How would a 50 shot hold with a heaton running stock boost

Stopsign32v

Established Member
You cant even compare a KB or Whipple to a ported eaton. Wow. That is just stupid. Lets see a KB = over $3000 and a turbo not even close dude. Lets compare apples to apples here.

You can compare anything to anything dude! What the hell are you talking about? FI is FI

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Damn 2 people in this thread are complete morons.... I'm not even going to throw names but one starts with S and the other O.

But I'm glad both of you know so much...I'm going to sell my 74mm turbo for a 109mm turbo, that way I can run less boost and the IAT's won't be so high. :rolleyes:

snkevenom

Established Member
when i asked that question i wasnt try to be an jack ass or any thing i was just wanting to know why you thought by porting it you could do that but its your car man have fun with it a fast stang is awesome but just saying what every one else here is saying too its going to take more than 7psi to get 450 whp. because my centriv is 78% efficient and on 7psi i only made 405whp and thats all the tuner could get, and centrivs are said to be the best at making cooler power, i do know that cobras from the factory all had different timing some can gain as much as 20hp just by having the chain bumped. there is also a guy selling his 99 cobra its red on the market form with the eaton ported making 10psi he made 450-460whp

snkevenom

Established Member
You cant even compare a KB or Whipple to a ported eaton. Wow. That is just stupid. Lets see a KB = over $3000 and a turbo not even close dude. Lets compare apples to apples here.

ok buddy apples for apples i can build a turbo kit cheaper than you can buy a blower and we were talking about hp gains from porting not $$:bash:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
A 99 Cobra with an Eaton isn't going to make 450rwhp on 8psi of boost. The compression is higher than the 03 Cobra but the heads are smaller. Show me one 99 Cobra with just a Eaton @ 8psi making 450rwhp...And I mean a TRUE 450rwhp. Take your time...I'm not sitting here on the edge of my chair waiting because I know you aren't going to find anything. :bored:

Hell I will even step it up alittle...I'd like someone to find ANY 99 Cobra with an Eaton on stock heads making 450rwhp on 10psi!

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
Wow, since both of you are so knowledgeable about the swap, I assume both of you have completed and tuned 99 cobra's with eatons right?

snkevenom

Established Member
it would have to be ported like nuts but my question is can you even run 10psi on that too much compres. i dont think it would 1 make it past the dyno pull or 2 wouldnt be able to tune with out too much detonation

snkevenom

Established Member
no had a eaton talk to builders and tunes so didnt waste my time but i do have a 99 cobra with a blower on stock bottom end but what about you? since your sticking your neck out do you have an eaton on yours?

svtsilversnake

DRIVER MODED
Established Member
stopsign you are being ignorant!

1). You are running more boost than what I am planing on running. So what you have said is irrelavant.

2). If you have read the past 2 pages you would'nt have posted with your remarks saying "there are 2 morons in this thread" I have not called any names so you can take a chill pill.

3). The ported eaton will produce better reslts than a non ported one running the same psi. That is not even debateable.

4). wAt makIs yu thNkE wii re moRanS?

5). In case you have'nt noticed the thread has deviated from its original question.

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
no had a eaton talk to builders and tunes so didnt waste my time but i do have a 99 cobra with a blower on stock bottom end but what about you? since your sticking your neck out do you have an eaton on yours?

Dont you worry about me... I am just here to make sure people do not get the wrong idea about swapping an eaton on there cars.

snkevenom

Established Member
ok answer to the original question can you run a 50 shot on top of 7psi and be safe all depends on the tune i had guys from cinci speed tell me i could put a 50-75 hit with my centriv but that adds boost slower than what you are planning to do so just being that i dont want to buy a $3,000 motor i wouldnt but its all about the tune and the compres.

snkevenom

Established Member
orange stang : do you live near middletown oh and go to the cruise in a white castle?

Users who are viewing this thread