How would a 50 shot hold with a heaton running stock boost

svtsilversnake

DRIVER MODED
Established Member
Ok so I was talking with a close freind, and he is getting ready to buy a zex kit. I bought a eaton m112 off on 03 with only 4k of use for 400. It is going to take atleast a year to round up the parts I will need for the swap, so i was looking at putting a 100 shot on for now and then when the swap is done switch to a 50 shot for an extra kick when needed. The blower is also going to be a staig stage 4 port when i get the money. I dont want to run more than 8#'s of boost especialy if I use a n2o shot. what do ya'll think

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Why would you spend the money to put a stage 4 port job on it when you only plan to run 8psi? Waste of money bigtime! Nitrous wont hurt but if you don't have a forged bottom end watch the power.

snkevenom

Established Member
ok first is if you have a cobra it has like a -3cc pistion or a flat top with a roots blower it add alot of boost fast which is not good for flat tops also it makes it really hard to tune and could give alot of pre detonation so i recomend throwing that blower up on ebay and go with a procharger or vortech if you have a stock motor they dont add boost as fast and are easy to tune with lots of horse for stock bottom ends trust me i was going to do the same thing with you and found all this out. i made 405whp on 7psi with just exhaust with me vortech and had a crappy tune on it.

svtsilversnake

DRIVER MODED
Established Member
well i dont like the centi kits. i also dont have the money for them new. I just like the instant power and sound of the eatons. the n2o would only be useed some times. as far as why i would port the blower is simple. i have read some posts from people who have done the swap, one ported one stock. the ported put down i beleive 450 hp and 430 tq at 9 pounds. the other was pullied for 12# and stock blower with lower #'s. plus thats less heat and with n2o i figured it would help cool things down

Stopsign32v

Established Member
well i dont like the centi kits. i also dont have the money for them new. I just like the instant power and sound of the eatons. the n2o would only be useed some times. as far as why i would port the blower is simple. i have read some posts from people who have done the swap, one ported one stock. the ported put down i beleive 450 hp and 430 tq at 9 pounds. the other was pullied for 12# and stock blower with lower #'s. plus thats less heat and with n2o i figured it would help cool things down

How much does it cost to get a stage 4 port job on the Heaton?

AGAIN, DO YOU HAVE A BUILT MOTOR?

And finally what is the picture in the long run? Where do you want your car to be 3 years from now?

svtsilversnake

DRIVER MODED
Established Member
havent checked yet on theport price. I thought i read somewhere that it was around 700 not sure though. longterm for the car i just somthing fun and streetable with a nasty bite. one day i will own a terminator but im makin d with wht i got and my imternals are stock. my crank however is forged. just not my rods and slugs

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Make 450rwhp on the blower alone (unported) and leave it alone. Sell the nitrous kit and take the money from that and the port job and start building a forged motor.

svtsilversnake

DRIVER MODED
Established Member
i dont want to run more than 8# though. thats why I want to port it. so i can make more power with alittle less boost. i havent bought nitrous yet but there was a guy in mm&ff with a blue 01 with a centi kit (vortec i beleive) and a shot of juice and drove it daily with that setup amd had put around 20k on that setup. i just mainly want a smal kick for now and then with the blower have a nice extra punch if i want it. i also figure the ported blower will have lower iat's and if at all else that give me comfort. do you see where im coming from? im freakin 20yrs old i dont have alota money or i would just start puttin a motor together but ive got plenty of time to get that rolling. plus i just moved into a house. so im on a tight go fast budget.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Listen....everyone here that is giving you advice KNOWS what they are doing. We can't MAKE you listen we can only hope you will. Porting your blower would be a waste of money for you. Now before you read ahead reread the last sentence then look below.

I'll break everything down for you here...

450rwhp is as far as I would take your car. Honestly you don't need to go over 400 to be safe. When and if these motors let go it costs ALOT to fix them. You can make 400rwhp without porting the Eaton, so why do it? It will cost you $700 to port it you say. That will get you some damn good pistons or rods for the motor that you will build down the road. If you are worried about the intake air getting too hot ask the 03 Cobra guys what they do to keep it cooler. You can run a front mount W2A cooler and then get a tank and put ice in it. The nitrous is a bad idea! If you don't have a window switch if you hit the rev limiter on juice your motor is toast. And the nitrous on top of the blower is going to put alot of stress on your pistons.

Simply put you don't need nitrous AND a blower at this point. Pick one...spray the car with a 100 shot or put the blower on. Either sell the nitrous kit or sell the blower. If I were you my number one thing right now would be building a forged motor.

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
i dont want to run more than 8# though. thats why I want to port it. so i can make more power with alittle less boost. i havent bought nitrous yet but there was a guy in mm&ff with a blue 01 with a centi kit (vortec i beleive) and a shot of juice and drove it daily with that setup amd had put around 20k on that setup. i just mainly want a smal kick for now and then with the blower have a nice extra punch if i want it. i also figure the ported blower will have lower iat's and if at all else that give me comfort. do you see where im coming from? im freakin 20yrs old i dont have alota money or i would just start puttin a motor together but ive got plenty of time to get that rolling. plus i just moved into a house. so im on a tight go fast budget.

That blue cobra had a full return style fuel system and thats the only reason why it had lived. If you try to spray that car you will end up spending alot more money. Theres no reason to run 8psi when you have an intercooler. All your doing is limiting power. That port job isnt going to gain as much hp on 8psi as it would on anybody elses car on 15+. Just do some more research and figure out the best way to go about doing this before you start dumping money all over the place.

quikcobra

Established Member
I dont know what year you have but none of our 96-01 cobra motor will hold that man. your motor will be pretty much at its SAFE point with the ported blower and bolt-ons. exhaust, thottle body ect.. the shot will finalize you kaboom.

And your numbers they guy is on here. smart but a Dick!!! and the other guy I think unported is on here i think the numbers were.

Ported 470 8psi Unported 430 12psi get it ported. but ill watch out with the shot. I removed my kit for the blower and it was well worth it. it sound's great. and pull's insane.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
That blue cobra had a full return style fuel system and thats the only reason why it had lived. If you try to spray that car you will end up spending alot more money. Theres no reason to run 8psi when you have an intercooler. All your doing is limiting power. That port job isnt going to gain as much hp on 8psi as it would on anybody elses car on 15+. Just do some more research and figure out the best way to go about doing this before you start dumping money all over the place.

LS1Killer how bout that race? I just got my Cobra back...it made a hair over 410rwhp. :rolling:

TERMINATED97

Established Member
If you are gonna get your eaton why not get a stage 5? I'm sending mine out in about a week for the steigemeier stage V port. I agree though with what everyones saying in here. Theres no point in getting it ported and only running 8 psi.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member

you might as well sell everything if you cant afford it. Listen to what people are telling you, just because you dont like the fact that you dont have enough money to do it doesnt mean you should still do it regardless of what 99% of the people are telling you is going to happen if you go through with this. You are going to blow your motor up, and cause a lot more problems for yourself and spend even more money on it the second time. So quit being stubborn and do the right thing, build the motor up first then put the blower on. There are a lot of things we dont like doing but if it benefits you, why not? Your car might sit for a little bit, big whoop? your cars going to sit a lot longer with a blown engine.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread