks good, doesn't dip off or anything, but I'm sure taking the time to really dial it in will make some power.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Read my custom tuned PCM last night in about 1:45 seconds with 0 issues. Licensing went smoothly and I'll setup the logger tonight. Can't wait!

Witt

Established Member
I'm slightly confused about the product. If an "Aftermarket" tune is present, HP Tuners product will read that "foreign" tune and let me adjust it?

You can read whatever is on the PCM, adjust what you want and write it back to the PCM.

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
So guys that have paid a shop to tune their car, can now go in and see exactly what was changed and make their own changes? I see some angry tuners in the near future.

corepwn

Established Member
So guys that have paid a shop to tune their car, can now go in and see exactly what was changed and make their own changes? I see some angry tuners in the near future.

I don't know why. Most of the reputable tuners will send you an open copy of your tune as is for an extra fee, and the agreement to not pass on to others. Coming form HPT and GM tuning in the past, I was appalled when I saw how closed off the information sharing is for Mustang's. The software was lacking and everyone was so secretive.

Yes, a lot of combos will work great with a canned tune due to the inclusion of WB02s from the factory on these cars. But then there's tons of other things that can change how a car behaves that a user might want to setup differently and not have to go back and forth with a tuner to adjust small things like shift schedules.

Tunes have always been able to be opened and reviewed for GM cars (LS1 or higher) and yet there are tons of shops and tuners still doing great business.

Voltwings

Established Member
I don't know why. Most of the reputable tuners will send you an open copy of your tune as is for an extra fee, and the agreement to not pass on to others. Coming form HPT and GM tuning in the past, I was appalled when I saw how closed off the information sharing is for Mustang's. The software was lacking and everyone was so secretive.

Yes, a lot of combos will work great with a canned tune due to the inclusion of WB02s from the factory on these cars. But then there's tons of other things that can change how a car behaves that a user might want to setup differently and not have to go back and forth with a tuner to adjust small things like shift schedules.

Tunes have always been able to be opened and reviewed for GM cars (LS1 or higher) and yet there are tons of shops and tuners still doing great business.

This. Coming from the Mazdaspeed platform with free access to Cobb's software, MSF has helped many people learn to tune, myself included. Granted, i'll be the first to admit tuning a stock turbo 4-cylinder with only access to 1 cam is quite simple, nowhere NEAR the complexity of these engines, but thats not to say a knowledge base cant be grown. I very much enjoyed tuning my own vehicle, and have tuned dozens of mazdas to date, and still continue to do so. I'd love the opportunity to be able to adjust my own car... Really excited to see this. I agree though, even with Access to information and help there will always be people who would just rather have a shop do it. I think The tuners will be fine.

Tuffnuts23

Established Member

I can see it from both sides. Yes, it would be great if all the information was available. But everytime someone pops a motor, the tune is always to blame. So what stops a guy from messing with his tune, melting a piston, and then raising hell about how his tuner is at fault? I can just see this happening in the future.

Eric@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I can see it from both sides. Yes, it would be great if all the information was available. But everytime someone pops a motor, the tune is always to blame. So what stops a guy from messing with his tune, melting a piston, and then raising hell about how his tuner is at fault? I can just see this happening in the future.

We aren't re-inventing the wheel as has been stated about how things are handled in the GM world. It is a non-issue. The tuner almost always gets the finger pointed at them now when something happens to a motor, whether really at fault or not. This doesn't change anything.

corepwn

Established Member

The same thing that stops them from happening on every other platform EXCEPT this one?
Respected tuners aren't blamed for popped motors on any other platform without evidence, why would they be blamed here?

The reality is that it opens peoples eyes to what's going on, and ultimately holds pro tuners to a higher standard now that what they're doing could be peer-reviewed.

Jeremy Formato has made a living for the past 10+ years by tuning LSx cars throughout Florida. Have some popped? Probably. But was he blammed for it? Not unless there was proof that what he did was wrong, and plenty of people (myself included) had the ability to alter the parameters that he initially configured.

Users who are viewing this thread