How to, The Correct Boost Bypass Mod

racin4ds

SVT Crazy
Established Member
Just did this mod myself, took 20mins and $5 and works great!!! I did notice boost comes on slightly sooner and definitely stays through a pull, no bleed off like I had before!

TVSCobra

Established Member
Wouldn't just swopping the vacuum line from the boost bypass solenoid to the boost bypass actuator do the same thing?

*SVT*

What next?
Established Member
I would like to hear from the people that have had the mod for a while. Any good or bad feedback?
Thanks

cobra21987

Established Member
this is a awesome mod i did it last night and tryed it today and holy hell its a huge difference love it now it feels like i gain 25 horse Thanks alot man appreciate all the pics and stuff

H8TOLUZ

Established Member
Just stumbled upon this thread. If you're running the vacuum line from post blower port you will never have vacuum to the bypass valve. When not in boost it will just be 0 vacuum therefore the flap in the blower will always be closed and still cause high iat's. Just sayn....

ScubaDM

Just stumbled upon this thread. If you're running the vacuum line from post blower port you will never have vacuum to the bypass valve. When not in boost it will just be 0 vacuum therefore the flap in the blower will always be closed and still cause high iat's. Just sayn....

I know this is an old reply to an even older thread but I had to reply and say.... HUH?! What are you talkin' about Willis? The line used to plug into the upper port on the boost bypass valve that he said use on this thread indeed has a vacuum when not in boost so I have no clue what your talking about? This works exactly like a mechanical boost gauge it has vacuum when not in boost and of course it has positive pressure when you are in boost. I even put a vacuum gauge on the vacuum line to make sure. So not sure why your posting it.

04cobruh

Established Member
Did it last night. Cost 7$ and it looks factory with the hose Coverings. I am going in for a dyno tune next Saturday. Should I keep this on before I tune it, or tune it and then do this mod?

bolt on car with stock eaton and 2.8" upper pulley

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
I'd tune it how you plan on running it. If you do it after the tune it's possible you'd end up in a higher mass air cell. If the tuner didn't extrapolate to the end of the curve this would be bad.

I've been meaning to do this, I find it weird, I believe mine is routed stock but seems to hold 16psi to the limiter.

Slow03gt

I bought my car with a Whipple on it, there are vacuum lines unhooked and plugged with bolts laying around, open vacuum lines and the car doesn't run right under boost. Almost looks like previous owner was trying to do this mod. But. Having trouble following this because I don't know what was originally there and how it went. Would this mod work the same on a Whipple???

SVT_VADER

Know this is an older thread but looking for photos of the correct way to bypass without heat issues since photoshop has blocked viewing them. if anyone has access to them let me know. TIA

Users who are viewing this thread