How would a 50 shot hold with a heaton running stock boost

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
First you are talking about 450 crank hp and then you switch it over to 450-500rwhp. Figure out which you want to take to an argument and stick with it Jr. And no...a motor with powdered rods is NOT going to live up to 450-500rwhp long.

Maybe I need to mod my quote on the other page? Is there now 3 idiots in this thread? :lol:
wow...well, since you can't actually figure it out yourself i guess i'll try and explain it differently. YOU mentioned 450 crank hp. doing a general drivetrain loss of say, 15% that comes to around 385 rwhp. my point was that there are countless 99/01's(and heck even 96-98's) running 450-500rwhp. so your argument is way off. i'm not switching around sides, just pointing out facts....

Stopsign32v

Established Member
wow...well, since you can't actually figure it out yourself i guess i'll try and explain it differently. YOU mentioned 450 crank hp. doing a general drivetrain loss of say, 15% that comes to around 385 rwhp. my point was that there are countless 99/01's(and heck even 96-98's) running 450-500rwhp. so your argument is way off. i'm not switching around sides, just pointing out facts....

:nonono: I'm going to go slow for you and I'd like you to do the same...maybe then it will sink in for you. After you get done reading this before you go beating away at your keyboard making yourself look even less smart, at the bottom of the page you will see where to click to view the different pages of this thread. Now go through all of the pages and before you replied find somewhere that I mentioned the 450 crank hp you say that I did. When you get done with that read below..

Now that we have that out of the way a SAFE power on a 99/01 Cobra that will see daily driving and alot of sit and go driving would be 400rwhp IMO. Ofcourse all these safe guesses are just our opinions however I don't think you have blown up one of these motors. Have you even got a 99 Cobra to 500rwhp on the stock motor? I didn't think so, you're just a internet racer. I however have got my personal 99 Cobra above 500rwhp on the stock motor. The rods lived all of about a year before 4....yes not one but 4 let go. Took out my block, pistons, valves, crank, oiling system, and oil pan. Now is all of that ruined worth 50 or hell ever 100rwhp for alittle while? If so then you are a ****ing idiot or else you have money sitting around. And while the OPer doesn't then the second option doesn't matter leaving only the first. And find me "countless" 99/01 Cobras making 500+rwhp on the stock shortblock.

Last edited by a moderator:

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
first off, my bad man. i was confusing what snkevenom said aobut the 450 crank hp thing. when you quoted that post of mine i just replied without checking first. my apologies....

second, the "safe" level is very debateble. some blow a completely stock motor, and some make 450+ for 4 years and 30,000 miles(Double"O"). while my old 99 didn't make 500rwhp, it was close at 470. i had the blower on for a little over a year, which was about 9,000 miles. went to the track, local meets, and played around every once in a while too. it's still holding stong with the new owner too....also, i said 450-500rwhp, not 500+. i will agree that over the 500 mark is definitely waiting to let go. that sucks about your car man.

here's a list of a few 99/01's off the top of my head that are making 450-500rwhp on stock motor. there's more, but it's late and i'm lazy...

01 Venom
Double"O"
venomnous99
RED99COBRA
01laser
99riocobra(my old 99 is still alive...;-))

Stopsign32v

Established Member
450rwhp is ALOT different than 500rwhp on a stock motor. 450rwhp might last a few years if you don't beat on it alot and take the RPMs high alot. Shifting the power up to 500rwhp is cutting the life of your motor by about 75% less than 450rwhp. So in my theory (I won't say its in stone because again this topics is simply opinions) if you had a 450rwhp stock motor and it lasted 4 years your 500rwhp motor will last a year. Again alot of stuff comes into play however IMO you should always assume that the person will actually use their car. Sure you can have a 800rwhp stock motor car and it will last 10 years as long as you keep your foot out of it. But who will do that? No one... People that want 450rwhp and 500rwhp want to USE their new power.

Again....please no one that has a stock motor think for one second that you are in the "safe zone" with 450+rwhp. Unless you have about $10,000 sitting around ready to pick up the pieces it is a very bad idea to run your car that hard. 450+rwhp combined with 7,000rpms is a ****ton stress on your POS stock powdered rods. And when one lets go it takes out everything in its way. Take the time while you are ahead and do things RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

svtsilversnake

DRIVER MODED
Established Member
no offence but ^ thats is the first post you have made that makes sence on the subject. Your are right about what is safe and iI dont think anyone will argue that wit you, it just but just never happens. You pay to play and I realize that. I didnt wake up yesterday and buy a cobra. There are people who have made their stock blocks last. longer than 4 years

Stopsign32v

Established Member
no offence but ^ thats is the first post you have made that makes sence on the subject. Your are right about what is safe and iI dont think anyone will argue that wit you, it just but just never happens. You pay to play and I realize that. I didnt wake up yesterday and buy a cobra. There are people who have made their stock blocks last. longer than 4 years

Well sadly you haven't made a post yet on this subject that has made sense.

svtsilversnake

DRIVER MODED
Established Member
^lol mkay. So all the facts I stated are actualy false and were completly unreadable, in fact 99riored's cobra doesnt even have a blower its just a hollow case with a gerbil inside. Ohh and that slly dyno graph is photoshoped. That my freind was a dumb comeback. especialy since I wasnt flaming you. To be honest im tired of arguing, but I realize im not helping.

svtsilversnake

DRIVER MODED
Established Member
A 99 Cobra with an Eaton isn't going to make 450rwhp on 8psi of boost. The compression is higher than the 03 Cobra but the heads are smaller. Show me one 99 Cobra with just a Eaton @ 8psi making 450rwhp...And I mean a TRUE 450rwhp. Take your time...I'm not sitting here on the edge of my chair waiting because I know you aren't going to find anything. :bored:

Hell I will even step it up alittle...I'd like someone to find ANY 99 Cobra with an Eaton on stock heads making 450rwhp on 10psi!

That shows exaclty how much knowlege you have retained on ported eatons..................0.00% and the heads arnt actually smaller they just flow a little less at higher rpm than the N/A heads. There are flow bench numbers in my sean hyland book comparing all modular heads.

Last edited:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
I don't know anything about ported Eatons...I don't care to know anything about them. I know if the ported Eaton was the way to go the 03 Cobra guys would go with that instead of selling the POS blower and going with a Whipple or a KB. I however do know that a non ported Eaton will be more than enough for your puny little stock shortblock Cobra so again the point comes up that it is a waste of time to port it for you. Wow your IAT's might be alittle higher...there are other ways around that than porting the blower or spraying it with nitrous! But I've gotten past the point of caring what you do with your car. Have fun with it! :beer:

svtsilversnake

DRIVER MODED
Established Member
^I wouldnt say he doesnt know what he is talking about, But he is missing the point. He is right im gonna do what im gonna do.I started this thread for n2o + blower then it got off topic and people started saying shit that wasnt true about ported eatons. so I got alittle defensive because I cant stand people telling me "facts" that are ****ing wrong. I cant stand people like that.

Users who are viewing this thread